It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Once apon a time men wore the pants and wore them well.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Bring it on! I like a man with some old fashioned manners. Not a chauvinist, but just someone who was brought up well and taught to respect not just women, but people in general. Plus I never ever want to see another straight man who's not a cross dresser wearing tiny pink shorts. EVER. Come on boys - it doesn't look good. Same with borrowing your girlfriend's skinny jeans. Put - them - down.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Went to Disney in Orlando for my 50th a few weeks ago, I was shocked and awed by the sameness of the guys attire.
Everyone wore cargo shorts and either a striped polo shirt or a tee bearing a college/university logo.
Then there were the guys like me, cargo shorts and a striped polo or tee with a logo from some University.
AAAARGH!!!
Almost forgot the 3 day beard, just so everyone knows that we hate shaving and will do it only to go to work.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

As a former female chauvinist,for men to take back control,women
must behave like women.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
As a former female chauvinist,for men to take back control,women
must behave like women.

so true!
*bats eyelashes*

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Pretty gutsy for a Docker's ad... I wonder how that will go over with the public? Shall be interesting to see the responses, in general.

makes me want to support them and buy a pair

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2

to me this seems kind of ironic....

when i think of guys in khakis...i think of nancy boys.

in school i had the choice of khaki slacks or black slacks, and opted for the black because the khaki were too..i dont know..it j ust didnt sit well with me...despite the fact they looked better with the rest of the uniform.

manly wear is blue jeans. never khakis.

but i like the sentiment they present. im all for men being more sensitive then they were in yesteryear,(this is from remembering how my grandfather was, and interacting with older men..i'm sure everyone understands what i mean) but manicures and eye brow waxes...no sir.

The iconic image of Indiana Jones is one of a man in a big brown Fedora, a brown bomber jacket and khaki pants. Indiana Jones did not represent the Nancy boys you are referring to he represented all that was manly of a man in the '30's when khaki pants were actually quite popular, and they, much like other fashions, have never gone out of fashion as they serve a functionality that is just too pragmatic to succumb to fashion senses. That being said, blue jeans are cool too.

In terms of the ad, that sentiment is clearly aimed at the type of man who would respond to it, which wouldn't be the so-called metrosexuals, or any other type of man who defines himself by his sexuality alone. Men didn't used to, and indeed, some men still do, help a little old lady across the street because they thought they might get laid, they did so because it was the proper the thing to do, and it still is...assuming that little old lady doesn't hit you across your head with her purse because she thinks you just want to get laid.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

I forgot about Indie. But he was an intellectual. They have different rules.

But I agree with everything else you said. I like to see that their are still people with the proper sentiment of what a man should be.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Choiseul

This wasn't so long ago, i'll be 40 this year and School today by my standards is a prison...

the fighting was GOOD,

I'm personally sick and tired of weasels being allowed to act anyway they want, encountering people who say things like "you can't talk to me that way" while stealing or worse betraying or acting to harm your life or breaking their word

If I go out on a Friday night any punk can hit on my date, anyone can go after my family or home and I am NOT supposed to fight back even in those conditions, in most situations in places in the States even if ASSAULTED...if I have the option to RUN like a coward and don't take it I loose my right to self defense...

Fighting taught young men respect and compassion

Neither exists anymore that's why a cowardly teen or young adult will simply take a life in a drive by... they are afraid to fight, legally and physically...biggest tough punks need a pistol because in the end they are cowards...

I'd give my left nut for the "fist fight" to be basically de-criminalized again...

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I would say women have lost power and strength.

Equal rights were initially revolving around the Right to work when need be, the right to divorce an abusive Husband if there was a REAL threat, the right to get an Education...

What we have here is basically a FORCED 2 wage system in which men feel less masculine and women are unhappy forced to work and bearing children has been made difficult...

I don't think women are happy with men this way, I don't think overall most women in marriages LIKE in anyway that they have to work for most couples also in order to survive... at least once children come along...

I think women take a man not being allowed to defend her as very attractive.... I think allot of guys have become wusses in womens eyes and they don't find it attractive at all...

