It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TIME: The Final Frontier: Your Idea's and Theory's

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Sometimes the best idea's come from the least " qualified " people.

If there's something everyone has, it's a time travel theory.

This thread is for each member to post 1) Their idea's and theory's of what time actually is, or most importantly.
2) Post a detailed Theory of how time travel might be accomplished, it doesn't neccesarily have to be a time machine, you can post theory's of how you can " view" different times, ... or manipulate time as it is. Provide as much detail as you can, but vague-ness will not be frowned upon.

You are not constrained by any outline here, any idea's or theory's about time/timetravel are welcome, .... if you do not believe time travel is possible, you can post why not.

If this post gets alot of feedback, after sometime I'm hoping to select the five, or ten top theory's based on star's and feedback .... and putting them up for poll to find which members like the most. Giving the winner the fame and admiration of ATS'ers around the world !!

thank you and good luck.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by IntastellaBurst]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
So many times in my life, I have tried so hard to try go back in time. It never succeeded. That is not to say it is not possible. The closest thing I have had to time travel would be when I am deep in meditation and memories from my past come to me very vividly.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Time expands (and contracts) into an infinite amount of Multiverses. Time travel is not possible, we would have seen the evidence by now.

It is merely a way for us to keep appointments!

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I would love to travel in time But.. Time is not real a dimension. We only think of it as a dimension for use in calculations for math.

The only way we measure time is by perception. Perception is subjective to the observer. All we really have is here and now. We have never gone back one split second in time nor traveled forward in time.

Outside of our perception of time, I don't think we understand the workings of time as a quantifiable science that can give rise to serious theory of time travel.

I hope someday I am proven wrong.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I believe time is like a hamster ball...we can not escape it or move "outside" of it...we can only roll with it...

As another poster said, we probably would have seen evidence by now...

Time is not real a dimension. We only think of it as a dimension for use in calculations for math.
Very true...

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Time is non exsistant. . . it's merely a way for the mind to bring some order to the general chaos.

Time (4th dimesnion) travel IMO should be treated more as dimensional travel.

Imaginthe universe a minute ago and imagine it now. . . now you have a one dimensional line from the past to the future. Einstein said all of space and time exsist simultaniously. This may be true it may not. But what would really be happening in time travel would be moving back along the dimensional road we follow through the 4th dimesnion.

The "verse" wether its multi or uni is in of itself both timeless and the keeper of time. The whole of the universe is timeless this region of space or hyperspace or sub-space or w/e you like to call it has no time it just is.

People say but the big bang was the beginning of time. Obviously (at least in my book) this is inpossible. For even if this particular incarnation of the universe is a certain age there was still a before and there will be an after.

Then again if this is all a big hologram and we're all just players in a big game then maybe it have began and will probably end. But even stil outside the holodeck
there would still be timeless hyperspace.

Time is merely nothing more than a vague human notion that allows us to navigate our lives with some bit of order. Since you can't nail down any specific moment in time one must assume that its either non-existant or its so fleeting that trying to pin it down is a waste of both time and mental effort.

Its my advice to not think about it to much. The questions time poses have literaly sent more than one promenant mind to the mad house. Think of it as a oneway roller coaster that blows anything at a theme park out of the water.

Ron Mallett has the only time travel theory I can even begin to believe in as it calls for space time to swirl. Just like Tiplers cylinder only using light to swirl time instead of an infinately long thin cylinder.

this is just a short clip of a docu on Mallett. I highly recommend watching the whole thing.

video edit

[edit on 11-12-2009 by constantwonder]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
This guy is genius. I highly recommend watching all 5 parts-

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by constantwonder

BIG problem with this or any Time machine that sends info back into the past is the paradox problem. That is why I do not believe the laws of physics will allow it to work.

If Aliens could do this, they could have had a time machine on for thousands of years.. always changing our history so their agenda would come about sooner. It would be too easy/tempting to so.

And the Government.. They wouldn't let this guys time machine work either.. it would be the biggest threat to the NWO ever.

What if people already turned on time machines, and got a message saying, Destroy this machine now or you will cause the end of the Earth.

So this guy Ron has a theory. It seems like a rather simple theory - thats another reason why it wont work.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

BIG problem with this or any Time machine that sends info back into the past is the paradox problem. That is why I do not believe the laws of physics will allow it to work.

