It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the oldest dream you can remember?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I was wondering what the oldest dream you can visualize or remember from your youth? and do you think its significance is? what does it mean? and do you think it could have any connection to a past life?

[edit on 11-12-2009 by hautmess]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Best question I have heard in a while. The first dream i remember....

in this dream, I was at my house, and I had this terrible since of foreboding coming from the sky. It was really scary, and basically it was a nightmare. It is one of those dreams of the unforgettable category. I was 4 years old at the time.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
My oldest dream I can remember is being in a space ship and with my best alien friend. i felt like i knew my alien friend forever, we've just always been friends always... and my alien friend was showing me around a very bright room. a room without windows but it was like sunlight was shining on every part of the walls and room. it was just so bright, and we were playing with toys and he took me around the room which was like a museum and on the walls were artifacts, things that i was kinda choosing and deciding if i liked them or not, a lot had to do with techonology, things like video games and remote controls and other electronic devices that all made me really happy. and then my friend had to go and when he left i knew i wouldnt see him for a very very long time so i was sad, and i woke up.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by hautmess]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Neat post

I was quite young and being quite young it was odd that I was dressed up in a fedora and a trenchcoat - typical gumshoe detective from way back. Anyway I was walking down a dark ally and past a steel trashcan. A green blob jumped out of the trashcan and grabbed me. I woke up screaming - you asked

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Age 10. I'm in my room when a malevolent dark cloud starts entering through the side window. I start running down the hallway and trip on the tv antenna wires that ran from our utility closet to the living room. I turn on my back and the cloud is fully in my room and starting to seep into the hallway. My curtains were pink floral and the hallway carpet dark brown shag. Lots of details still available on that one. Within the year my parents had a nasty divorce that threw the entire family into turmoil.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The oldest dreams I remember were also traumatic.

I remember two from around the same time, I was young but can't say how young.

In one, I was running from wolves at night in a cold open field, and I found a small one-room shack, like a shed with a door. I opened the door and hid inside, only to realize the shed was also full of wolves, hiding there waiting for me. Then I woke up.

In the other dream, I was also running, through the streets of a small town trying to escape something, and I ran down a flight of stairs into a basement. As I was running down the stairs, I looked to my right into the basement, and saw a monster with a huge head that was like a 2nd body attached to its neck, dangling another person over its mouth about to drop them in. It stopped just before dropping the person into its mouth to turn and both of them stared at me. Then I woke up.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Man, that's a good one. I'll have to think about it awhile-

I would like to say this though. When I was a kid I didn't dream very much at all. In fact, I would really enjoy the mornings where I would wake up totally refreshed and it seemed like I just blinked my eyes.

I feel comfortable saying I dream more than most now. I can fall off for 10 min. and have a dream. Have to say I miss the old days and will try to remember the 1st (think I have it).

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Good question and I was just dwelling on the dream I had to, I remember my dream was of somewhere in a distance place ( which I now know to be Japan ) and their was snow covered upon the building. I don't remember much about the dream, but even to this day that still lingers in my mind. I think I was around 6~7? Maybe a little bit younger when I had the dream, now I'm 20 going on 21 soon. The interesting thing about the dream though is that I will hopefully be going to Japan next fall so it kind of made me re-think about that past dream and if it had any significance to what is about to happen to me. Like right now I'm learning Japanese.

P.S. This is what the castle looked like:
www.japantravelinfo.com...
Sorry it doesn't have the snow on it

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Roughly 5 years old I remember a reoccurring dream...like I was being drawn along a spiral circular thing like a black hole swirling. I was sqeezed through the eye of this spiral through the opposite side. I still remember the feeling like a tugging stretching. During the dream I understood the notion of infinity in all it's vastness. Still I have no idea what it signifies if anything at all.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
The 1st one I can remember right now is coming home from school, walking through a field down the road from where I lived in the dead of winter and freezing my *** off. -We really did walk a mile+ to grade school rain or shine or whatever lol.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by hautmess

Well, okay. The oldest dream I remember is when I was very sick at the age of three. In the dream I was being chased through a long, dark tunnel. Around every curve was light. Great, wonderful and pure light. Safety. Behind me was something dark and evil. It wanted to hurt me. In my mind I was a fullgrown human, even though I had no idea what that seemed like. I just kept plodding along and liquid in the tunnel kept me moving slow. All the while this evil, dark shadow was overcoming me at each plodding step I took. I was scared crapless! And I awoke, Thank goodness! This thing didn't overtake me.

The thing about this dream was it was soooooooooooooooo real. It meant something very important to me. And when I thought about it all the next day, I realized it was a memory of an actual event in my life.

My mom didn't want me, that was obvious to me, even from a younger age. Evil? Yeah, she was and is, although now she is in such a state that she just believes everyone loves her and will take care of her, unlike she has ever done for anyone else.

What was my dream? Getting the hell out of my mother's womb and into the world, where I would eventually be able to escape the clutches of a mother who neither wanted any of her kids, but wanted them to adore her after they were born.

Sorry, Mom. I call it as I see it. I've got three sisters. One says, Mom is the Devil on Earth that God unleashed upon Job. heh. Maybe she is correct.
The other two sister admit she was a horrible person to ever have had children. But................oh, guilt, based upon one of the 10 commandments. Heh. But they hate her just the same.

Me, well.........indifference. If I go to hell for not honoring this vindictive and hateful woman, well, at least I will see her ther and be able to laugh at her as we both get tormented to death, without an actual death, just like she taught me. lol

That dream was the truth of my birth, that's all I can say. Believe it or not, that dream was my truth, at least.

That hell's angel has been pursuing my sisters and me since the 1950's. Thank goodness our dad escaped from it, damn, why didn't he take us with him? lol. One sister later on did. It took me a bit to do it. Sorry about my other two sisters' luck. But it's on them. The truth is there, they just don't want to see if out of fear.

