It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the night sky been calling to you lately?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Within the past 6 months, I have been attracted to the night sky more and more. It has gotten to the point where I will go outside in the 30 degree weather every night and just stare at the beauty of the universe. I have been attracted to certain areas of the sky, one of them being Orion. Have you ever noticed how different areas of the sky seem to give off different vibes? please share your experiences and thoughts.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by CaninE.G

I've always loved the night sky. The Universe is beautiful. I've always felt like it was calling to us, every time I'm outside at night I always look at the moon and stars. I do find myself looking at Orion very often as well but I think that's because I live in a city and there aren't too many stars visible so Orion is one of the only Constellations I can make out.

I always found it interesting to think that on other worlds there may be beings not so dissimilar to us staring up at those same stars from a different cosmic perspective. That perhaps on some other world our sun Sol is part of one of their constellations. And some grand legend or grand hero or god has been attached to that constellation and our sun plays a part in it.

Ever look at the Hubble Deep Field images, the ones showing all those galaxies? It's so beautiful and yet we don't know how or why it came to be we only have tentative theories that scratch the surface.

For thousands of years our species has been looking up in awe, I hope we NEVER lose that as a species. I actually saw a History channel show about Ancient Astronauts in which a woman was talking about how important the stars and heavenly bodies were to getting early civilization started. She was right. But then she said something I will never forget that made my heart sink, I paraphrase

In this modern time we have GPS to tell us where we're going. We don't need to look at the stars or the sky.

It was something like that, it was the attitude of superiority over the primitive sky-staring ancients that I remember more clearly than the words. I thought to myself "NOT LOOK AT THE STARS? At the sky! Is this woman mad? I love that sky."

Without that initial wondering, that philosophical deep awe and wonder about this cosmos and the natural world, science, philosophy, mythology and quite possibly civilization itself would never have gotten started and it would be a dark world indeed.

[edit on 12-12-2009 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
thank you so much for that comment, Titen-Sxull. Cool display name by the way. My favorite part is about the GPS. its so true.

I will never stop looking at the night sky. It always make me happy, and always brings a sense of the bigger picture. I too, also think, if on some far away planet, there are creatures looking up at the sky. But what if they didn't have eyes or sight? What would they think of the night sky? would they sense it? hmm...

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   

I have been drawn to the night sky for as long as I can remember.

I agree with your comment that certain areas of the sky have a different energy to them.

My particular favourites are (as you) the constellation of Orion ... particularly the Nebula (on a clear night) ... and Sirius ... the way it twinkles and gives the illusion of different colours (like a jewel).

Living on the edge of the North Yorkshire Moors, means in a lot of places there is little to no light pollution so you get to see some amazing spectacles up there.

Woody

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Yeah I guess I have if I’m honest, but then again I am an amateur astronomer so I suppose I don't really count
I've been out with my camera a fair bit just taking pics free hand (as apposed to on a tripod) I’ve been concentrating on Jupiter and had some mad results through camera shake, but like you I have been draw to the night sky of late.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Yeah put me down as star gazer too , Since i can remember , but alot in the last 2 years , i m outside ,having a ciggarette ,looking up and out , wondering whats up with you ??, where im from i can see stars twinkling and changin colour , i see dark yellow stars , bright blue ones , normal white , even one reddish one , im like , is that nibiru ? naah..cant be ,wow, falling star about 3-4 times a year , one time on daydream island (tourist destination) i saw about 6-7 falling stars in a matter 30 secs ! Wont get into what else ive seen , since this is about stars , but ive seen enough , hint . I live about 2 hours drive south of biggest UFO Hotspots in the southern Hemisphere (so they say ) , look up Tully ,Australia... Nice Thread !S& F!

