It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the oldest dream you can remember?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
My oldest dream is also the way that I remember the first house I lived in perfectly despite the fact that we moved when I was three. It was Thomas the Tank Engine chasing me all through the house, and when I finally got to my room he turned into a demon and ate me. I have no idea what the significance was, but I'm still scared of that thing and I'm seventeen now

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I was 3 years old, and I was dreaming that I was batman.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
There are two dreams I can remember having around the age of 4. They're my earliest dream memories. Can't remember which one came first but they were in close proximity:

1). Scary:

I was inside a bright, luminous cave when several monsters started to creep out of the walls and come for me. As in, they literally came out of the stone- not hiding behind it. It's as if they emerged from the stones themselves. I saw the cave opening and tried to make a run for it but it caved in before I was even close to getting to it. So I ended up being trapped with the creatures in the cave.

2). Cool:

I was in some sort of magical land like you would see in fairy tales. It was absolutely beautiful with rolling hills, ivory towers, and gorgeous species of animals I had never seen before. They were teaching me to fly and as my final test, I had to jump off a cliff and fly. Then we all went flying around together around the water falls and through the magical city/countryside.

3). Funny:

Not my FIRST dream but an early one I remember. I was in a candy store and could taste all the candy in my sleep. I began to feel myself waking up so I started grabbing as much candy as I could. Then I woke up with fists clenched tight and no candy. lol

Ah, the dreams of a child.
Nothing of significance I would imagine. Just some things the brain of a 4-5 year old would dream up. lol

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Oo, I'm always thinking of things like this - my early dreams and memories; -

The first dream I remember having was when I was about 5 years old or so....I remember being in a huge building - I dont remember anything else about because the next thing I knew I was outside with 2 other children. These kids looked human but I knew that they were actually from another planet.

We had to run away from the building and I was trying to help them get away from the adults there. We had to run along a big empty road and then hide behind a few rows of bushes because the people from the building were looking for the other kids and wanted to take them back to the building for tests. I knew that I had to get these kids away from that place or they'd never be allowed to go back home. I don't remember what happened after that though.

This dream left me with a vague sense of dread when I woke up and I remember being really concerned because it was my job to help these alien kids escape and they didn't stand a chance unless I helped them.

At the time (when I was 5) I wasn't really into anything Sci-Fi or alien like......and didn't think about this dream until I was about 19 or so when I had the exact same dream again.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
The oldest dreams I can remember started when I was less than 2 years old. They centered around me (I was an adult in my dreams but I had no idea what I really looked like as an adult) driving in a 1963 model greed dodge sedan.

It was a car chase dream, I was being chased (I don’t know why) and I had a .45 caliber automatic pistol tucked between the driver’s seat and the driver’s door I would occasionally grip and finger throughout the chase. The chase occurred throughout a low rise downtown section of some city (not sure which one) until I reached a freeway on ramp which I attempted to get on.

The onramp was backed up by traffic though and within seconds of idling as I reached for my gun with my right hand and the door handle with my left hand bullet holes started appearing in the front windshield. I watched them blossom one by one until they numbered five and then the dream would always end.

It was a reoccurring dream I had many times between the ages of 2 to 6.

The dream’s setting was in 1963, and I was born in 1964. Even at a very early age, I viewed that dream as my most previous past life and believed I had been killed and reincarnated almost instantly afterwards.

Now you know!

There is some circumstantial evidence that suggests that could be the case. As an infant and toddler I can recall many moments where I detested being so small and incapable of doing so many things. I was very jealous of adults and older children around me as a result of that during my infant and toddler years.

The second thing that is not unheard of or odd, is I never spoke a word until I was almost three, no mamma, or daddy, or baby talk. When I finally started speaking it was in entire sentences with multiple syllable words.

Finally I was never really a child in that traditional way, when other kids where playing on the playground I was standing under the pavilions talking politics and world events with the elderly. I started that behavior at 6 and in time my behavior became so frustrating to other kids in the neighborhood when ever they would see me walking about they would just point at me and laugh and say “There goes that little man”.

One thing is for certain, youth is wasted on the young!

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I''ve told a few people that I know in real life about the earliest dream that I can remember and they never believe that it actually happened, that I'm making it up, or that I dreamt it at a later age which I know 100% is not true. I would have had to have been under 2 years old at the time, which I know from where we lived back then when the dream took place and also from the fact that at that time, I was still sleeping in a cot, or a crib as some of you may call it.

The dream itself is very easy to explain as there wasn't a lot to it. I had a dream that I woke up in my cot, only to find that my entire room and also my bed were covered with dead birds. That's it.

