It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Once apon a time men wore the pants and wore them well.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
This is an awesome ad!

It summes up all of the problems of the world today. I'm sure this company will have hell to pay at the hands of the feminests and gays.

I am glad someone is willing to take the stand against the feminisation of men today, even if they are doing it just to sell some khakis.

Once apon a time men wore the pants and wore them well. Women rarely had to open doors and little old ladies never crossed the street alone. Men took charge because it's what they did. But somewhere along the line, the world decided it no longer needed men. Disco by disco, latte by foamy non-fat latte, men were left stripped of their khakis and left stranded on the road between boyhood and androgyny. But today, there are questions our genderless society has no answers for. The world sits ildy by as cities crumble, children misbehave and those little old ladies remain on the side of the street. For the first time since bad guys, we need heroes. We need grown-ups. We need men to put down the plastic fork, step away from the salad bar and untie the world from the tracks of complacency. It's time to get your hands dirty. It's time to answer the call of manhood. IT'S TIME TO WEAR PANTS.

Dockers add

Edit for spelling

[edit on 11-12-2009 by FortAnthem]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
That's hilarious really, if you think back to their crotch-view commercials of yesteryear. They feminized a generation. Those ads just made me want to go beat up yuppies.
Kidding aside, maybe they will start another trend. This one will be much more welcome than the last, at least by my generation.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Pretty gutsy for a Docker's ad... I wonder how that will go over with the public? Shall be interesting to see the responses, in general.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Dogdish

I concur and I also believe we share that generation, maybe. Everyone in general is too damn'd sensitive anymore. Back in the old days from what I understand, at school if there was a problem you would duke it out, shake and get over it. Now if you had a fight in school you would be detained, sent to juvy, criminal record...etc. A week or so ago I read a kid got arrested for a food fight... was the cafeteria food really that dangerous? I will look it up to prove it happened if I have to.
The image of men is failing! We are powerless. One of the few reasons I drown my thoughts lol.

Great post, amusing! S&F

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Choiseul
reply to post by Dogdish

A week or so ago I read a kid got arrested for a food fight... was the cafeteria food really that dangerous? I will look it up to prove it happened if I have to.

I remember seeing a thread about that a few weeks ago. You have to remember, it was school cafateria food so, yes, it was that dangerous. Although, it would have been even more dangerous if the kids had actually eaten it.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
resurrect chivalry!!!

i'm all for it!

no chauvinism
just chivalry

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

to me this seems kind of ironic....

when i think of guys in khakis...i think of nancy boys.

in school i had the choice of khaki slacks or black slacks, and opted for the black because the khaki were too..i dont know..it j ust didnt sit well with me...despite the fact they looked better with the rest of the uniform.

manly wear is blue jeans. never khakis.

but i like the sentiment they present. im all for men being more sensitive then they were in yesteryear,(this is from remembering how my grandfather was, and interacting with older men..i'm sure everyone understands what i mean) but manicures and eye brow waxes...no sir.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

I agree, khakis do seem a little girly to me.

Unfortunately, jeans have been usurped by the gay rights movement;

Gay Blue Jeans Day, alternatively National Gay Blue Jeans Day or just Gay Jeans Day is a celebration frequently advertised on college campuses in the United States in coordination with World AIDS Day, Gay Equality Day, Gay Pride Week, or National Coming Out Day. Students are encouraged to wear jeans on a particular day to communicate their support of gay rights.

Real men can't have anything to call their own anymore.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2
manly wear is blue jeans. never khakis.

well, what about dickies?

pun intended.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Manly Khakis=Dickies and Ben Davis!!!

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I guess I will be trading my jeans in for a stock of kilts.

or would that be anti productive?

and dickies i second what inquiring mind said...although the khaki color is still suspect.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2
I guess I will be trading my jeans in for a stock of kilts.

or would that be anti productive?

NO!

kilts are kool
heh heh

definitely manly, imo

Sean Connery:

Orson Welles:

alas, there IS an exception to every rule:

and dickies i second what inquiring mind said...although the khaki color is still suspect.

yeah, navy blue might be better

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

(referring to the prince)

ooo...i've never seen a man look that non straight

ever

and i hang around gay guys...

yikes...

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Last time I checked, no one stopped a man from working on a car or learning how to shoot a deer.

Darn it, don't we miss those gold ol' days where women were thought to stupid to be allowed to study science and fathers only aknowledged their children when they had to beat them into submission.

Just for the record. I , nor have my friends, have ever told a male they couldn't open the door for us.
This is actually a rumor going around to attack feminism.

If your masculinity is tied up in being able to open doors for women, femininity isn't the problem.

And men need to stop confusing that women gaining power and strength means that men are getting weaker.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

While I do see the extremes in this ad, I have, under numerous occasions, been told by women that opening the door for them is offensive. I simply nod, smile, and shut it on them. But I'm also a person who's mother raised him right, and holds the door for anyone. Sometimes I open it, and step aside, definitely for females and elderly, sometimes for other males, and for males, i at least walk thru and hold the door from there until they reach it.