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
The title of the thread is "Has the night sky been calling to you lately?" That means you can include any other strange phenomena you have seen, not just stars. I would actually prefer that you share the strange experiences over the usual things you see in the sky at night.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   

The only weird thing I’ve seen recently is of human origin, I live a couple of miles from an RAF base (RAF Benson) it’s the main base in the UK for Helicopters, I see them all the time on night exercises, loads of them flying about at night, the other night I was out with my camera taking shots of Jupiter and I heard a helicopter coming towards my house flying really really low, now like I say I see them all the time and it’s nothing new for them to fly low but in this case I couldn’t see it, normally they have a front white light and a rear tail light flashing and a red light on the undercarriage, they are very distinguishable from planes due to the lights and the way they move throughout the sky, but this one was totally blacked out, no lights nothing, it came over my farm house about the height of two houses on top of each other and it was almost on top of me before I could actually make out it’s shape (it was a dark night, no moon) at first I thought it was going to crash as it was so low and the noise it gave off was tremendous, real ear splitting, so I though I’d take a picture of it, it was almost right above me when I shot it and when I looked at the photo on my PC, nothing, not a thing just black, you would have thought it would show something, but no just complete blackness, I guess it’s all explainable, I missed the helicopter, and it was doing a night exercise without lights, but it was weird because I’ve never in all the years that I’ve lived here seen a blacked out helicopter, maybe it was searching for spiral phenomena

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I to have been attracted to the night sky since i can remember, even more so the past 20 years, and Orion is one of the more dominant constellation
i find myself looking at, though the Pleiades star cluster seems to have me drawn in at the moment as well. At one point i had friends asking me what i was on, and could they have some, LOL. I even took a three year Astronomy course so i could understand better what was up there, and what it was all about, yet i still find myself, even more so lately standing in the freezing cold looking up. For me though its more about things like, is that a plain, is it a satellite? things like that, looking for some answerers. I have had some strange dreams lately to, very vivid,and powerful, I wont go into them because you will be asking for some of what i am on, though i have never taken a drug in my life. it is interesting though, and i will always look up.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
i have to look at the sky every night myself. Its very strange and i dont know i feel like i have to..but every night its different. And it almost plays a part on how my night is..or has been. its very strange. but the stars, clouds, and moon at night are beautiful

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by StaceyWilson

Yes , Ive seen em , UFO s , and what ive seen has been of difference , I saw two with my wife and son , they were white and of high altitude , in fact my son pointed them out to me , i had to really focus but i saw two white lights constantly taking over (like two cars on a highway) except when one went forward it looked like it ' swang'the other one like an invisable rope was connected to it , it was very freeflowing or floating (if i say so) . almost whiplashing across the sky, the word that comes to mind is "Smoothly" , very exciting for my son and wife ,
Im not entirely comfortable talking or writing about some other things i have seen , i know im on ATS and ,Ufo sightings are common ,but the fear of ridicule is still strong , my mates who've known me since high school still dont talk or call me since 99 when i experienced something that blew me away , it still hurts to know were not mates anymore , they were the UFC type , anything outside of training and Women didnt interest them , So Ufos was the deal breaker as far as friendships went, yeah, but if i feel genuine interest from this thread , ill tell whoever wants to hear about my sightings , otherwise , yeah , Ufos are real in my experience . Thanks

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by StaceyWilson

Yes , Ive seen em , UFO s , and what ive seen has been of difference , I saw two with my wife and son , they were white and of high altitude , in fact my son pointed them out to me , i had to really focus but i saw two white lights constantly taking over (like two cars on a highway) except when one went forward it looked like it ' swang'the other one like an invisable rope was connected to it , it was very freeflowing or floating (if i say so) . almost whiplashing across the sky, the word that comes to mind is "Smoothly" , very exciting for my son and wife ,
Im not entirely comfortable talking or writing about some other things i have seen , i know im on ATS and ,Ufo sightings are common ,but the fear of ridicule is still strong , my mates who've known me since high school still dont talk or call me since 99 when i experienced something that blew me away , it still hurts to know were not mates anymore , they were the UFC type , anything outside of training and Women didnt interest them , So Ufos was the deal breaker as far as friendships went, yeah, but if i feel genuine interest from this thread , ill tell whoever wants to hear about my sightings , otherwise , yeah , Ufos are real in my experience . Thanks

