It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Once apon a time men wore the pants and wore them well.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_awoke

You also bring up a valid point. I have gotten admirers just from playing paintball. Or being able to use a lawnmower. I had two male coworkers swooning once with mouths open because i grabbed a lawnmower and threw in the back of the truck. I have had guys sit and talk to me for hours because I could talk about camping and hiking.
But like yous said, I can bake cookies in stilletos. *lol* awesome.

So I think both genders like a bit of both.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60

Originally posted by mellisamouse
I have never been a feminist, and would be forever greatful for a male role modle for my son, instead of the dead beat, drunken abusive embarrassment I now cannot get out of my life.....

You know, if you HAD been a feminist, perhaps that would have gotten you mad enough to get that drunken and abusive person out of your life a long time ago.

And remember that as long as you are letting this person pester your life, you are sending the wrong message to your son. You are already providing him with a lousy male role model, teaching him that it is OK for men to be dead beats and abusive. You are also teaching your son that women will put up with it.

Get this low life out of your life, not only for your own sake, but also for the sake of your son.

Oh he is not welcome. I already have had restraining orders and court and keep calling the police, he just won't give up and get lost. He just uses our son aS THE TOOL or excuse to try to justify constantly prying his way into my life.

He scares off anyone interested, and terrorizes me if I smile or flirt, god forbid, I'm a gonner. I just need to keep at it with the police and courts I guess until they finally see the pattern clearly enough???

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

Originally posted by mellisamouse
If I got to meet a real man, I would worship the ground he walks on. I have never been a feminist, and would be forever greatful for a male role modle for my son, instead of the dead beat, drunken abusive embarrassment I now cannot get out of my life.....

With the exception of the drunken part,you described my first husband!
Ex-husbands, are like that wad of gum you can't quite get off from the
bottom of your shoe!
If you have children with them,they think they have branded you for life
as their personal property. I divorced this sorry loser,learned he was just
a bully,went on with my life.I put my neck in a noose once(marriage),I
was going to think twice first.
Twenty-five years later,I meet and marry a wonderful man!

Awesome! Good description, a bad piece of gum, lol....Well he can't keep up these tactics forever, and when I DO meet a real man *swoon* the ex won't have a leg to stand on, muhuhahahha!

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
In the words of Douglas Adams, "In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were REAL men, women were REAL women, and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were REAL small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri."

In the words of my boyfriend, "I never understood why men are complaining about losing their identity as men. I never wondered what role should I play, I'm just being myself"

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

My ex-husband would disappear for about five years, then suddenly,he's
on the phone or doorstep.The child support division would always let him know where I was.I never received any support while my daughter was
a child.I was always told that he had a right to know where she was.

When I bought a house in 1999,my daughter was 24 at the time.I moved
her and my grandson in the house with me.You would think at her age
the child support division would leave us alone.Noooooo,he still had a right
to know where his adult child was living.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I agree!!!
as for the 'khaki' debate, any man who is concerned about how 'girly' he will look in khaki slacks has other more serious problems!!
I bet that type of guy wouldnt be caught dead in a pink shirt, either!! You guys who get so uptight about colors, etc., have to stop and get a life!!! If your 'masculinity' is so threatened by jr. high mentality when it comes to this stuff, I feel sorry for the women in your life!!!

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

That's so hard. I feel for you. One day soon, I think these REAL men will take over again, and they don't stand for that kind of garbage.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by BG43214

My husband wouldn't be caught dead in a pink shirt,or any other girly
colors.I know not to buy them either.I learned that lesson after the
green slacks I bought on a clearance sale.
My husband is a wonderful man,he puts up with me being his wife!

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
What a bunch of propaganda, male oriented, NWO patriarchal crapola. The thing this world needs is matriarchal unity and love, and concern for all of nature, empowerment from the grass roots people, opting out of banking and their illegal pyramid structure mascarading as a free enterprise, (despite their blanket control of all new and helpful inventions and technologies and their massive ownership of everything). All of these are female values in the ying and yang. We need to embrace the feminine.

Anyone who thinks like this is a lizzie in source, an annanuki, and a part of the problem not the solution.

[edit on 16-12-2009 by Unity_99]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
That ad is tongue-in-cheek.

They also advertise Dockers for women.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join