It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think the Holy Grail really is?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Is there actually anything in the Bible about the holy grail?

Im sure I read somewhere that the Holy Grail was just created by someone as a myth and it got perpetuated so much that eventually it got integrated into Christianity or whatever.... just asking.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   
It is just a fictional object created by an overzealous religious person hudreds of years ago.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I have no idea what the grail could be, but I am sure it is important for some reason for people to have been looking for it for so long. As for Jesus and Mary, I have an off the wall theory. Them being married would not be strange in those days it would have been expected, so why hide it. BUT I believe that God is not male or female but is both. So, if he wanted to create man in his own image he would split it and create man and woman. We need each other to survive. Therefore, if he were to have a child there would have to be a boy and a girl. SO maybe Mary is his sister. Now that would be something to hide. Women in those days and now in most places are supposed to be under men not equals. I think that might be why the catholic church burned most of the books that were supposed to be in the bible.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I personaly belive the holy grail is some type of transportational device, like it can morph a person or object to a diffrent domain.

Hitler also was suppose to be searching for that thing, why?

Indeed the object is suppose to be a Grail of some sort but translators always mess up words when they translate stuff a possibility of a wrong description of it must have been made.

HOLY GRAIL---- maybe its (G)OD's RAIL as like I said a transporter to the hevens,but don't mind me this is just my opinion....

Maybe it's not even a grail as a bowl...Holy is suppose to come from the word "Holly" which is a type of tree and it's what magic wands are suppose
to be made of.... note: the magic of "HOLLY WOOD"

If you look at those drawings in egypts book of the dead, there is several pics of men with staff, infact these staff were shown it that movie stargate as being wepons, maybe the Holy Grail is a magic wand, my next opinion..

Then again.......
It must be a very complex item and maybe for the best intrest of man it shouldn't be found.

But trust me if I had found it, I myself wouldn't tell you's...lol

for maybe it's a key, a key which unlocks the doors to hell?

the PARADORA BOX's key,( maybe it is actually in the Vatican and they are holding it for the return of the lord?

Hmmmmm.... I think that's gotta be it, I hope I don't get wacked now by the Illuminaties because I reveal the secret...ooops

whatever it is it has to contain some mystical powers

[edit on 21-11-2004 by 2ndSEED]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toelint

Frankly, I think the Grail is the plate used to serve the Pascal Lamb at the last supper. That would be the plate setting in front of Jesus in the painting.

If I were to go off looking for the Holy Grail today, I'd concentrate on the Abbey at Glastonbury. (founded by Joseph) or the Rennes du Chateu in France. (Where Mary ended up)

yep, a plate would be a easy to survive, transport, religious artifact-relic or religious icon. This round plate(grail) could also be the secretive meaning of
the 'halo' round about pious persons' heads in reverent paintings.

seeing as many if not all the 'faithful' have a real need to reinforce their 'beliefs' with
real material things; chips from the cross, shroud of Turin, bone fragments of innumberable 'Saints'...all types/sorts of relics-artifacts-icons which are nothing more than 'marketing gimmics' given reverence & respect by the masses of faithful...at the urging of the clerical elites.
The idea of a Holy Grail was probably concieved by a ordinary but pious monk, somewhere, then over time taken over by the elites at the vatican--embellished, given a wider definition (to encourage interest) and then put into the "we cannot confirm nor deny" category....

thus giving even more credibility to the notion that Vatican City Catacombs hide much...thus perpetuating the elite clerics' hold on that mass of humanity, they call the belivers & faithful (ie. continual revenue source)

^^
Then, on the counter-point, theres' the controversy on grail- meaning bloodline - as an alternative to the material relic idea....which automatically becomes anti-church thinking thus gaining a audience share, which more than a few have been adept at exploiting (call it freedom/enlightenment).

In my opinion, the grail meme, is a miracle marketing scheme ...

^^

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Try and think about this from a logical point of view, Jesus had a family, There was Joseph and Mary, Mary's parents were Anna and Joachim, Joseph obviously had parents also, Joseph of Arimathea was a relative of Jesus (his brother James). The High kings of Tara in Ireland are also decended from Judean royalty which fled in exile in 500BC, hence the presence in Scotland today of the Stone of Destiny.

Why is it inconceivable that his family continued on ?, that the Judean royal family continued to live in exile?, is it more likely that they all died without a trace, or that Jesus was an alien, or that the Holy Grail was mystical kitchenware?

I personally believe that it is far more "anti religous" to deny the possibility that Jesus had a family and was a real person, than it is to accept that he was. How little faith has someone in Jesus that they don't even beleive he had a family like every other person. To deny him his humanity is about the most anti religious position anyone could take...

[edit on 23-11-2004 by Flange Gasket]

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 02:47 AM
link   
People, I think it is time for one of our scholars to pick up the ball and start a Holy Grail Research Forum! May I suggest some guidelines?

1. The Holy Grail and the Bloodline of Jesus are two VERY SEPARATE AND DISTINCT avenues. We can research both, BUT the point of the research is to find something and say, "Hey, this is the Grail!" If that thing happens to be a person who can prove he is a descendant of Jesus, COOL! If it is a relic that we can show off to the world, ALSO COOL!