Come on Stacey, you can't whet our appetites like that and not tell your story
I doubt you'll get ridiculed on hear, I've seen things in the sky I can't explain, in fact just this morning coming to work I saw a very very bright light hanging over a local RAF base, what was weird about it was the fact there were helicopters surrounding it at about a mile out in a circle, what it was I have no idea, it wasn't a helicopter, the lights were far to bright, and certainly wasn't a plane or a star, so lord knows what it was?? I'm not going to make a claim and say it was a UFO because I just don't have a clue what would be that bright.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I'm sorry you are no longer friends with those people. However, i would really like hear some of the things you saw. I have never experienced anything myself. I actually don't know if i completely believe that there is something out there. But, for some reason i feel drawn to the night time sky...or to the sky in general. I feel so small compared to it..so unimportant. Its a really weird feeling when i just sit and stare at the sky. I know this kinda sounds all gay but its true. anyways..just wanted to let you know that i would like to hear some of your experiences
no ridicule here

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Okay , here it goes ..this is the one which has left me wondering why i opened my mouth in the first place ,
My ex manager (an american from Hawaii ) showed me a book ,dont know why or how we got on the topic, but this book was called Cosmic Conspiracy by Stan Deyo , This was in 98'.
I couldnt put the darn thing down , it was interesting , cause 3 years earlier i read a book called Chariots of the Gods which was awesome ,but then life cont and didnt really stick with me , anyway,back to the story ,
This book Cosmic Conspiracy was my first real insight to what governments were up to, now ..Part 2 ..there was a section of the book which Stan says that Ufos are real etc, But he also said if someone asks if you believe in Ufos , YOU SAY NO ! I believe they exist , They are not my God , I dont believe IN them , and then i signed my name in the part where you sign as fellow exist believer now..Part 3 (the life changing part )
My neighbours were Japanese Surfers who were musos ,and they were really cool, i would go surfing with em about twice a week , which was cool , this surf session was an afternoon , good midbreak,not to full , nice 3foot waves , it was about 40 mins off dusk/sunset and the wind usually drops so the waves glass out , nice time ,After being out there for about 10 mins ,My japanese neighbour takes off on a good wave , starts riding it,i check out his first couple of moves and then turn ta face the line up...
Then i stopped and saw them ,, in perfect formation up and out about what looked to be 30-40 km over the sea , Bright , Golden / Yellow orbs , i counted 12 , just sitting there motionless , after reading the book just days before, i smiled and said I dont believe in you etc etc, acting tough and cool ,i thought ,ill just catch this next wave and theyll be gone , i caught a short left , pulled in ,it didnt wall up , so i pulled over it , paddling back out i duck dived the wave after it , came up and they were still there! A little closer this time , A plane was heading towards them as well , it looked civilian , i was a little scared now ,looking around ,im like ,wheres my neighbour he shouldve been here by now .. theyre still there , !! I caught another wave , and alas they were gone .phew, my neighbour came paddling out , he said his wave took him on to the shorebreak , he was stoked about his wave , I ask him ,did you see anything , ? he looked around str8 away ...panicked ,,Shark U see Shark !! No mate ! All good , good wave then eh,, he said yes , Part 4 , He seemed a little scared too but he said ,I go in Now , we wait 4 you ?Yeah wont be long , I wonded WHat the HEll just happened ,where that plane go,No trace ..so i waited for the next set ..Part 4 ... Im a local and know everyone at that break, 10 mins Sun left ,everyone goes in cause its Shark feeding time , just needed that one wave , and on the beach i notice a young lady suiting up with her boogie board about to paddle out , never seen her before , and she rides a boogie , she keen, it nearly dusk in 10 mins , not worth the paddle, she comes out and sits about 5-6 metres away smiling and catching waves (2 or 3 ) , that smile ,and her eyes ,blue eyes , blonde hair,but that smile,she kept smiling , it felt weird , and shes getting waves and im paddling gettin nothing , i came in on crap closeout and so did she , then i never saw her again,Part 5 , Im rinsing off in the shower and out of no where , some dude walking down the street starts yelling Jesus loves you, I ignored him as you do,then behind he says Hey! Hey ! I turn around ,hes about 6 metres away sying Hey !Jesus loves you bro !Woooooo!!!Yeah!! i jumped in the neighbours car and went home and later on that night ,told my girlfriend , We aint together anymore , 8 yrs later we broke up , I told afew of my friends , and they know me , they know i dont bull# , i told my Manager at the time ,he said it was interesting ,we had dialogue.And yes ,theres even more Ufo storys..sigh..thank u

