It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TIME: The Final Frontier: Your Idea's and Theory's

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Time travel is a fact! I am currently on a way from one event to another.

However, going back in time, or leap past future events, that's impossible.

Why? Because time is events. To objectively measure the time, we measure the event of earth orbitting the sun.

Maybe we can time travel in our imagination, but that's really it.

-v

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
actually for earth time we measure the osillations of the cesium atom. . . much more accurate than measuring our orbit or rotation

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Ya know, the more I think about time travel... the more I think about time. ... Just .... time.

and for every question I ask myself, ... I come up with 10 possible answers and like 50 other questions !!! it's driving me mad I tell you !!

Someone once said Time is Space, ... but I havent accepted that theory or any other, .... what is time ??

I still can't get my head around it, .. I mean its easy to accept or come up with a theory, ... but it's hard to put it into play and accept it as the real deal.

maybe what im stuck on, ... is not what time is, ... but WHY time is.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Time is a 3 dimensional sampling of the enviroment at the rate of 25 frames per second.

Time moving in a foward progression is nothing more than your consciousness moving through a evolving 3d dimensional hologram.

Time or the "fourth dimension" is nothing more than your consciousness not only having the degrees of freedom to move up down, left right, and front back but to also witness the evolution of the system.

From a human stand point Time is nothing more than physical change relative to conscious change. Its the evolution of the system as witnessed by you, and its different for everybody.

Or not

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by constantwonder

25 frames per seconds, .. that's rather specific .... I'm curious, is there something you came across which gives you that perspective ??

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
I've always been a fan of the simultaneity of time theories.

I think this is exactly how we explain ghosts. If every moment happens supposedly simultaneously then some of the effects might be eventual views into the past. Ergo, the ghost we see is in fact alive in their time however we view them from ours because in theory it is all happening at the same time.

That is of course if linear time is an illusion.

I've had this same thought for a while and in my head it makes the most sense.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

I like your theory, ... but the only problem is, most ghost's are aware of peoples presence, and in fact interfere with the enviroment and the people themselves, ....

so wouldn't we be able to interfere with other times as well ?? would not we be the ghosts of another time ??

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Time, ... is never time at all.

You can never ever leave, ... without leaving a peice of youth.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join