If Aliens could do this, they could have had a time machine on for thousands of years.. always changing our history so their agenda would come about sooner. It would be too easy/tempting to so.

And the Government.. They wouldn't let this guys time machine work either.. it would be the biggest threat to the NWO ever.

What if people already turned on time machines, and got a message saying, Destroy this machine now or you will cause the end of the Earth.

So this guy Ron has a theory. It seems like a rather simple theory - thats another reason why it wont work.

It would not allow you to change your past. Like i said its dimensional travel not time travel.

You see its not a direct line through time back to your past its back to an alternative past. It has to assume that the multiverse is correct however. Lets say i went back in time to kill hitler (most cliche time travel destination i could think of) When i arrive in say 1935 im in a parallel of my 1935. All posibilities are played out in the multiverse so even if i kill hitler in the alternate time line I can't do anything to change the verse i came from because it already happened.

You would be arriving in an alternate universe where these events were currently unfolding. Its the Michio Kaku solution. . . Time is a river but not a straight one it has bends and curves and forks. . . and if time travel is possible it has vortexs like whirlpools that connect branches.

This is how every time travel theory avoids the grandfather paradox. You don't travel to your own past you travel to one thats very similar and events are still unfolding.

Just so you know it's far from a simple theory. It all started with Godel rotating universe model which tipler evolved into the cylinder theory which is mathematicaly valid. Mallett just change the cylinder from a tangible object into untangible photons.

When you can even say what any of the variables on malletts board stand for then you can call his work simple. Take it from me (i have studied physics at the college level) and Mallett Godel and Tipler all work(ed) on things that make my brain feel mushy. Godel and tipler however passed into the great mystery before they saw their ideas come to fruition. Mallett may not.

[edit on 12-12-2009 by constantwonder]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
How can you travel into the future if the future if it hasn't happened yet ? Assuming time is a real thing to begin with, that's when these notions of string theory and infinite...uh reality things come into play. Interesting, but doubtful!

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
"Around each planet, since its creation, is a kind of psychosphere or vibratory cocoon, which turns at a speed seven times that of light. This cocoon acts as a blotter, as it were, absorbing (and remembering)1 absolutely every event occurring on the planet. The contents of this cocoon are inaccessible to us on Earth - we have no way of ‘reading the story’.

It is well known that, in the USA, researchers and technicians are employed to develop a ‘time machine’ but, up to the present time, their efforts have been without success. The difficulty exists, according to Thao, in adapting to the vibrations of the cocoon, rather than to wavelengths. The human being, comprising an integral part of the universe can, because of his Astral body and if he is correctly trained, draw what knowledge he seeks from within the psychosphere." Michel Desmarquet The Thiaoouba Prophecy.

‘great training’ - many people experience accidental contact with the psychosphere during dreams. Visions of heliographs, architecture and Nature are quite frequent. Great knowledge and practice are required to control the access to the information from the psychosphere. (Editor's note based on explanations of the Author)

The only other person that I know of other then some Tibetan monks that has thouroughly used the psychosphere is Edgar Cayce, The Sleeping Prophet, Americas Greatest Prophet. He traveled to it just like Michel did but wihthout the aid of the Angelic race like Michel did.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Aw geez! Every time someone brings up the concept of time suddenly I am out of time and find myself racing against time just to get a word in edgewise. Is there enough time to address the very real problems that come with time? What time is it? It's time to ask what time it is, that's what time it is. What is time? Is it a linear phenomenon that moves backwards and forwards or is it something else all together? Is it at all possible that time is nothing more than the eternity of now here? Every moment we experience is here right now...now here. Ironically, the exact very moment that now here comes its gone and another now here replaces it. Or, at least that's the way it appears to us who experience each moment in time in a distinctly linear fashion.

It is we who have a beginning, middle and end and to some degree all matter seems to have a beginning, middle and end, but it truly appears to us this way because it is the way we perceive time...or, at least it appears to be that way now here in the flesh. Our own experience is our past and our targets and goals are the future we want but we are flesh and bone and know damn well that what that future holds is body death. Thus, the older we get the more time we are running out of, the younger we are the more time we have, even if our future brings and untimely demise. Whew! The Rolling Stones in their early years sang about time being on their side and then as they got older sang about time waiting for no one. How's that for not getting any satisfaction?