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Cool thanks for sharing Stacey
orbs seem to be quite common sightings, there are lot's of videos up on YouTube with them on, what they are is anyone’s guess?, I've seen an orb/light over Glastonbury Festival one time (& no I wasn't on drugs and it wasn't a Chinese lantern either) and another time saw two boomerang type crafts flying over Oxfordshire (UK) and like I said in the above post ^^ this morning saw a very strange bright light with helicopters surrounding it in a circle, I have a belief we're either seeing man made UFO's or the real thing, it's very hard to tell the real encounters as apposed to natural phenomena from stories, but I don't buy into the 'swamp gas' explanation some authorities spew out…

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Can never tell which are which , but i have read the white light ufos have a CIA connection , Apparently they act as a worldwide UFO police force, , they can even combine Ufos to make a bigger light ,and increases magnetic speed , i only found this out recently on Stan deyo first interview in America (since he left) in the seventys . They combine somehow?
Oh yeah,something about 10 mins inside one these ufos is 1 min outside ,meaning they see us in slow motion, the cia (ufo) pilots age 10 times faster!!.
STan Deyo-Reverse Engineering ..

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Wow stacey i dont even really know what to say. Its all kind of crazy! like seeing a ghost and no one believing you. But, i think your the only person who has told i story that is believable.

Why does the CIA have the "UFO" type aircrafts? Does anyone know?

Thanks for sharing Stacey!

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Majestic RNA

Im a bit further down the M40 from you - right by RAF Northolt - but we get the transists up to Benson here - mostly Merlins. However the other night - just after dusk we had 3 Apachees come in fuel and head north.

Oh and I have a connection to Benson too! my friend's husband is stationed there at the moment.

I too am a bit of an amateur astonomer - and have spend quite a few evenings out recently with my binos and a telescope. I put this down to downloading stellarium and playing with it. I used to use a planishere but this software makes life so much easier and fun!

[edit on 13-12-2009 by Silk]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Silk

Hiya Silk, so are you near the Ruislip area?? If you get a chance it maybe worth asking your friends husband (for my sanity) if he knows what the REALLY bright light was I saw hanging over RAF Benson at about 5:30-5:40 in the morning of 13-12-09 (I was on my way to work) because I don’t have the foggiest what it was, I’ve seen helicopters on exercises now for years and years, I lived in a small place called Crowmarsh (About half a mile from the base) for many years then moved just down the road to where I currently live, and I’ve never seen what I saw this morning in my life, (a very bright light surrounded in a circular formation by helicopters) I’m nearly 40 and have spent time in and around the area for 20 years or so and it’s the first time I’ve seen a blinding light just hanging there over the base, I know a helicopter search light and the navigation lights they use and I can say this was nothing like that, there may well be a reasonable explanation for what I saw but I’d like to know all the same because it freaked me out, I’m a bit gutted as my mobile is buggered at the mo, it won’t take pic’s or record video otherwise I’d have tried to record it, I’d be well grateful if you could give me some closure on this if it’s at all possible.

Heh, Stellarium is a great program, I have it too, I use a Mead ETX 105pe telescope and most of the night’s sights are in the computer guide, I usually just fire up the scope and ask it to show me the nights delights, I do love the night sky, it’s made all that more easy with a computer guided scope, I’ve recently just hooked up my laptop to the scope via a webcam and I’m able to take footage and pictures with it, but hey I digress,

Sorry to the OP for the small hijack, I will stay on topic from now on….

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Majestic RNA

To avoid the hijack I've sent you a U2U

Well met to find a local on here !

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join