It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the *bleep*do we know?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Hello, Science and Technology people.

"What the *bleep* do we know, is a 2004 film which combines documentary-style interviews, computer-animated graphics, and a narrative that posits a spiritual connection between quantum physics and consciousness."

Here are some trailers

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
What A GREAT movie. I have watched the whole movie (about 2 hours long ) maybe 5 times over the past few years and every time I learn something new. I love Quantum Physics and this movie holds the keys to a new way of thinking.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Hi, BLEEP fans.

F & S, for the O P !

We have better than that, now !!

Go visit the link done in the first line of my signature.

I watched it 6 times, too ! ! ! B-)
My brother, 10 times.
It could be because english is NOT our primary language,
but RARE are those who watched it only once. . .

EXTRAORDINARY nice news, in that film,
and in the interviews

The 3 DVD kit is 6 HOURS long of GOOD stuff ! !

Blue skies.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Same here. I love the idea that there could be an infinite number of universes within a universe.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by phrankie79]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I have yet to see this movie, but quantum physics fascinates me
i've heard a lot of good things about this doc and Im definitely going to check it out now! Thanks for posting that up here!

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
S & F ! I am a huge bleep fan! This movie had more impact on me than anything I had ever viewed before. Science & Spirituality meeting after centuries of Church & Science being in a constant battle.
The Human Race is on the verge of discovering the God particle along with new discoveries of multiverses, dark matter and the dark flow.
Dr. Emoto Masaru's Water Crystals blew me away and I stepped foot on a new path of discovery and enlightenment!

Tune to the Solfeggio Frequencies...
Love = 528 hertz

Synth

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I do love this movie.

But you know its a propaganda piece created by the Cult of Ramtha.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gYvMessanger

I liked most of the people interviewed, but this Cult of Ramtha was extremely irritating.

I mean you have a scientist talking, then you have somebody who is basically another Blossom Goodchild talking, then you have another scientist talking...

It kinda like throws the whole thing off-balance.

Also some of the quantum mysticism went a little bit over the top.

She was like channeling a warrior from ancient Lemuria... Basically even a more irritating hoaxer than Blossom Goodchild.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by Foliohattuilija]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by phrankie79

For the most part, the scientists in this film agree with Kabbalah. theres a video somewhere on it, but its the only god based, or "cosmos based" theory that perfectly fits in with quantum theory, and also makes sense.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
this video is also highly plugged by reiki practitioners as well as the secret. they are both intriguing movies and as a previous poster had said, everytime you watch the movie there are always different realizations.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Oh dear.

Wrong board for that. . . its pseudo science hoakem. . . . i believe that means it belongs in the Philosophy section. . . .

Anyway while its ideas are intruiging its nothing scientific and I'm actually suprised no ones come out hammering it yet.

They throw around the words super-postion and uncertainty like they've done years of physical research. A few moments of research on the science they twisted into hoakem and you will find that not only are they full of excrament they really aren't that good at passing it as fact.

Not to pee in your cheerios just lettin you know. . . It's been discussed here many many many many times

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Those who "love quantum physics", usually see this movie as a horrible misunderstanding of "quantum physics".

Just love watching new-age crystal-worshiping zealots supporting this movie as "real science".

It was a joke of movie in 04...it is the same flop of a joke today.

Total rubbish and about as scientifically accurate as any one movie in the "Back To The Future" trilogy.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
Those who "love quantum physics", usually see this movie as a horrible misunderstanding of "quantum physics".

Just love watching new-age crystal-worshiping zealots supporting this movie as "real science".

It was a joke of movie in 04...it is the same flop of a joke today.

Total rubbish and about as scientifically accurate as any one movie in the "Back To The Future" trilogy.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0490fee6a237.jpg[/atsimg]

"Just love watching new-age crystal-worshiping zealots supporting this movie as "real science"."

Couldn't have said it better myself. . . and I tried i guess im just to soft

fantastic

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   

I own it, this film is what got me into Quantumn Physics/Mechanics. It also led me on a path that science just may prove "gods" existance. S/F

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by gnosis111

I own it, this film is what got me into Quantumn Physics/Mechanics.

Yeah...THIS movie put you on the path towards a Cambridge career.

Yeah...ok.

Look...if you find yourself saying "this movie got you into Quantum Physics" then you obviously are "not" into Quantum Physics.

This is not even "Quantum Mechanics for Dummies"...

Notice you even misspell "Quantum"?

Yeah...trust me...this movie didn't get you into anything but "acting" like you understand Quantum Theory at parties.

This movie has nothing to do with real science.

[edit on 12-12-2009 by Mr Mask]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by constantwonder
Oh dear.

Wrong board for that. . . its pseudo science hoakem. . . . i believe that means it belongs in the Philosophy section. . . .

I read the first several posts in this thread wondering why all these people don't already know that and thought I'd have to be the one to break the news but I see you and Mr Mask beat me to it.

I agree this doesn't even belong on the science board, it's pseudoscience. Mods can you please move this thread to Psychology, Philosophy, and Metaphysics? Because that's where it belongs, not science.

What the Bleep Do We Know!?

The film was also discussed in a letter published in Physics Today that challenges how physics is taught, saying teaching fails to "expose the mysteries physics has encountered [and] reveal the limits of our understanding." In the letter, the authors write "the movie illustrates the uncertainty principle with a bouncing basketball being in several places at once. There's nothing wrong with that. It's recognized as pedagogical exaggeration. But the movie gradually moves to quantum 'insights' that lead a woman to toss away her antidepressant medication, to the quantum channeling of Ramtha, the 35,000-year-old Atlantis god, and on to even greater nonsense." It went on to say that "Most laypeople cannot tell where the quantum physics ends and the quantum nonsense begins, and many are susceptible to being misguided,"

Let's not misguide people any further by putting this pseudoscience thread in the science section.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

[snip] Did I say I was a quantum physicist? It got me INTERESTED. Go pick a fight with someone of a smaller brain pan you might have more luck.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12-12-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosis111

It took this crappy movie to get you "interested" in one of the most interesting frontiers of science...

And I am the idiot...ok.

Not picking a fight...trust me...it would be an unfair advantage in my court, and that is just not sportsmanlike.

Heck...what the bleep do you know!?

Right?

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
reply to post by gnosis111

Heck...what the bleep do you know!?

Right?

Oh man.... That's hilarious

Nice one

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Actually upon further research you will see this film riddled with dis-information and editing which made the experts seem like they were in favor of such things when really they were not.

And a google search of the School Of Rathma, really puts a dent into the credibility of the film.

Sorry folks, this is just more new age propaganda.

The quantum physics stuff is great, but other than that...it's garbage.

~Keeper

top topics

<<   2 >>

join