It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What makes people think 'Aliens' travelled from lightyears away?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I believe some aliens come from light years away.It really depends on the level of technology different aliens species have to get here.One alien species may have the technology to travel four and a half light years in 4 and a half minutes.Another aliens species may take 1000 years to cover that same distance of 4 and a half light years.Even other aliens may take 20,000 years to cover the same distance.In 200 years we may have the technology to send people to another star systerm.Even though that technology is far more advanced than we are now it would still proberly take 100 or 500 years to get there.Of course there is a good chance that we will get there even quicker than that.In 400 years we will proberly have the technology to travel that same distance in 12 months instead of 200 years.With that our more advanced space craft could easy catch up with the original space craft that left 200 years before and deliver them to that star systerm within months.Some aliens species send out automated robotic probes that could be traveling in space for thousands of years.I beleive the current aliens on this planet come from this planet earth.Earth was there planet long before we came along.So where did they come from in the first place.They decended from the reptillian giants from 65 million years ago.

[edit on 12-12-2009 by GORGANTHIUM]

[edit on 12-12-2009 by GORGANTHIUM]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by 13arrows
I know its mainly just an assumption that aliens travelled millions of light years to here, what if they didnt? what if for all we know they are practically around the corner,or just exisit within another dimenison in our own world as some theories portray.

The main reason they probably aren't right around the corner as you put it, is that there aren't even any stars within a 4 light year radius around our solar system. Proxima Centauri, the closest star, is 4.3 light years away.

So many conditions have to be just right for intelligent life, that even optimistic estimates of how many stars have intelligent civilizations capable of space travel say that the percentage of star systems thus populated is small. The fact that there are so many stars is what turns that low percentage into a higher likelihood, but most of the stars aren't close to us. So that's why it's got to be more than 4 light years at least and probably a lot more than that to include enough stars to include one that's got intelligent life. For example there are about 45 stars within 16 light years of us, but only one of those is the same stellar classification as our Sun which we think might help the chances for life to develop:

en.wikipedia.org...

By the way it's not "millions of light years" because our galaxy is only 100,000 light years or so across so you'd really be looking at no more than thousands or tens of thousands of light years away in our own galaxy. Interstellar travel is hard enough without resorting to intergalactic travel, then you'd be into millions of light years.

Interdimensional travel is unproven and highly speculative, so I'm not wasting any time on that until it's proven. My thought is that even if there are other parallel dimensions on the macro level which I doubt, there may not be any practical method of travel between them.

Originally posted by Tifozi
reply to post by Tearman

seafarers have known that the earth was round for more than a thousand years.

Some, not all.

Many mistakes were made because they didn't considered Earth to be flat.

The Greek Erastothenes, born in 276 BC, not only knew the Earth was round, but he also calculated the size with remarkable accuracy. I guess if people thought the Earth was flat after that, they didn't read or believe his work. en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 12-12-2009 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by 13arrows

By the way there aren't 57 species of aliens known to us. There are more than 57 people out of 6 billion that feel the need to spin a good yarn. It's a real pity we can't use our real names on sites like this. Don't believe the ramblings you see in skunk works. Deny something.... what is it again? Can somebody who cares about the credibility of this website do something about posters posting this tripe as facts? Phage? Internos? Damnit the three amigos?
BUT Titan looks like a possibility. Or Europa.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Hate to say it but the muslims did it first. The greeks translated their works but because they're brown people the whites claimed it. Robinhood prince of theives was funny because the attitudes in the world towards arabs was about right

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   

"Aliens" could be in the space right next to you and because that space is situated in a different dimensional and on anothr frequency level of space/time - we at this point cannot perceive them.

Why would anyone come a thousand light years to this planet?

Maybe for the Minerals and or Water. Maybe to lay claim to a planet it's own inhabitants are destroying.

Surely not for the population of ignorant, savage, warring, primitive beings that are trashing thier own beautiful lush planet.