Chivalry. That's how I live. And it extends to everyone.

Also, working on a car or learning how to shoot a deer does not a man make.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Here are just a short search list of articles on the medical problems caused by too tight jeans, mostly women, but there are also articles saying tight jeans are the number one cause of low sperm count in men, (most likely it's the estrogen in our drinking water due to the use of birth control pills instead of keeping your legs closed until marriage, there's a reason why we civilized humans have an inborn desire to marry virgins, (yeah, I always wanted to marry someone else's discard,) hint, 4000 years old Jewish birth control, 1 tbsp. olive oil with 1 tsp. lemon juice, (you know what to do with it, right?) viola! no preggie, anyway, have some pride and stop wearing pants that hurt you and make real men sick! (I don't want to see the outline of your private parts, it's discusting). And stop dressing your 5 year old daughter like a prostitute!

I have personally (unfortunately) heard the 12 year girl that lives next door to me SCREAM at the top of her lungs twice in the last year,"I HATE MY CAMEL-TOE", I wanted to say something to her parents, but I figure they would probably say I'm a pervert for "Hearing IT", PSYCHO WORLD! PSYCHO WORLD! YOUR ALL CRAZY! LEAVE ME ALONE!

cbs11tv.com...

www.jeansinfo.org...

www.stylelist.com...

Pant/Slacks are for MEN, Dresses are for WOMEN! Get It Right!

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keymaster1
Here are just a short search list of articles on the medical problems caused by too tight jeans, mostly women, but there are also articles saying tight jeans are the number one cause of low sperm count in men, (most likely it's the estrogen in our drinking water due to the use of birth control pills instead of keeping your legs closed until marriage, there's a reason why we civilized humans have an inborn desire to marry virgins, (yeah, I always wanted to marry someone else's discard,) hint, 4000 years old Jewish birth control, 1 tbsp. olive oil with 1 tsp. lemon juice, (you know what to do with it, right?) viola! no preggie, anyway, have some pride and stop wearing pants that hurt you and make real men sick! (I don't want to see the outline of your private parts, it's discusting). And stop dressing your 5 year old daughter like a prostitute!

I have personally (unfortunately) heard the 12 year girl that lives next door to me SCREAM at the top of her lungs twice in the last year,"I HATE MY CAMEL-TOE", I wanted to say something to her parents, but I figure they would probably say I'm a pervert for "Hearing IT", PSYCHO WORLD! PSYCHO WORLD! YOUR ALL CRAZY! LEAVE ME ALONE!

cbs11tv.com...

www.jeansinfo.org...

www.stylelist.com...

Pant/Slacks are for MEN, Dresses are for WOMEN! Get It Right!

not too sure what to say...but the last sentence is kinda...no totally backwards....

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I really like this thread! My family and I are always discussing this problem, and I remember when the other night Sean Hannity had Steven Seagal on, and he brought this very issue up with him.

I think that people need to also watch some Clint Eastwood flicks to learn a thing or two about being a "Man". I remember in "Gran Torino" he really put a bunch of punks in their place for not acting like Men, and we need more of those messages in our society.

Even Ahmad Shah Massoud, when abandoned for the second time by our Nation pre-9/11 (In Afghanistan), quite blatantly asked: "Are there no MEN left in your Country"?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Fair enough, you are generalizing as much as the ad and a few normal thoughts so I will not get too touchy with the subject. In all reality the normal male figure is a bit more feminist at this day and age. Sure, we hunt and all like we used to but..hmm... I can't speak for all men. Only for myself so this is irrelevant then. Chivalry is not dead, but it is discouraged and ignored by the populace. Its all about association now-a-days more than before.

Too bad we couldn't get Clint Eastwood to comment on this one

Cheers!

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Choiseul
reply to post by Dogdish

I concur and I also believe we share that generation, maybe. Everyone in general is too damn'd sensitive anymore. Back in the old days from what I understand, at school if there was a problem you would duke it out, shake and get over it. Now if you had a fight in school you would be detained, sent to juvy, criminal record...etc. A week or so ago I read a kid got arrested for a food fight... was the cafeteria food really that dangerous? I will look it up to prove it happened if I have to.
The image of men is failing! We are powerless. One of the few reasons I drown my thoughts lol.

Great post, amusing! S&F

I actually admired Russell Crowe for speaking up on that issue as well. He once became highly irritated at a Hotel employee in the United States, so he a flung a phone at him. They attempted to press all kinds of charges against him as a result, but Crowe worked out a deal with the employee and I believe that the charges were dropped. He later commented however on how carried away the idea of "Pressing Charges" has become, and he said that growing up in Australia, if you got into a scrap with a "bloke", you would later shake on it and buy the guy a beer.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join