It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is "EUC" (Emergency Unemployment Compensation)?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I saw this phrase on Market Ticker today:

market-ticker.denninger.net...

Steve's claim - that there is no such thing as "emergency" unemployment benefits - is just plain BS.

Rick Santelli is exactly correct:

States reported 4,178,780 persons claiming EUC (Emergency Unemployment Compensation) benefits for the week ending Nov. 21, an increase of 327,729 from the prior week. There were 729,256 claimants in the comparable week in 2008. EUC weekly claims include first, second, and third tier activity.

I didn't find much data on this on the bls.gov site.

The dol.gov site (I hadn't heard of this site before), lists 4.1 Million Emergency Unemployment Compensation for November 21, 2009 as compared to 729,256 the year before.

Wow. 4.1 Million unemployed not accounted for!

There are 15.4 Million (15.375) unemployed of a labor force of 153.8 Million labor force according to the BLS site here: ftp.bls.gov... . That works out to 10% (9.98) unemployment.

Add that 4.1 Million to the 15.4 Million and that's 19.5 Million unemployed. With a labor force of 153.8 Million, the unemployment rate is in reality 12.7% !!! (12.678)

Boy, did the government ever pull the wool over our eyes.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by Dbriefed]

[edit on 11-12-2009 by Dbriefed]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
On the bright side, some states are doing better. California, for one, is improving. "the largest decreases were in California (-28,672), Texas (-9,519), North Carolina (-8,873), Florida (-7,214), and Illinois (-6,610)."
per their report referenced above.

I think the EUC is referring to the money loaned by the Fed to the States for their UI benefits, as the States are falling behind. California was $4b behind a month or so ago.

Some compare this to the numbers for the Great Depression. However, we can't be sure if the government was or was not spinning the numbers back then, too. Tough to compare any statistics when you can't trust the GAO or other government bodies with truthful analysis.

I hope integrity comes back.

My theory is that when they started getting faith out of government, they started removing the integrity. Now, you see people more and more not working for the common good, but for their own personal greed.

Do you guys think a democracy like ours can survive without God in it? Just wondering what your opinions were. Seems like Russia, at startup as a democracy (and even now) has been having the same problem, in my opinion.

[edit on 12/11/2009 by Jim Scott]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
On the bright side, some states are doing better. California, for one, is improving. "the largest decreases were in California (-28,672), Texas (-9,519), North Carolina (-8,873), Florida (-7,214), and Illinois (-6,610)."
per their report referenced above.

Seems those decreases in California and North Carolina were shuffled to the long term unemployed.

www.dol.gov...
The largest increases in initial claims for the week ending Dec. 5 were in California (+28,358), Georgia (+19,454), North Carolina (+18,500), Pennsylvania (+17,372), and New York (+16,344), while the largest decreases were in Kansas (-3,803), Kentucky (-2,048), Idaho (-979), Iowa (-917), and Puerto Rico (-892).

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott

My theory is that when they started getting faith out of government, they started removing the integrity. Now, you see people more and more not working for the common good, but for their own personal greed.

Do you guys think a democracy like ours can survive without God in it? Just wondering what your opinions were.

Jim

The Government subscribe to a God , its just not the God that you

recognize. Their God comes in Denominations , on green backs.

And NONE of us are invited to their Church.

new topics

top topics

join