From the movie, "The Day The Earth Stood Still" 1951
I came here to give you these facts. It is no concern of ours how you run your own planet, but if you threaten to extend your violence, this Earth of yours will be reduced to a burned-out cinder. Your choice is simple: join us and live in peace, or pursue your present course and face obliteration. We shall be waiting for your answer. The decision rests with you.

Then again, maybe we taste good.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Tearman

There have been experiments done in fact where information has been sent using quantum entanglement. However, how could you observe that the information was sent instantly in these experiments when you cannot intercept the channel it is sent through? In any case it is moot, because classical physics does not apply to the quantum world. In the quantum world space and time does not exist. Space and time, which General relativity deals with, is only applicable to the macroworld, not the quantum world.

In quantum logic an alien race ten billion light years away could interact with us in quantum "space" as physical space-time no longer applies.

[edit on 12-12-2009 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
reply to post by Tearman

In quantum logic an alien race ten billion light years away could interact with us in quantum "space" as physical space-time no longer applies.

There are aliens as close as the moon. Aliens do exist on the Moon (underground) and on Mars (underground). Not all aliens are from far far (huge light years away) away.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
I believe the nearest star is four light years away. That is about as "around the corner" as you can get compared to hundreds or millions of light years away that other stars are. So visitors would still be traveling light years to get here.

Maybe sufficiently advanced civilisations live 'off planet' on self contained ships free from the planetary dangers of volcanoes,earthquakes,tidal waves,ice ages etc.. -that would negate the distance problem.

I suppose thats the trouble with presupposing or assuming things - we just don't know anything.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brainiac
It's actually "stupid" to think that there are Alien craft flying around on earth without someone knowing about it..

I think that is one of the most ignorant things I have ever read.

Have you ever actualy looked into the UFO subject and the facts surrounding certain incidents?

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
To help the Universe.
To help other species to evolve, and get them to cooporate with best for everyone.
Possibly just like a government, but more advanced intelligently than ours offcourse.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
I suppose thats the trouble with presupposing or assuming things - we just don't know anything.
One can make just about anything seem unlikely if one makes the wrong assumptions. These arguments IMO tell us more about the people using them, than they tell us about the validity of the ETH.

In the end, if advanced FTL propulsion methods are possible then surely some advanced civilisation has found this solution.

Surely it is amusing to see "skeptics" demand empirical evidence yet when it comes to the ETH suddenly their uninformed speculation (they cannot get here, there are only very few advanced civilisations, ad nauseam) will do just fine.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Tearman

There have been experiments done in fact where information has been sent using quantum entanglement.

I've not heard of this - it would violate Special Relativity. Can you post a link?

Or are you taking about quantum cryptography or the Alaine Aspect experiment?

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
They come here for the Juicy meat, human snacks.

And they travell far and wide to get us and we can be sold for a huge chump of asto dollars, since we are 'exotic-Meat' ..

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
1950's Dis-Info campaign, Saturday Matinee ... B Ufo movies.
open public redicule. and then UFO's Buzzed Washington, DC.
and for a while it was FACT UFO's are Real, then by 1960. So
many rediculed eyewitnesses -- or mental cases claim they saw
a UFO and we all know how that one made it to front page --
because it was clearly a damaged human making such claims.
In the Late 70's Chariots of the Gods was released and a steady
pace towards total release (without releasing anything) comes to
a more probable existence with movies like Star Wars, ET ... etc.
2000 - if you have noticed they no longer kill to keep the secrets/
I would expect total technological overhaul of the Globe to begin
with the next 10 years. however, the Human through shear numbers
of need versus supply will also be going off the scale the next 10
years. with less need for humans - I would expect some serious
population reduction measures to manifest. we must get to below
2 billion as soon as possible. whether that be done by what ever means.
or by choice it has to happen. Doctor Hutchinsons technology the promise of Free Energy is a very real probability.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
They don't travel going at the speed of light. That's 20x as silly as attempting to travel the world in a unicycle. Do some research into the alleged technological proficiencies that the beings are reported to have mastered. They have the capability to bend the space-time continuum through manipulating the zero point field vacuum of space. I suggest you look into the Einstein Rosenbridge, Lorenztian Wormholes, and the warp drive theories. You cannot break the laws of physics, you can only bypass them through a superior understanding regarding the substrate of the universe. Inertia Stabilization, Anti-Gravitational propulsion, all this fun stuff results from tampering with space. And remember, 99.995% of even perceptually solid objects are just empty space.