Good post, OP. Thanks

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
the oldest dream I remember I was @ my grandparents house, this guy, I had no idea who, but he wore a mask came in and grabbed me and went flying... I don't remember where we went or anything though... I was prolly like 6-7 years old...

the thing that freaks me out, is YEARS later I was at a sports card store, and they had comic books, I was looking through them (never really looked at comic books as a kid, I was just killing time) I SAW HIM... IT WAS CAPTAIN AMERICA...

it just bothers me, that I didn't know who captain america was (never had seen him before other than that dream), yet I had a dream about going flying through the skys with him...

hmmmm....

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I was vewwy vewwy wittle hehehe, I am not sure of exactly what age I was but I must have dreamt that me and my sister were on a beach, just toddlers a bit. I was born in California and we lived near a beach - I didn't know that and I took this dream as a memory. My sister wasn't born yet so this makes it a dream for sure.

We were on a beach and my sister was in the water. There was some yelling and in the distance I saw a shark's fin. I told my parents of that and they laughed... I do understand that this was a dream and not a memory when I talked about it to them. I was pretty young.. age I don't remember but I don't remember much from back then (not very long ago if you think of a long long time... so I would say the age range of "being able to talk properly" to about 8 years of age heheheh

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
RAD thread, btw!

i think my oldest recurring dream that i remember vividly was one about a snake. a cobra snake, though it was a bit animated and dream-like (not cartoon-like) and it was always kind of up, but not on legs, just up like it was going to strike. it chased me and i was always JUST ahead of it. i would go up on top of the swing set at my babysitters house and it would talk and say,
"you can't get away, i can't get up there too!" and then i would run down and it was just a big chase. really scared me. but didn't make me scared of snakes, strangely.

ooh oh, one more!!

this one really haunts me. i was in elementary school, first grade. there was a girl that i would see around the playground, sort of following me, but not chasing me. she never spoke. she was very pale white with scars on her face, sort of like edward scissor hands but more realistic. and she had really dark hair. she looked sad. she scared me a little, but mostly because she never spoke and looked a little scary.
i had dreams about her all the time during that period.
i really wonder why a lot. i guess i should just let it go.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I had three recurring nightmares during that time that to this day I still cannot forget. At the end of each, I would wake up screaming and crying (many times with my nose bleeding). Back then, I had a bad habit of sleepwalking and would often wake up in another room. One time I even woke up outside on the porch in the dark. The door was locked, and I was too little to open it to let myself out which puzzled and frightened my family as to how I got there. I only remember doing that once though.

In the first dream, I remember being in a sort of black tube that would swell and squeeze me until I felt like I was smothering, and then I would wake up screaming.

In the second dream, I'd be in a golden cage in which the sides would start sliding in toward me. The sides would crush me to the point were I felt like I couldn't breathe, and then I would wake up screaming.

In the third dream, I'd be out on the beach along the ocean shore. For some reason I'd fall asleep on the sand, then a green Frankenstein would come along, pick me up, and carry me away. I remember hearing his footsteps as he walked. One time after immediately waking from the dream, I could still hear his footsteps and noticed that my heart was pounding in my ears in sync with them.

Oh yeah! I had many, many dreams of beings standing either beside or at the foot of the bed or looking at me through the window. Naturally, I woke up screaming and pointing in whatever direction I 'saw' them. Those dreams seemed SO REAL that I'd be disconcerted for a while afterward. It took me a long time to calm down from those.

As far as significance, I guess the first dream could have been a birth memory. The second could have been either a baby bed or playpen memory. I'm not sure what the monsters might signify. I was under a great deal of stress back then, so they may have represented my anxiety. Great thread!

[edit on 12-12-2009 by gazerstar]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Oldest dream. I was about three years old. I was sleeping on the bed when I heard a train noise through my pillow, and saw a hand under the bed. I looked under the bed and there were a whole lot of hands under it, then I saw poop on top of the bed. I turned on the lights and it was all still there! I thought it was real and was screaming for my mom to come in, and I awoke. No poop on the bed, no hands under the bed.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
My oldest dream? Oh gosh, I am the master of remembering dreams from way back, but which one came first? Probably the one where I could fly but if i was going through door ways I could only get about a foot off the ground. I was probably 6 or 7. There is one I know for sure that I was 8. I was riding a purple horse down the street about a block from where I lived.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
My oldest dream that I can remember vividly is me being about 3 or 4 years old...I was on my red tricycle and I was riding down the large steps outside of the courthouse.

Was I running from the law at that young of age?

IDK, but it seemed like I was in a big hurry to get away from that court house.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
The odlest dream i know of i have.. well i cannot say its a dream, as it seemed real and has stayed wtih me to this day mentally.. i was flaoting in blackness of space, hier wre so many stars, and a beutiful reddish nebulae of o my right, kinda like the rossetta nebula...i closed my eyes, and my mother was holding as i opened them. I consider it a dream a guess, but it seemd so real.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I can think of a few, but I do not know which is first. They all come from probably before I started grade school, though, or shortly thereafter. I've had all of these more than once, but none of them in probably 15-20 years.

-One, and I suspect this is the oldest, there was a secret passage in the floor of my living room, and it led to this huge room full of toys
It also looked suspiciously like my cousin's basement at the time, who have lots of money and had tons of kids toys, back when we were that age.

-Another one I am in an elevator, and the floor starts retracting, and I scramble to avoid falling into the ever growing hole. I grab the railings or whatever, but I'd always wake up before the floor was totally gone.

-Another one I am in my living room again, and I would do something like sneeze or cough or try to eat something, and all my teeth would fall out!

I suspect these dreams were related to my love of toys, my early fear of heights, and my dislike of dentists.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join