What if there is no time and there is only the now here, and what if we just remove the space between now here? Then what we've got is nowhere! What if all there is, is nowhere and all the time there is, is nowhere at all, and all this body death is just the necessary inhalation and exhalation of immortality? What I mean is, every moment exists at the same time indistinguishable from any other moment as if moments so thinly layered and placed upon each other as to never have any proportion just one big now here, which is nowhere at all and we have all the time in the world...the universe...well eternity.

What if this concept is not just a clever use of words and a strategic arrangement of letters but that words are more than just strategic placement of letters and have a vibrational power very much in tune with the universe...well, eternity, that exists now here? What if every word we utter profoundly affects our own future and the now here's we experience, those moments we have in the present are actually moments we have pre-sent to ourselves, either as a present like in gift or more tragically like coal in a stocking type of present?

What if all our efforts to travel back in time just waste our time better spent in the present, and what if the future is now? What if we are the masters of our destiny and the captains of our soul? What if we bring to ourselves the future we want, wittingly or unwittingly, we pre-sent the moments we experience now here, through our thoughts and deeds and this is the future of our own making? What if this is very real and the realer it gets for us the easier it gets to pre-send a future now? What if we truly become masters of our own destiny and being captains of our soul we stop wanting and we just start having? What if what we want to be we become by first being that what we want to be then doing that which makes us what we want to be then we have what it is we want to have?

That would be time travel, wouldn't it? If we spent less time worrying about the past and what we want and more time just having what we need and being who we should be, wouldn't we necessarily create the future now instead of later? The trick, I guess, would be knowing what we need and knowing how to get it, but then again, maybe we all ready know but just forgot to remember!

Maybe if we spent less time learning what we think we need to know and just remembered what it is we all ready know we'd get to where we're going a lot quicker than when we're spending so much time working on getting there...there being now here, which is a lot like being nowhere at all? What if that's where we're all going? Nowhere, right now, right here, nowhere at all? If all were doing is going nowhere then what the hell is the hurry? Take your time, enjoy the journey...all the now's that come here now...oops there goes another now...and another one...and another one...hey! I'm running out of time. Nope. Still got it. See? It's right here, right now...I'm just saying, that is all.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Think of time as radio frequencies, they all occupy the same space yet you can tune into them as you move the radio dial. Same with time, everything that has happened in the past happened within the space we occupy and we just have to find a way to "tune" into it. Lets say you go to the coliseum in Rome, Gladiators fought in that exact same space where you are standing but you are tuned to a different "frequency" or what you perceive as present.

Now if you could find a way to turn the radio dial backwards so to speak or tune into that specific frequency or what we call time you would appear among the gladiators

[edit on 12-12-2009 by Phlegmi]

[edit on 12-12-2009 by Phlegmi]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
My theory is that all the senses create a unique pattern at any given point in time. If these patterns (a photocopy of the brain pattern at that point in time as it were) can be re-created exactly then would that not be fooling the body into believing it is time travelling? Just a thought.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I'm loving all the feedback, ... great stuff.

However don't forget to include your theory's for time travel, or time manipulation, ... it would be cool if someone would even go as far as how to build a machine, ... like components, how it works, how does material travel through it.

Carry on folks.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Researchers have devised an experiment using laser light to demonstrate a property of quantum mechanics: That pairs of entangled photons show identical properties as either a wave or a particle. By using this knowledge, they hope to demonstrate how to influence an event that has already occurred.

1. A laser beam is directed into a crystal that makes two streams of photons.

2a. One stream of photons travels through a screen with two slits.

2b. The other stream of photons travels through an identical screen with two slits BUT is routed through six miles of fiber-optic cable that delays the light by microseconds.

3a. A detector captures the light and records it as a wave-like or particle-like photon (you don't know which yet).

3b. The delayed light is sensed by a movable detector. If the detector is closer to the lens it's recorded as a wave-like interference pattern. If its farther from the lens it is recorded as a particle.

What is happening here: By choosing to measure the delayed photon as either a wave or particle photon, the experimenter forces the other photon to appear in the same way - because they are entangled - even though it reaches the detector earlier.

Sources: John Cramer, University of Washington; NewScientist, Sept. 2006

Patrick Barry wrote this piece for the New Scientist, where it first appeared. Contact us at [email protected].