To make this simple...

I think 30 years of COSMO magazine telling men to be "sensitive" has led to an utter failure sexually and in relationships...

To explain simply... I took that approach with my last relationship... which ended in divorce...

After 10 yrs when push ever came to shove I was expected to give in, play the role of bumbling guy like every sitcom on TV, she always knew best...etc etc...

Now...

Single again, I have remembered to be a real JERK

And when I go out women Love me and want me... the EX is infinitely nicer to me and has respect and even seems to be considering wanting me back

When I say jerk.... btw I don't mean that in a negative way...

But Jerk like a Guy, Cocky, insensitive unless really important, in control, abrasive to other men and even other women that butt their noses in, in control of my money, unwilling to bend when I have made a clear decision in any regard...

MOST women still want this...

A Man, Strong, In Control, Un-waivering in Morals or ways, Paying for her, making her feel safe... Cocky, Confident.... who won't bend or come running or give in to threats and tantrums...

A guy being sensitive i.e. kissing a woman's Butt... will get nowhere....EVER

There is a HUGE difference between being allowed to work or learn

and being forced to above children and family...

Most women are just as unhappy as Men this way...

For 10 years I listened to, My Career, my life, my goals from a woman...

At child 2 overnight it became... why can't you do all the work? I hate my career, I hate you....

ME and every other divorced guy my age I know....same EXACT STORY

Gave everything... and when the woman got older she didn't want sensitivity she wanted to quit her Job and be treated like a WOMAN

NOT SAYING ALL WOMEN....

It would be a loss to the world to loose the minds and what we accomplished...

But I am saying Most women, don't want Career and Kids in tandem or find that it sucks when they do, they end up.... Sexually and Economically longing for a Man... DO NOT Find SENSITIVITY Sexy when it's 24/7 in a guy

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LAUGHING-CAT

Hetero sexual men can and are allowed to do nothing flamboyant that shows them in a sexy manner or looking good.... you have the Suit and the jeans and T-shirt...

Homosexuals have made fashion a wrong doing to hetero sexual men...

which in essence makes us weaker and on the defensive to even Gay guys...

Masculinity is definitely in a major crisis

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Personally i want there to be 1 single gender period.

I think eventually this will happen.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Good luck with that!

Frankly... Chicks with pricks really isn't that big of a trend beyond the OMG reaction...

All respect to your desires, this is a free country and a free forum...

But I highly doubt your dream will ever come true... it will remain where it is...a kinky novelty and uncommon form of self expression

Nothing against it... honestly (for others)

I just don't see any major growth in the trend beyond a small percentile

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Close but not quite. We still want our men to look at us like we are the only female in the world and when we are out in public from them to have a sense of pride for having us by their side. And yes as bad as it sounds we want to know we have some power of them to get them to do what we want using sex, but more than that we would rather them do those things because they want to make us happy. At the same time we want the strong macho men. A man who wants to provide for and protect his family. A man who isn't afraid to get his hands dirty.
One thing I have learned about abusive men, after being in an abusive relationship then doing the research to make sure that NEVER happens again, is that abusive men are to afraid to duke it out with other men. They really are afraid of their own shadow, so they take it out on woman to feel powerful. I think the way things are going is only going to bring a rise to domestic violence, not cure it. Abuse statistics would decline if more men knew who to be men, but with all these absent fathers, young boys aren't being taught how to be men. Well, I guess some are, because their mothers have had to become "the man."

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Lol I like the idea behind that.
I disagree with it though. Real men walk around balls-out.

WARNING: BALLS

ballsout jeans

[edit on 12-12-2009 by heyo]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Fixed it for ya.

OOps you already did, but I'll leave it just the same.

[edit on 12-12-2009 by calstorm]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I LOVE the ad! I read it to my husband and he responded as if he took offense to it but claims he isn't offended, he just thinks it's stupid and said he wasn't "going to get into it" with me - something usually reserved for political discussions. As I type I'm watching him go back to playing his XBOX-360 and his demeanor is very different than it was prior to me reading the ad to him. He is visibly annoyed.

