It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100-year-old N.Y. child molester to be freed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

100-year-old N.Y. child molester to be freed

news.mobile.msn.com

Everything that pedophile Theodore Sypnier has to show for his 100 years on Earth is packed in a single duffel bag as he prepares to begin a new chapter in life: freedom.

It's a chapter that prosecutors, judges and others who know him never wanted - or expected - to see written.

New York's oldest registered sex offender is scheduled to move by week's end out of a Buffalo halfway house for released inmates and into a place of his own, after completing his latest term in state prison for molesting little girls.

The judge who sentenced him said at the time that she expected him to die
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Did you ever think that you would ever hear of such a report ? I guess they come in all shapes , sizes as well as ages .

Seems he committed his last offense 10 years ago and it's my bet that if he gets the chance to offend again he will most likely take it .

The reports also states , " used his grandfatherly charm to snare and rape victims as young as 4. "

This has to be one of the saddest stories that I have ever herd

news.mobile.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

I doubt the 100-year old will be molesting any more children so it doesn't bother me. The main thing is that the people going out of prison are not at risk of doing it again.

But what does surprise me is that there are people out there who aren't seriously damaged by the lower quality health and mental wellness of being in prison.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by truthquest

Seeing how he offended last at the age of 90 , I would not be saying with any certainty that he won't offend again .

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Hopefully he'll walk out in front of a bus or something and won't get a chance at freedom.

People like him don't change. There's a reason he wants to meet the youngest members of his family.

People like him are the reason the death penalty is a good idea.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Why was he ever freed?

It sickens the sh#$ out of me.
Pedophiles are the f@#cking scum of the planet .
THis man's face should be on youtube. THe captions should explain what he's done so that everyone who sees him in the street can spit in his old fu&^ed up face.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
He's already 100, why didn't they just let him rot in there? surely he wouldn't have much time left, if he offended at 90, why on earth is he getting free now? just because he might not physically be able to molest another child, he will be able to still find some pictures or whatever it is those disgusting perverts get off on. They always find a way.

Disgusting

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
At first I was going to say that he had served his time and maybe it would be harmless to let him experience freedom for, at most, a couple of years while he lived out the end of his days.

Then I saw that he was still doing these things only a decade ago. Absolutely astounding, but I guess these days nothing is too far out of the ordinary. It is pretty scary that he is going to be out on the streets. Parents are not going to be very suspicious around elderly folks like him, which is apparently how he was targeting his victims.

Pretty sick stuff, and he definitely shouldn't be out on the streets.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Looking at some of the things he has done, I'm amazed that they would let him out. I mean look at this:

Sypnier's convictions date to 1987, when he was given three years' probation for sex abuse. He spent a year in prison for sexually abusing a minor in 1994.

Sypnier initially pleaded guilty in 2000 to two counts of rape, 15 counts of sodomy and endangering the welfare of a child for molesting the Tonawanda girls, as well as three in Buffalo. An appeals court threw out the conviction in 2002 after Sypnier claimed he was confused at the time, leading to another plea the following year to a lesser charge.

Sypnier was released on parole in 2007, only to be returned to prison in 2008 after failing to attend sex-offender counseling.

I've heard of second-wind and always giving someone else a second chance, but after looking at this I'm not so sure..It seems like he's on his last leg pretty much at this point. I just don't know something to me doesn't seem right to let him out after all of this.

new topics

top topics

join