It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impeachment yes or no and why?(why not..)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I, like many, am very tired of what this administration is doing and i fear that this is just the beginning of things to come. It has only been about a year and we are worse than we started. I will provide no links in this because this is subjective I guess; opinionated. If you decide to bring proof why or why not, that is fine.

Not many are shouting impeachment yet from what I have been reading online and watching within what we call "news" so I decided to create this post. For everyone who thinks we need a "change" now, then this would be a good resolution (even though we all almost agree that the president is a puppet). If you believe this to be a race issue you are wrong (though if I hadn't mentioned it that probably would not be brought up at all.. but i am covering my ground).

Personally I think we should petition for impeachment, especially if things get worse. Though I do realize the next person that would jump aboard as our leader may not do much for us either, but at least he/she may not spend as much or lie to us as much as our current president. He is only a man in charge of our future. We elected him, we should be able to remove him without any consequences.

This world is nothing like I saw it when I was in highschool, still young and naive but I did understand things around me. Now I have gotten myself worked up weekly because I read the news and begin to understand what this world is becoming. This world doesn't have a bright future at this moment. It is partially to blame for the administration along with the president of the USA. The other blame goes onto us for our decisions and how much we really value our lives and others. We elect others to do things for us when, in all reality, we should do more for ourselves and those around us before we expect others to do it. Though my statements are only words but words inspire. I will not say I do much of anything for the community around me but I try my best for my family. (parents)

Start locally and break out globally might be the best idea instead of pushing on more international aspects and war. I am and am not for war but that is almost a different issue... almost.

All in all, I believe Obama should be impeached. The administration that follows him should be banished and then we might have a small .. very small chance to go the right direction. I do not recall within these past few presidencies (still a bit young and naive)... that many presidents truly had the people's best interest in mind. We need to build up from within and right now, we are crumbling and we keep digging our grave more and more the longer we let this administration devalue the american people and for what we stand for.. even though that feeling may be long gone for some. I do not feel patriotic about this country but as I age I begin to understand. I am still not gun-hoe on everything we stand for but it is better, much better.. what we had.. than what we are facing now and what we will be forced to experience.

What say you? heh. I want to know if you think there is still a chance yet for this administration. If not, do you believe we should impeach him now and try our best to elect those who 80% will do what is needed? I do not expect any major politician to be a great future leader, seeing how corruption has spread so vast and deep into our founding roots.

So, I am not trying to cause much of a fuss as in finger pointing or name calling so please, try to come at this from what you feel, but without vengeance because we are citizens of equality and respect. Globalization is not the worst aspect if it for the better.. I would say the greater good but then again i think of "hott fuzz" heh.

Cheers!

*edit.. star and flag.. or just flag, if you feel this is a worthy debate for everyone*

[edit on 12-12-2009 by Choiseul]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
On what exact charges?

I couldn't seem to find an exact charge in your post.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
** side note, I wrote this also because of the pent-up frustration that we face daily and felt this to be an amusing and tactful way to express what we feel is right in this .. well I would say world but nothing is right, its all relative.. but still yet, if you are frustrated, please by all means, go for it! I will not deny anyone of their opinion, so say that he is the one true god of men and .. well that might be pushing it but I will do my best at keeping it friendly and debatable.. heated debates elsewhere please*

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seiko
On what exact charges?

Ah .. see I am still naive. I would think if a president is not doing a good job that you would have the ability to impeach him... not just because he did something obviously illegal.... If that is the main case for impeachment then that was my misunderstanding and I apologize.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Um, I don't think that 2/3 of the Senate will vote for this.
I'm also quite sure that you really couldn't find such a charge as to bring it up for vote in the Senate.

If you are frustrated with a current political system that is all well and fine to vent but,
"impreaching" the Commander in Chief of the free world because you don't like him as a person or as a leader is hardly grounds for removal from office....
except maybe in some Banana Republic somewhere...

Are we not better than that?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_awoke

You are correct, that I am venting a bit but a lot of people are rather frustrated with where we are .ing. I know this may not be legal grounds for impeachment but why not? This is all speculation and opinionated anyhow so take it as you wish. Sure we have no legal ground for impeaching him for now, he is good at having others do the dirty work (Acorn if you wish). I am just saying if there was a way to impeach him outside of my misunderstood standards for impeaching a president, and its not just because I do or do not like the guy ( he is great with speeches but hogs a bit o the camera, and at first I enjoyed his thoughts with foreign policies) so it is not a matter of liking him as a person, but what he and his administration are/might (be) doing. I stated that this is opinionated and I now understand that I am not completely factual with the grounds of impeachment but i also said that this is more of an opinion based topic rather than factual. So please bear with me, I learn day to day as we all do!