We DO need "men" and we DO need them to go back to wearing the pants. Screw feminism. Women should be home, not necessarily barefoot and pregnant - there are just too many adorable shoes out there to give up wearing them - but if they make the choice to bring a child into this world they damn well better RAISE the child rather than pawn them off on a nanny or daycare so that they can "have it all". You can't have it all. You can have 1/2 of things or 1/4, 1/8, etc. but you can't be a Mom 100% AND a career woman 100% and our children DESERVE to have Mom's at home at least until they start school. Until men step up and go back to the role of MEN and providers, children will continue to be cheated of the childhood that they need and deserve.

I agree with this ad 110%. As a matter of fact, I'm SO smitten with this ad and so disturbed by my husbands reaction I may run to the store to buy him a few pairs of dockers!

Jemison

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

I basically agree...

But I think things are as they are.... because men are Made to be afraid to fight...

Yeah sure... if you go out on Friday night and another man hits on your woman and you CAN'T stand up to him, sure...you drift to controlling the Woman...

Absolutely correct!

But in the past this was the territory of cowardly men...

Today this is LAW, you go to jail...

You are stuck between being a THUG, which any guy with a brain knows, sure...play it like a Man you win...but then go to JAIL where you do not raise your kids nor have any woman at all...

Vs

Play it safe and still be unattractive and weak...

Men being unable to fight without Jail time is a horrific situation... there is simply no capacity to both defend and care for a family in tandem other than avoidance, leading a life where you and the Missus stare at the TV every night

So I agree, your 100% dead on, yes, Men will go after control of the woman's behavior when they Fear fighting other men....

But I have been put in that situation... where fighting means loosing your family too...

It's quite a crap thing and place to be actually... unless you like Loose, Loose situations... lol

Sadly... I am quite sure and certain, there are only 2 responses to such a legal situation...

1: go along with it and exist and try to be happy

2: become quite a nefarious dangerous person in order to secure what you want... i.e. do things to a much greater degree of aggression, be a manipulator, be silent...don't confront your enemies but rather deal with them otherwise legally or illegally... so it never comes back to haunt you...

What i'm saying is...with real MEN placed under such restrictions of NORMAL Mammalian behavior...

What you get in response is... what we have...

The weak end, the abusers, the failed, the defeated, the child molesters, the sheep.... as 98% on one reaction/response to this condition

and 2% of those willing to become sociopaths in order to survive...

i.e. A society in which 98% Sheep men are controlled by 2% Sociopaths

i.e. America

The Joke of it being, women still have no major say or part in any of it despite figure heads being launched through the media

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

Amen sis! Even when I was married I was pulling twice the weight, just like all working moms. Men still get off light in a two working parent home, because when they insist they need to chill out for a few, and make the transition from work to home. With moms, you walk in the door beat from work and you have to get the kids situated start on dinner, help with homework, eat, clean up, finish up home work get the kids bathed and ready for bed. You throw in a load of laundry, tuck the kids in and fight because at least one doesn't want to go to bed, you realize you should probably fold the laundry before it gets wrinkled, but you say screw, "I'll just leave 'em in the dryer and run it for 10 minutes tomorrow to get the wrinkles out." Your feet ache and your your eyes burn from fatigue, but your spouse wants some, and you get accused of being frigged because you are dead exhausted knowing at least one of the kids will wake up in the middle of the night and you are already dreading going to work exhausted in the morning.
I'm sure millions of working moms could tell the same story.
I really hate those feminists who did this to their fellow women.
My grandmother was a pioneer in the feminist moment, her kids ended up strung out on drugs in the 60's (my mother included) because she was to busy climbing the corporate ladder at JPL to raise them properly. Its her biggest regret. I was her second chance. Thankfully she had learned from her mistakes by the time I came around.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

That's exactly the point I was trying to make. You cut off a mans balls with these laws, us women are the ones who suffer.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I think your wrong there, both sexes are changing, and science will catch up one day.

I think one day the world will be alot different than today, lol.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join