It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why truth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
This thread was inspired by The Indigo Girls

I wonder if they might not be the original Indigos?
Sounds funny I know. But who was using that term when they started their duo?
They represent the qualities that people all describe as traits of an indigo.

the song Galileo was a huge leap in song lyric context. These ladies from the Southeast of the United States were suddenly writing songs about reincarnation. It was revoluntionary , to say the least, in the minds of many.

The song lyric that grabbed my attention was from the song Galileo. It is the following:

Galileo’s head was on the block.
The crime was looking up the truth
And as the bombshells of my daily fears explode
I try to trace them to my youth.

So I wonder at what cost is the pursuit of truth?

I do not know for sure what the cost is for me.
Though I feel like there are not enough words to put this exactly how I want it to be.
The pursuit of truth is as important to me as song/music creation.
I love making something beautiful out of nothing.
I love art.

What is the reason all of us are on the ATS?
Is it the pursuit of truth?
Might we all somehow feel the weight of our desire to know what is going on?
Do we not all come here looking for truth?
Metaphorically speaking, TPTB want us to think that we all have our heads on the block; the crime? Looking up the truth

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

truth cannot be pursued, knowledge can.
truth has to be explored, without understanding the truth you can only assume.

[edit on 12-12-2009 by notsympl]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by notsympl

truth cannot be pursued, knowledge can.
truth has to be explored, without understanding the truth you can only assume.

[edit on 12-12-2009 by notsympl]

that is in sync with the way I feel right now.
so I know it's good advice
thanks

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   

I suppose I can only speak for myself, but I believe that the basic value, or action, that we are trying to forward is the idea of living with the truth. In that sense, it is not so much some ultimate truth we are after, or the desire to learn about things that are essentially mysterious, but simply putting a value on honesty and openness in communication. What most of us have problems with our governments about is the perception, often well-documented, that they often lie to us.

The site sort of constantly boils with this theme. Who is lying? Who is telling the truth? On subjects where the truth is not plain to see, this is a real problem for us. The general public will often accept what they are told by "authorities." So if "authorities" take on the habit of lying to the public as the standard operation, how can a society that is set up to run right only if its citizens are well-informed survive?

Sometimes all we can do at this site is discuss this problem. But I think it all helps and what it helps is our chances of survival.

I personally believe that there is a lot more to this dynamic than certain officials lying to us to protect their reputations or self-interest or to cover up something. Because while all our attention is on public officials who are expected to say something by the press and general social pressures and the fact that they want to win the next election, there are plenty of others who also lie to us who are doing it without being prodded by the press, and are doing it for, I believe, vastly more evil purposes than most of our elected officials and government administrators are even capable of.

It's not just the shiny beacon of Total Knowledge that we are after. We just know that we will survive better if we are more honest with each other.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by l_e_cox

I suppose I can only speak for myself, but I believe that the basic value, or action, that we are trying to forward is the idea of living with the truth. In that sense, it is not so much some ultimate truth we are after, or the desire to learn about things that are essentially mysterious, but simply putting a value on honesty and openness in communication. What most of us have problems with our governments about is the perception, often well-documented, that they often lie to us.

The site sort of constantly boils with this theme. Who is lying? Who is telling the truth? On subjects where the truth is not plain to see, this is a real problem for us. The general public will often accept what they are told by "authorities." So if "authorities" take on the habit of lying to the public as the standard operation, how can a society that is set up to run right only if its citizens are well-informed survive?

Sometimes all we can do at this site is discuss this problem. But I think it all helps and what it helps is our chances of survival.

I personally believe that there is a lot more to this dynamic than certain officials lying to us to protect their reputations or self-interest or to cover up something. Because while all our attention is on public officials who are expected to say something by the press and general social pressures and the fact that they want to win the next election, there are plenty of others who also lie to us who are doing it without being prodded by the press, and are doing it for, I believe, vastly more evil purposes than most of our elected officials and government administrators are even capable of.

It's not just the shiny beacon of Total Knowledge that we are after. We just know that we will survive better if we are more honest with each other.

I understand. That's a cool way of putting it.
Thank you. That is a message that resonates .

top topics

join