Also I want to agree in the current standings 2/3rds vote won't happen. Given the 2010 congressional vote ( i believe) it won't be as much of an issue. If I am completely off target with the 2010 vote then I really do apologize for that part...

[edit on 11-12-2009 by Choiseul]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

For everyone who thinks we need a "change" now, then this would be a good resolution (even though we all almost agree that the president is a puppet).

If the president is a puppet, then what is the point in impeaching him?

Personally I think we should petition for impeachment, especially if things get worse. Though I do realize the next person that would jump aboard as our leader may not do much for us either, but at least he/she may not spend as much or lie to us as much as our current president.

Let's impeach Obama and hope that the next person they put in place is better. Though, according to you, they will probably be just as bad.

The other blame goes onto us for our decisions and how much we really value our lives and others. We elect others to do things for us when, in all reality, we should do more for ourselves and those around us before we expect others to do it.

So are we supposed to impeach ourselves as well?

All in all, I believe Obama should be impeached. The administration that follows him should be banished and then we might have a small .. very small chance to go the right direction.

I think you need a better game plan before you go running into action. You are all over the place with this one.

A lot of people are fed up with this society, but we cannot be trigger happy. There is one true universal in this world and that is power. There is always going to be some entity in power, and then another fringe group waiting on the sidelines to replace them.

Just read Foucault and you will understand.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

Violating the constitution. He is not serving in America's best interest and is not defending her like he should. Neither is the Congress, or Justice department, or Supreme Court, etc. They should all be evicted.

But just him proposing to spend trillion of more dollars on top of the trillions the government has already spent and propose it to "create jobs" and "save the nation" is absolute lunacy.

The problem is that the whole nation is governed by this lunacy so a common sense case such as that would never be heard. We are living in Bizzaro World.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Choiseul

Nope. Why?Cuz so far the boy genius hasn't really stepped on his peepe according to the U.S. Constitution. Just saying.................do I agree with this butt. on most things? Nope. Did I agree with the last butt. on most things? Nope. Where does that leave me? Just a guy who doesn't like asshats in general.

Gimme something solid. But that's the problem we are all faced with. A complete disregard of the Constitution. Freaky lawyer talk. And a congress that will only put on a show to placate the citizens.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by yadda333

Heh.. thats funny. Even in writings throughout my school years a few years ago I was also told I am too general or all over the place... bad habit I guess, can't stay focused enough.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But ok, so... I might be frustrated like the next guy but my point is to talk about why or why not... not whether or not I wrote anything factual or probable... I am just curious of why or why not he should or should not be removed and how you all feel about what he is doing. Not whether or not I can base what I think on anything that is going on in the media. This is meant for a form of debate if that is allowed here on ATS... without the contest heh.
I am just thinking aloud a bit too... and I apologize if this isn't more factual based and possibly bias.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Thank you! heh. First one not knocking me down for non-factual based opinions... gah....

reply to post by kyred

Thank you for your "opinion". I have nothing solid and I stated that in my main post and have been written off for it a bit. This is just more of how we feel as a nation and what is going on, what could happen, and all that tid-bit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This isn't Factual based my fellow ATS'ers ... this is opinion related material, So rather than ask me for links or facts to follow up what i "think"... hhh...

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I don't think he should be impeach...

He is doing a few good things ..

He is also doing a couple of VERY BAD things ( THE WARS!!)

But overall i think he is doing a decent job .. he is pretty slow to deliver .. but i see a lot of good things in the future..

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

You know Washington has been corrupt for as long as it has been in business. There are countless things and processes that might be improved upon and the White House is not exempt. But I wonder why there were so few adamant complaints about our government and the banking system until this Presidency. It seems clear to me now there is a black man in the White House everyone thinks it is their civil right to attack him. All of a sudden it is a good time to begin a thorough Whitehouse cleaning. We have people looking under the carpets hoping to find some dirt. Good luck with that. Where were all these "patriots" when George W was in office?
Maybe we should prosecute George W Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld for getting us into a war on false pretenses? This is why we are broke now.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Polynomial C

Thank you for what you believe. That is all I am really asking in this post. I won't bug you much further but if you can delve into it a bit, and I would like to agree with you because I am not usually the hating sort...