If you keep zooming and zooming into the nucleus of an atom, you see increasing emptiness. To the point where you would be able to see a big orgy of waves colliding and transferring information. That's what we are: waves. Sexy waves.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

You don't have to travel light years. You don't have to travel at all.

Time and distance are illusions. The universal conscious awareness that is the ground of being of all things is everywhere.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
People do not wish to entertain the real TRUTH

If there is a genuine other race it is from Much closer than our Fear Index will allow us to contemplate...

It is easy to feel safe when the threat is from another Star System... when the enemy is so advanced maybe they are "here to help"

When the truth settles in...

That they live here underground, under the surface of other planets right in our own system... that they aren't that much more advanced then us, just enough to be dangerous and hold the high ground....

This petrifies people into denial...

They invent many "alien" races and galactic civilizations for hope...

Hope against a real enemy that is close by and capable of bringing unknown horrors...

It is no different than the way the Natives thought the Europeans to be
"Gods"

We seek explanations rather than prepare for the fight, we want theories that console us, give us hope...

When the reality is...

We should have shot the first ships we saw and killed every single Grey that dares walk off of one... If the Mayans would have followed that procedure with those first few ships, they would still be around

[edit on 12-12-2009 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightFantastic

reply to post by Tearman

There have been experiments done in fact where information has been sent using quantum entanglement.

I've not heard of this - it would violate Special Relativity. Can you post a link?

Or are you taking about quantum cryptography or the Alaine Aspect experiment?

ssbg.wordpress.com...

Quantum entanglement allows qubits that are separated by incredible distances to interact with each other immediately, in a communication that is not limited to the speed of light. No matter how great the distance between the correlated particles, they will remain entangled as long as they are isolated.

Entanglement is a real phenomenon (Einstein called it “spooky action at a distance”), which has been demonstrated repeatedly through experimentation. The mechanism behind it cannot, as yet, be fully explained by any theory.

I'm not sure the laws of special relativity have to apply to the quantum world. But this is why we need unified theory of everything. Our understanding of quantum mechanics is like our understanding of gravity in that we can measure and calculate effects of both, without understanding the underlying causes.

Originally posted by karl 12
Maybe sufficiently advanced civilisations live 'off planet' on self contained ships free from the planetary dangers of volcanoes,earthquakes,tidal waves,ice ages etc.. -that would negate the distance problem.

An interesting thought, one I hadn't considered but could be possible.

Originally posted by jclmavg
Surely it is amusing to see "skeptics" demand empirical evidence yet when it comes to the ETH suddenly their uninformed speculation (they cannot get here, there are only very few advanced civilisations, ad nauseam) will do just fine.

The difference is that when skeptics speculate it's presented as speculation. You won't hear a true skeptic say that 10,000 fuzzy dots in the sky is proof of alien visitation. But skeptics or anyone else can speculate about what those unknown lights may or may not be, or how many intelligences there may or may not be. So everyone is free to speculate away, it's only when someone claims to have proof of something that evidence is demanded.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Right, special or general relativity does not apply to QM.

This article is quite interesting: www.biophysica.com...

Information is travelling faster in the quantum world than it is in the physical world. Even humans are now starting to make use of this type of information transmission. It is not a leap that an advanced alien race could transmit large objects, such as manned spaceships via these quantum channels, similar to the quantum slipstream technology in Star Trek.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join