It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opinions needed on 2 pics...What do you think it is?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I have a several pictures of Indian petroglyphs, which I have gleaned off the Internet over time. A couple weeks ago I was looking at this one and needed to zoom in closer to see the markings more clearly. Upon doing so, I notice the highlighted figure hidden in the corner of the rock. I have been trying to figure out what it might be, but am at a loss. Have any of you ever seen anything like this before?

This second image may be an optical illusion, but it gave me the creeps when I noticed, what looks like shadow people on the face of the rock. At first I thought it was just my imagination but I asked a couple of other people and they saw it too, so I wanted to see what you guys though about it.

mrq

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Not sure really, but in that first pic, my first impression is that of a cobra.
Otherwise, no idea.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
maybe cuz i just had some wine with dinner...but I swear that looks like the reptilian alien type creature everyone is always talking about.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The first one does look like a cobra yep....The second one...Looks like Ozzy Osbourne....I wish I had my Paintshop program on this computer cause I could show ya. LOL

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
maybe cuz i just had some wine with dinner...but I swear that looks like the reptilian alien type creature everyone is always talking about.

It definitely has a reptilian body but the head looks like a pig or dog (or something else with a snout). The hooded cobra might fit too,but the figure is in Parowan Gap, Utah. I don't think cobras are indigenous to that area, though I could be wrong.

mrq

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Found this info (below) at:
linky

""Parowan Gap
Parowan Gap has two features of distinction, one natural, one man-made. The pass near Parowan is a classic example of a wind gap, an unusual geological landform marking where an ancient river has cut a 600-foot-deep notch through the Red Hills.
Secondly, the gap is a nationally recognized extravaganza of petroglyphs--a superb "gallery" of Native American rock art. Here one can witness what is at least a 1,000 year accumulation of art work pecked into the rock. Geometric designs, images of lizards, snakes, mountain sheep, bear claws and human figures adorn the smooth canyon walls of the pass.
These features, set amidst the vast panoramas of the Escalante Desert make for a fascinating getaway located just a few miles off the interstate mainstream. ""

But if I had to guess, I'd agree that cobras aren't native to that area

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
i see a cow's head...well sort of
and if you keep staring at it, you sort see a teenage mutant ninja turtle head.

I truly think those ancient people were trying to depict the reptilian aliens.
Mrq's post said they depicted humans and other creatures, so the people certainly knew the difference among the animals.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
If I had not read your thread I would not have made the connection. I wasn't even looking. This is from a book called...Cloak of the Illuminati by William Henry

Notice the refrence to the worm-like creature.

Thousands of years ago the stargate technology of the gods was lost. Mayan Prophecy says it will return by 2012, concurrent with our alignment with the center of our galaxy. This will bring the birth of a new matrix and a new human. We are its elders.

By 2012 a super human will walk the earth. This figure will wear the Cloak of the Illuminati, a super skin that combines four 21st century Power tools (genes, bits, neurons and atoms) with an astounding supernatural power. It holds the key to human's spiritual liberation. Joshua, Moses Nimrod, Mari, Nebuchadnezzar, Jesus, Mary Magdalene and all the alchemists of old knew the secrets of the Cloak of the Illuminati and became Mighty Men who performed miracles. Each of them knew the stargate secrets of the Illuminati: scaling the gateways to other realms. How did they do it? Will you?

Join William as he cracks the code of the Illuminati legends that feature a Pillar of Life and a Serpent by examining a mysterious temple in Nashville. He presents ancient images depicting the Pillar of Life as a Power Tool and the Serpent as a symbol for a stargate or wormhole. Learn Illuminati secrets of combing the power of heaven and earth using the human body as a Power Tool. Unleash your power!

Excerpt:
Pp. 17-19

Two groups of seven stars vied for attention in the ancient world. The Pleiades, also called the Hathors, and the constellation Ursa Major the Great Bear (Arktos), otherwise known as the Big Dipper or Meru. Both constellations have important Tennessee connections.

