It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the *bleep*do we know?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Ha ha ha......

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by phrankie79

It's as much non-fiction as the last Star Trek movie. It's full of nonsense. It sounds good, but it's devoid of fact. You can read more about the criticism (by people who know, intimately, the subject matter at hand) here.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I like what Dawkins said.

Richard Dawkins stated that "the authors seem undecided whether their theme is quantum theory or consciousness. Both are indeed mysterious, and their genuine mystery needs none of the hype with which this film relentlessly and noisily belabours us", concluding that the film is "tosh"

Source

Good old Dick

[edit on 12/12/09 by blupblup]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Seriously - he's fantastic. He's done more for science, in the public eye, than most. He's the Carl Sagan of the '00s.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

I like old Dawkins man... He's cool.
And ridiculously intelligent.

I also like the south park episode that takes the piss out of him.

So it's all good.

His books are fantastic too.
And a few of his Tv series.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask

Total rubbish and about as scientifically accurate as any one movie in the "Back To The Future" trilogy.

Wait...are you saying that a Delorean won't jump through time when it hits 88mph??? NOOOOOOOOOO!!! All my childhood dreams are shattered!!!

I've tried to watch "What the Bleep" a few times, but I'm always put-off by that "new-age" nonsense. That said, I don't think you should criticise anyone for using it as a gateway to quantum physics. If they are interested enough they will eventually realise the things that are wrong with "What the Bleep" (whatever those things may be).

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foliohattuilija
reply to post by gYvMessanger

I liked most of the people interviewed, but this Cult of Ramtha was extremely irritating.

I mean you have a scientist talking, then you have somebody who is basically another Blossom Goodchild talking, then you have another scientist talking...

It kinda like throws the whole thing off-balance.

Also some of the quantum mysticism went a little bit over the top.

She was like channeling a warrior from ancient Lemuria... Basically even a more irritating hoaxer than Blossom Goodchild.

I agree. There are such good parts to the movie and then such utter tripe. I could have been a great film without all the New Age crap.

[edit on 13-12-2009 by pavil]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Here is my take on this.
1. I LIKED the movie very much, it left me wanting to explore what I had learned and made me feel hopeful about the future of the human race.
2. The science is real and I FEEL that the more I learn the more I need to bust out of my old perceptions. I need to open my mind to change to begin to try and grasp the science. I HAVE DONE a bit of research on many of the experiments talked about in this movie and they are REAL science in MY OPINION.
3. The movie challenges ME to open MY MIND to new ideas and in some ways answers some questions I have always felt deep inside.
4. I have the right to believe what works for me. I believe in GOD with all my heart and soul but have ALWAYS questioned why what I was being taught in organized religion did not match how I felt inside. The movie helped me to tell myself to be true to myself and reinforced the idea to open my mind to new ideas about many things. FOR ME, I do NOT need physical proof of GOD because I FEEL I AM part of GOD and also part of the whole multiverse. So I feel GOD in myself. I am one with all there is, this makes me responsible for all my actions and also reinforces my belief that I am a student here on earth. So I need talk the talk then walk the walk so to speak.
5. If you have not watched the movie I would say to you, watch it!!!. Take what works for you and leave the rest.
6. To the ones to attack me on this. Don't waste your time. I pick what wars I wish to attend and how I feel and what I believe is my business.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join