It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

global population is a problem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I see a lot of threads covering this topic. And yes I agree that the evidence is clear. The NWO, elite, banking families, whatever you want to call them clearly want to reduce the world's populations.

Not that I agree with their methodologies or ideologies about humans being viruses, but the fact seems obvious to me that there are too many people on this beautiful blue marble we call Earth.

I grew up in a small fishing village of Naples, Florida. We had 5,000 people scattered across a mesh of mosquito infested swamps, mangrove covered beaches, and some marshy woodlands.

Today its 100,000 people, swells to over 250,000 during tourist season. There are more golf courses per square mile there than anywhere else in the world. The everglades were drained to build these golf courses. And of course the golfers need condos so they cleared out the mangroves and dredged the ocean to make the beaches more fit for 30 story apartment complexes.

where did all these people come from ? Mostly the crowded northeastern part of the United States. They built every square inch until the factories were rusting onto the pavements, so down to florida they came and buried us with traffic jams, higher taxes, crime, pollution, etc. all the wonderful things that only higher populations can bring.

after college my wife and I moved out to Idaho. We found a small town, 40,000 people in an even smaller state (that 40k was actually the second largest town in the whole state !)

a decade later and bam the housing boom hit. suddenly folks from overcrowded california were flocking to idaho. they started buying up all the farm land, closing down the local farmer market where i would buy my beloved huckleberry pie filling and fresh veggies. in their places came the walmarts, starbucks, and more traffic.

they started to clear the mountains or build right up against them (hello, avalanche). theyre diverting fresh streams to water the new trees they bring in from other states. Oh and of course the golf courses are here, never can escape those.

and this wont ever end. there will be no escape. and because we operate in a monetary system based on consumption, humans will continue to grow and spread like a plague upon the earth. and when idaho has seen its last huckleberry bush die out due to pollution or development, these locusts will move onto someplace else pristine.

i dont agree with the chinese policies nor do i like Obama's healthcare plan or the elite in general. but the fact is there are too many of us around. we can not continue to build more roads, more schools, more houses, more golf courses to meet the growing populations. there will be an end and it wont be pretty.

so either we humans manage to curb our instincts to breed or nature will balance itself out in a painful manner.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Population is not the problem, the misuse of resources is the problem. Look at how much food we(US) through away? look at how much food people in impoverished Africa don't have.

It has nothing to do with an over abundance of population it has everything to do with psychotic dictators that would rather keep everyone broke and hungry.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Try Wyoming next, there's no one here

I don't think what you state is a problem with overpopulation I think it is a problem with population density and migration. Everyone who came to the towns you spoke of above came from somewhere, they were not a result of people being born in the towns themselves.

It's very simple really there are many beautiful places in the world and sometimes it seems all of the sudden people from these heavily populated states such as the eastern and west coast states discover these places and move to get away from the over crowdedness and traffic of big cities like LA and NYC. People tend to like warmer climates, ones near the sea, or mountains if you look at any map of the world you will see the most heavily populated areas are these places. But there is a lot of open space in this world and especially this country. Seriously drive through Wyoming, New Mexico, southern Colorado, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma and tell me there is a population problem.

I also heard somewhere that you could fit the whole population of the world in Texas with everyone given an acre of land. Now that's impressive.

I have a bright outlook for the future because water is probably the biggest concern for overpopulation but people are working on using Sea Water for irrigation, imagine if they could perfect this technique and have an irrigation canal reach dry places like Nevada and Utah. Food and Water problems solved.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
You could make a living moving into areas with depressed realestate prices. People are not moving to Florida ,because they are desparate for land they move there for the culture and beauty. Cities such as Detroit are fading away. There are still many areas in America which are not developed culturally or socially. For some reason no one wants to live in those areas. If we reduce the population, people will still move to areas with large populations.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by eradown]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Population is not the problem on planet earth. The problem is the govt's ruling over them. Many people could live without electricity, cars, trucks, grocery stores, etc, but the gov't won't allow them to. So, they, (the gov't) passed laws down throughout the centuries to control how we humans would be required to live.

The nations leaders created the biggest ponzi scheme ever in order to control the masses when they developed a currency for their respected country's use. How else could the wealthy get the poor to slave for them other than to pay them for digging in the mines, working the fields planting and harvesting food, and just basically waiting on the sorry asses of the rich bastards!

Now that technology has been developed to do more work with less people, the same leaders now say we have a population problem! Funny thing, we poor folks are the ones with the population crisis while the wealthy continue to screw like bunny rabbits!

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by admriker444

And yes I agree that the evidence is clear. The NWO, elite, banking families, whatever you want to call them clearly want to reduce the world's populations.

Actually, despite what one might read on a conspiracy theory board, the evidence isn't that clear, and it's certainly not a given fact.

Empty Playgrounds: Global Populations in Decline

"Depopulation" is such a key underpinning premise for a lot of nefarious conspiracies so many depend on the assumption lest their theories lose their merit ... and we can't have that.

No saying there's nothing to be considered in this regard, just saying it's erroneous to believe there's conclusive evidence either way.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
While in a deep state of meditation, Mother Earth told me she was gonna regulate the population because right now, we are being too taxing for her.

To the person who said humans are not viruses? Basically, we all pollute and cause waste and trash, no matter how "green" we are. We live off of the nutrients and resources of our beautiful planet, and most humans will never give thanks for that. They are too caught up watching total bull poop on Television and are brainwashed by the media. I watched Television the other day for the first time in 4 months, and I was appalled by the commercials. Truly sickening.

Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know that I am feeling like very soon here, the human population on this planet is going to drop exponentially. Anyone else feel this. Thoughts and comments on this issue please.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Even hard core leftist John Lennon didn't believe in overpopulation. He called it a joke and a myth.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by FortAnthem]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
www.wnd.com...

"Holdrens Guru
ispose of Excess Children Like Puppies".

This is sickening!

(Sorry! I didn't mean for the smiley face to be there at all!!...Guess I should have written it differently,"...Guru...Dispose...") Edit called for!

[edit on 11-12-2009 by On the Edge]

top topics

join