How do you think he will make things better? Just curious, if you can't/don't want to jump into that, then that is ok.. you answered as much as I did ask!

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Fair enough.

I just don't see how we can impeach Obama when we sat around and let the Bush administration lie their .s off.

Getting rid of Obama, or any past president for that matter, would not solve our problems. Someday there is going to be a new paradigm and it will be perfect.........for a little while that is. So far, civilization has consisted of an endless cycle of paradigm shifts, and right now I see no end in sight.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Health Care reform, Immigration reform (amnesty, etc..) , and i think his Green jobs plan (if that ever happens) will create a decent amount of jobs (it will not magically fix the economy but it will help a lot..)

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

I noted before that this isn't about race in my opinion. If you believe it is so then that is yours and yours.. well.. maybe not alone heh. We are too touchy now-a-days but I do agree on most stand-points about being equal and about how things are prejudice ... I will leave it at that because I could talk more about it... but this isn't the post for it.

I think the corruption came to light a bit in the last presidency and in near-bloom in this one. I do not exactly think it is about race... at first.. sure you could have said that. To admit, at first I wanted him to do what he was talking about; because it sounded like he valued the american people and wanted to expand our relations (nwo bit or whatnot if you would like to take it the bad way heh). I was glad that the world almost wanted him... I for one love other cultures and languages; so I wanted a better change in our image.. but the image we have now.. I'm not so fond of.

The corruption you speak of is long behind the scenes in our history I suspect. It shined to light with him because of how people feel I think.. not so much of about him and his skin color (which may have been a catalyst if you will) but.. I don't know. The internet has been a great source of information and now we are uniting online more than ever. Soon they will try to take that away. This administration is worse than ever.. mostly because of the lies and the "bad" they are doing and it is coming to light vs. hiding in the shadows... I will digress a bit further after a few more retorts... I fear I will have to defend my opinion based topic rather than factual based rhetoric.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Choiseul

Originally posted by Seiko
On what exact charges?

Ah .. see I am still naive. I would think if a president is not doing a good job that you would have the ability to impeach him... not just because he did something obviously illegal.... If that is the main case for impeachment then that was my misunderstanding and I apologize.

Generally impeachment comes after doing something illegal. Now I would be naive to think that there is ANY president who has not broken at least one law while in office.

I don't mean to bring Bush up but think of all the people who were calling for his impeachment. Saying he illegally went into a war etc... ( I will not go into that though because that is not my point)

Generally you have to be charged with some heavy stuff before impeachment comes.... Of course Bill Clinton had to go through impeachment hearings for sleeping with an intern... But that is another story...

Anyway, to my immediate knowledge ( I am not going to look right now) he has not broken any laws that would constitute impeachment... Unless the birthers want to claim he is not a US citizen and therefore qualifies for impeachment... But truth be told, I have not seen them around as much lately... Which is fine with me.

Well, those are my immediate thoughts on the subject. Has he brought forth the change he promised so many? No. Has Obama done something worthy of impeachment? No... Not in my humble opinion.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Polynomial C

True, it will create more govt. jobs... which... I am a bit negative on, but I do one day need a real job. The amnesty is so-so. I love foreigners but I hate how we bend to the minorities a bit. I'm not saying I hate not having the upper hand by being born a white male, but the fact that now in this day the white male, if we do wrong.. we are worse than ever (i think.. opinion based)

Green jobs... Are nice, but in the end what he is doing about the whole global warming/carbon footprint is ... a fairytale to be nice. I want to be nice because I want others to be as so... heh. Not in the mood to get angry about nothing I can change... that is why I started this... for opinions.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I agree... sadly I just found out after my post that impeachment only comes if laws are truly violated (and yes I do agree that every bloody president has bended if not broken the law and got away with it in some form heh.. I mean, its a perk to the job right?)

But what if we could impeach a president for not doing a good job? I think I should have made that more of the topic than trying to sound opinionated vs. factual... I keep stating this because I have no facts truthfully. I just am debating the "what if's" so-to-speak.

So lets say we could impeach because the president wasn't doing a good job... maybe, if that could be made a law one day... maybe that could be for the better good?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join