I have been able to remember the dream very vividly right throughout my life and because of that I have a very clear memory of what that room looked like. I'vbe always wondered what it means, and why on earth a toddler of that age would have such a dream to begin with.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
The earliest dream I can remember was recurrent while I was between 9mos & 2 1/2.
I used to always dream I was being buried in a huge pile of sticks/brush. I'd wake up completely terrorfied and really think that someone had completely filled my room with sticks/debris. I don't ever recall being so scared in my life.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Good topic:

My two oldest dreams are actually nightmares (as i was plagued with them from a very young age after developing an infection)..

1st nightmare: Wandering around a huge castle in the dark, was horrible as i kept hearing ghastly noises in the rooms... as i walked down a corridor i saw a woman with her back to me and she was stood facing a wall unmoving. As soon as i got close to her she span around and i realised she no eyes.

I had this dream a few times...

Also the other nightmare... i was in a vividly strange world and the only thing i can remember about it, was a few segments... One was a huge 'balloon pipe' on the wall that kept releasing strange balloons that choked people (literally deflated in their throats) and the other thing i remember was a strange bridge crossing across this darkness... On the bridge were all these really skinny people and they kept getting devoured by a huge ball. Over and over again...

I have absolutely no idea what they meant or how they have affected me...

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
The oldest dream i can remember?

I was on a crib, i was small enough i was not able to see above the bars, because i remember at first i was grabbing from the side and i remember seeing through the bars, i remember perfectly the furniture in the room as well, the tv set, bed, windows, portraits on the walls etc,

So i was just there, my memory is not that clear on this, but when this happened, i was laying on my back, and as i turned left to look out the window, a very thin, long, dark (burned?) hand, with very long and thin fingers, tried to grab me, it went all the way up until it almost reached me, but nothing else but the hand seemed to show up, as i can only remember that, i started to kick and scream, crying, and the hand moved away very fast and then my mom came into the room.

That's my oldest dream, i still remember it as if it happened yesterday, i have talked about this dream since i first was able to talk, nobody believed me until i explained how the room looked like, we moved from that house when i was about 1/2 years old, OK so it probably wasn't a dream, but who could say?

My second oldest dream, was when i was probably something like 4 or so, i was in the garden with my older brother, playing on the side of the house, when we heard a noise and we looked around and then i remember i could not hear anything, i was just completely paralyzed looking at some weird, worm like creature which was floating above the ground, it looked very small, it was staring at us, it was dark green, like a worm, had eyes, but can't remember mouth or anything else, it was hovering, but was laying on something like a chair, a metallic one, at some point in the future i started to wonder, if it was something like a baby? who knows, there was some noise in the background, i could not get anything, i felt dizzy and can't remember a lot more than that, i felt my bones hurting, like if crushing inside me, i could feel a lot of pain in my body, i tried to run inside my house and to look away, but could not move, tears started to roll, i made a great effort and started to move very slowly towards the door, finally i was able to move and i remember my brother running and opening the door, we run inside and tried to hide, i can still feel cold when i remember that, again, i guess just a dream, my brother doesn't seem to remember it so i go for dream

Or not ???

After that, i never had any weird dreams until a was like 9 or so, but nothing like that again.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by Kaifan]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by hautmess

In the oldest dream that I can remember the world blew up in a huge fireball, I saved myself and my family from it by grabbing two taxi doors that were flying by, and used those a shield from the fire. I was seven at the time, and it was a weird dream for a seven year old.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I think about that 1st dream a lot!
Or at least I think it was my 1st?

I was just walking, and barely talking, because I could not formulate the story at the time, and the very vivid memory stuck with me always.

It was a rather simple dream, me and my mom were at the public zoo.
There was mass panic and ppl and animals were all going bonkers.
No real reson for the panic, besides the animals were all loose and were very aggressive/rabid like, for lack of comparison, they were like the mutants from the movie "I am Legend"
I/we ended up under a concrete picnic table, trying to stay out of reach of a girraffe...of all animals? a girraffe, but it was like a rabid hungry dog snipping/snapping its mouth and hoofs beating/kicking as it was trying to get us from under the table.
Then I woke up.....never had any phobias from this, or issues, other than it being burnt into my memory, and realizing that ...at that age...I could not explain what happened, if I was 2 full years old, that would be the oldest I could/would have been for this dream. I believe I was just over one.

It is funny that I have no other memories from that early in my life, but that dream has always been there.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I had two reoccuring dreams that I remember, and I must have been around 3 years old as we moved about then.

The first one was fun - I'd always be at the top of our stairway looking down, and then I'd jump. Instead of falling I "floated". I didn't float down - just floated around, and could control it - go in the living room, out the front door, etc. It seemed so real that one day I actually tried it. I didn't float, unfortunately.

The second one was always my scariest - I'd be sitting on a white stool in the middle of a completely white room. Suddenly the walls and ceiling would start to move in. They'd keep moving in until I had to get off the stool, and then the stool would smash as they kept coming in.

My mom always said that I would have that dream because of all the stuffed animals I would sleep with - she said I was getting claustrophobic. LOL!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join