In East Tennessee the Cherokee oral tradition related by Dhyani Ywahoo, a twenty-seventh generation Cherokee, tells a story whose elements are by now familiar to us. It tells how the first Cherokee came from the Pleiades (which the Egyptians called "the Khem" and the Greeks called "the Atlantides"). The first spark of individuated mind came from there as well. From the Void came a Creator Being who first appeared as a universal tone that was a also a light. The first beings to emerge from this light were called tla (which stands for Tula) beings or "thought beings." Star Woman fell to Earth, opening the way for the star beings to appear.

There were twelve tribes in all, each coalescing along twelve vortices or holes in the Earth. These original twelve tribes were called the Tsalagi Nation. Each nation handled a particular vortex and a particular responsibility.

These twelve vortexes are astonishingly similar to Plato's description of the "True" Earth as a 12-angled pyramid with each angle representing a "hole" or vortex. The Egyptians claimed a worm-like creature named Chnoubis was the guardian of this 12-angled pyramid. Correspondingly, Cherokee mythology related by James Mooney tells of a great snake called Uk-Tena who was as large around as a tree trunk, with horns on its head, and a bright blazing crest like a diamond upon its forehead, and scales glittering like sparks of fire." This diamond in his forehead was described as a large transparent crystal that contained enormous spiritual power that could work miracles. The Cherokee claim that Uktena's crystals were actual artifacts that preserved sacred knowledge. In fact, Cherokee religion appears to be structured around their knowledge of Quartz crystal.

The sky is the limit on the potential of this knowledge. For instance, our modern computer industry is based upon our knowledge of Quartz crystal and its ability to augment, store, amplify and transmit information. The grid or matrix of Earth is largely composed of crystal.

Was Wallace referring to East Tennessee, home of the Cherokee (and the world's first nuclear reactor)?

Or, is there another possible (equally phenomenal) location in Tennessee? Astonishingly, there is. Nashville.

In Arab tradition, Ursa Major was called Na'ash or Nash, the Great Coffin. The dual definition emerges from the phonetic and vibrational similarity of the words bear (arktos) and bier or coffin/casket (the root of birth).
Another name for these seven stars is Meru.

The Arab association of the word Nash with a coffin is stunning when it is realized that Nash-ville, Tennessee is a giant Indian graveyard, a great coffin!
In Indians and Artifacts In the Southeast, Bert W. Bierer writes, "A considerable portion of the city of Nash-ville has been built over an extensive Indian graveyard." He further says, "The ancient burial grounds on the banks of Nashville's Cumberland River, in 1844, extended more than a mile along the river."

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 01:39 AM
link   
the first picture reminded me instantly of the dinosaur 'Cera', from the cartoon LAND BEFORE TIME......
I am clueless as to the other pic, but sure I think I see a shadowy looking person there......
I visit Parawan Gap like 4 times a year, and can tell you for a fact NO COBRAS! yes we get rattlesnakes in these parts but NO to cobras. We get black bears and mountain lions but NO COBRAS.........

Honestly I believe the first one to be just an anomolly in the stone, a natural breakaway and rock fall...for petroglyphs (painted stone surfaces)and pictographs (pecked INTO the stone surface)are VERY PURPOSEFULL......they are out lined and obvious......not like something you wonder at......this COBRA looking thing, IF had been done on purpose, would be way MORE obvious than it is.
In my rock art searches and hikes(going on 25 years now, I am no amature), I have seen SO MANY things looking like a little Alien, or a fairey, or some otherworldly creature that are just NATURAL formations in the sand stone.

[Edited on 23-5-2004 by theRiverGoddess]

mrq

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
So....no cobras, then?