This article appeared on page E - 1 of the San Francisco Chronicle

Read more: www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2007/01/21/ING5LNJSBF1.DTL#ixzz0ZXrtPFYN

Also a very good read here

www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2007/01/21/ING5LNJSBF1.DTL

? why would we need to be going the speed of light, what would happen if we made all the matter around us go the speed of light and we just sat inside of a stationary device not touching anything. But rather, our time machine would be levitated inside of a controlled chamber and then accelerate every bit of matter on the outer skin of our time machine to the speed of light. LOL you asked for this

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by constantwonder

It would not allow you to change your past. Like i said its dimensional travel not time travel.

You see its not a direct line through time back to your past its back to an alternative past.

I didn't watch the whole thing.. just the part you posted here.. but in that part Ron didn't say anything about an alternate time line.. he talked as if he could actually get a message from the future.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Here's a video that breaks down the theories of Gödel and Tipler with several other prominent scientist being intervied aswell such as Kaku, David Deutsch, Nick Bolstrom, Paul Davies, Richard Gott.

And it even has a rare interview of the late Great Frank Tipler (one of the most creative minds physics has ever seen) . It gives a good look at what serious science is saying now about time travel. Not to mention its one of the best docus ive seen for a while.

Google Video Link

[edit on 13-12-2009 by constantwonder]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Good video. ( I'm taking notes as I watch)

Oh Boy.. Problem.. I think I ate the Time Machine.

They start off talking about Newton.. Interesting.. Newton was deeply religious and formed his scientific views around his belief in God. Newton was also a closet Alchemist and considered the last of the great wizards. He was a protestant who was strongly against the Church of England and the views they held that they derived from Catholicism. There is a good documentary called Newton The Heretic. This because h would have been a heretic to the Church of England.

Why is god riding around in a stretch limo in New Orleans? I am from new Orleans.. I recognize the bulidings and the above ground cemeteries. Oh I see.. the time traveler is from here. Kool, i'll look him up. Ohh.. Never mind.. His predictions of 2005 did not come true! The Time Coil is a phone cord! LOL the lady who is researching him is thinking.. Do I write about this crackpot to get my plane fare back or just eat it..

Ahh Frank Tipler lived here also Darn it. RIP Frank.

Time Loops and Dr. Who. Exterminate! Daleks are the Rulers of Time. Exterminate!

O.k. the simulation idea at the end is neat but it's just still a simulation.. not real time travel.

Dr. Who Theme song Awesome!

Why do I suddenly feel like watching MST3K?

Thanks for the kool documentary.

[edit on 13-12-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Well time travel into the future is relatively easy. In fact it has even been demonstrated experimentally with the measured outcome being very close to the calculated outcome.

You see, as an object exibiting a (resting) mass is accelarated, time measured by the accelarated object slows. At lower levels such as a jet fighter or rocket (which is upper levels for our current technology) this effect is so subtle that it's almost immesurable.

To demonstrate this "time dilation", two perfectly synchronised atomic clocks were used. One remained "stationary" (on the earth) and the other was flown around the world in a Concord for a significant period of time (a couple of weeks I believe). Since the Concord is (was) able to accelarate to high speeds, scientists predicted that the one on the Concord should read time to be moving slightly slower as per E=MC2. Theoretically, at C (light speed) time observed by the object should stop. The Concord is the fastest practical plane we have but since it is only able to achieve a tiny fraction of light speed, It might be just enough for this highly accurate atomic clock to register.

Sure enough, when the stationary clock was compared to the clock that had been on the Concord, the Concord clock had "lost" a few nanoseconds, quite closely matching the calculated value.

T o cut a long story short, E-MC2 predicts that as an object is accelarated, time percieved on that object slows. Therefore, travelling into the future is as easy as getting into a vehicle that can accelarate to somewhere near light speed, flying around for the calculated period of time relative to attained speed and returning to Earth to find that more time has passed and you have therefore travelled into the future.

To put it another way, jump in your spaceship, accelerate to 95% of light speed for a week and when you land back on Earth, 100 years will have passed so you have travelled into the future (just an example, please don't burn me on the maths!)

Time travel to the past is a whole new issue.

Since relative time stops at light speed (no object exibiting a resting mass can ever acutally be accelarated to light speed as it would become infinitely heavy), in theory, if you could be accelarated past light speed, you would reach your destination before you left.

Forget about travel to the past, if possible it's well beyond our current understanding but time travel into the future is absolutely achievable.

[edit on 13-12-2009 by OZtracized]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join