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 01:55 AM
link   
LMAO .......no cobras.........got yer garden snakies, but NO COBRAS

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by energy_wave

These twelve vortexes are astonishingly similar to Plato's description of the "True" Earth as a 12-angled pyramid with each angle representing a "hole" or vortex. The Egyptians claimed a worm-like creature named Chnoubis was the guardian of this 12-angled pyramid. Correspondingly, Cherokee mythology related by James Mooney tells of a great snake called Uk-Tena who was as large around as a tree trunk, with horns on its head, and a bright blazing crest like a diamond upon its forehead, and scales glittering like sparks of fire." This diamond in his forehead was described as a large transparent crystal that contained enormous spiritual power that could work miracles. The Cherokee claim that Uktena's crystals were actual artifacts that preserved sacred knowledge. In fact, Cherokee religion appears to be structured around their knowledge of Quartz crystal.
Thanks for all of the great information. I did a search for Chnoubis and I found out that it is a lionheaded serpent. Here is a picture of Chnoubis along with the Parowan Gap image:

It is quite similar and I know that several of the American Indians believed in serpent gods of various descriptions. I think it is possible that it is a representation of one of them. What struck me as strange, is that it appears to be carved out, like a statue. I have never seen anything like it in any other petroglyph image. I thought it might be a natural formation of the rock, but it just looks too much like an it was made by hand.

Any thoughts on the second picture? Look closely at it, especially towards the bottom, where the clearest figure's legs pass off one rock and onto the other. It seems like a shadow but there is no one to cast it and upon closer inspection, you can see that it isn't really a shadow. I have no idea what else it could be though. Have any of you ever seen anything like this before?

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
That second picture is a little strange. I am highly skeptical, however I notice several things.
1. This shadow isn't being cast from somewhere outside the picture because you can't see any of it on the ground. The figure casting the shadow would have to be right in front of the wall for it to be like that. Of course you could argue for a doctored photo, but it wasn't you who doctored it, and i'll explain why in a few moments.

2. The sun appears to be behind the wall and to the left, so NOTHING should be casting shadows on this wall.

3.The shadows have holes which make it evident (or create the illusion?) that these figures are actually on the wall. In fact they seem further relieved than the wall, as if they were a flat screen that a jut in the wall could project through. To me that sounds like a 2 dimensional figure

4. Your drawing misses details of the shadow. If you had faked this your details would be better. Notice what appear to be spokes coming off of a rounded piece of aparrel around the main shadows shoulders, as if he were wearing some sort of framed costume with some sort of adornments.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
That second picture is a little strange. I am highly skeptical, however I notice several things.
1. This shadow isn't being cast from somewhere outside the picture because you can't see any of it on the ground. The figure casting the shadow would have to be right in front of the wall for it to be like that. Of course you could argue for a doctored photo, but it wasn't you who doctored it, and i'll explain why in a few moments.

2. The sun appears to be behind the wall and to the left, so NOTHING should be casting shadows on this wall.

3.The shadows have holes which make it evident (or create the illusion?) that these figures are actually on the wall. In fact they seem further relieved than the wall, as if they were a flat screen that a jut in the wall could project through. To me that sounds like a 2 dimensional figure

4. Your drawing misses details of the shadow. If you had faked this your details would be better. Notice what appear to be spokes coming off of a rounded piece of aparrel around the main shadows shoulders, as if he were wearing some sort of framed costume with some sort of adornments.

As far as I know the picture has not been doctored. I got it from a rock art image gallery. There is no mention made of the figures, on the page, so I don't know if they even noticed them.

The holes in the image are what threw me as well. They are what made me notice that the figure was more than just a shadow.

Could a recess in the rock cause this type of illusion? That's the only other explanation I can think of.

The picture I made out of this was just an abstract. I made it when I was trying to determine if I really was seeing what I thought I was. I added it on here, with the original, so the figures in question would be more clear to those looking at it. In the original photo, the "man" looks like a warrior of some type (to me anyways).

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
It looks like both images are exact duplicates.
They look like a dog to me with a long snout.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
pic 1

I can't see anything in the high lighted area. Sorry, not much help there.

pic 2

What makes you think its not just a shadow from someone else at the site.

In fact, it looks like there are possibly four shadows, at first glance anyway. The left most two are indistinct tho, and may or may not be shadows. The central one, which is also in the left of the enhanced images, -really- looks like a shadow, and the features at its base seem like the don't line up with the rest, perhaps an effect of the shadow being projected on to two surfaces at different depths. The right most one, with the 'x' like figure in its center, however, looks like it has a weird headress and doesn't have any of those distortions, and also seems like a strange position for a person to be in, so it might just be the original artwork.

Hope that helps.

top topics

join