2. The keyword is FOCUS. It is one thing to reference Arthurian legend and the Bible. It�s a very different thing to say, �Heck, all we need to do is find Camelot.� Do you get my point?

3. Again, the keyword is FOCUS. Don�t bring up Aliens unless you�re willing to produce one holding the Grail. Don�t bring up Atlantians unless he is willing to do the same.

Any others? Come on folks, pitch in!

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 03:36 AM
link   
The Divici Code was taken from a book Called Holy Blood, Holy Grail.
Author: Michael Baigent � Richard Leigh � Henry Lincoln

they started the book by tracing the word Grail which goes back to very old German and literaly means Blood as in Holy Blood. The Holy Blood line of Jesus.

If you want to understand what the Grail is and where this Idea of Jesus blood line comes from Read This book it WILL change everything you believe about the Roman Catholic Church and about who and what Jesus was.

The Truth is but a lie that every one believes today!

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Totally...

I own Holy Blood,Holy Grail as well, awesome book...

In the same vein is Bloodline of the Holy Grail by Laurence Gardiner - 'Prior of the Celtic Church's Sacred Kindred of Columba and amongst other things Presidential Attache to the European Coucil of Princes'.

This Book has royal geneologies that go back over two thousand years, linking all the royalty in Europe to each other and Judean Royalty of the Post Babylon era.

The Sangreal, the Holy Blood...

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   

What do you think the Holy Grail really is?

A figment of imagination...

As for the writings, as many have pointed out, it was about the bloodline of Jesus...which is why you see the records being kept in France, as that is where either he, or his close descendents, went eventually...

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Yes, Under Nero both the Judeans and the Idumeans were persecuted, Mary Magdelene ended up living on the Herodian estates in France, with the desposed Idumean royalty. Joseph of Aramithea, went to Britain, the disciples went far and wide, from Britain to India. The Merovingian Dynasty of France traced their Lineage back to Mary Magdelene as do the Del Acqs Dynasty, synonomyous with King Aurthur, Ygerna del Acqs was his mother, Galahad was the son of Lancelot de Acqs, all decended from Viviane del Acqs, Dynastic Queen of Avalon.

[edit on 29-11-2004 by Flange Gasket]

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by comppwizz
The Divici Code was taken from a book Called Holy Blood, Holy Grail.
Author: Michael Baigent � Richard Leigh � Henry Lincoln

If you want to understand what the Grail is and where this Idea of Jesus blood line comes from Read This book it WILL change everything you believe about the Roman Catholic Church and about who and what Jesus was.

The Truth is but a lie that every one believes today!

It seems to me that there are always two sides to every story and in my experience, when something is presented that challenges convincingly what one believes, you simply cannot accept it at face value. I would bet there are just as convincing arguments that challenge what is in this book, and lets not forget TDC is labeled fiction. I am sure it is a fascinating read, however accepting without question that any one document puts an end to a topic once and for all is no guarantee that you have found the truth.

As I have pointed out in another thread, the term Holy Blood being connected to the Grail, as originally accepted to mean the cup used at the last supper referred to what was in the cup presented by Jesus to his disciples. "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which will be shed for you." It seems a stretch to me that after saying this, a new interpretation would be so easily accepted without question by some.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
"I believe... Angels are of an Extraterrestrial Origin - from the Heavens - LITERALLY".

You are such a Sweet Heart Cassie! I considered myself such a FREAK for thinking that this could be an actual possibility - I see that I am not alone!!! "Angelos" = Messenger from the Heavens BTW.

We should Hang Out!!!

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I have always thought the Holy Grail was Christ. After all he was the vessel of and for his father. I remember an early 80's movie called "Escalibar" in which the grail was a truth. Arthur was the land and the land (England) was him.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 03:50 AM
link   
What gets me is that people would take the New Testament as truth when the original manuscripts are no long available.

I wonder what happened to them?

It seams to me the church would have taken much better care of those documents. I mean they are the words of god are they not?

Every thing the church believes in and stands for all gotten from copies?

every thing you believe is a lie no one has found out about yet

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I personally don't take the new testament literally, except for the gospell of Saint John which seems to be of different origins to the synoptic gospells and was written much earlier. I am more inclined to look at gospells from the Nag Hammadi Library, which have been preserved untouched for almost two thousand years and were only recovered in the 40's.

The Romans destroyed most of the records of the Hebrews when Jeruselem fell in 135 AD but some books and scroll remained undiscovered.

The church of which you speak (presumably catholic) didn't exist when the original gospells were written, there were many Gospells (of Mary, Thomas , Phillip and others) which over the years were removed from the new testament. In 1547 at the Council of Trento resolved just to have the four we have now...

Check out this lecture on the Bloodline of the Holy Grail,

www.karenlyster.com...

[edit on 28-11-2004 by Flange Gasket]

[edit on 28-11-2004 by Flange Gasket]

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Umm I don't know about this cup you talk about,but what that british archaeologist said is creeping me out...who the hell is he??And how tha hell does he know this? Apparently there is truth to it somewhat........don't ask..
Hey I wonder if i'll be banned like that AD56 dude heh..

[edit on 29-11-2004 by 11lux11]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I was just reading the rest of the thread...I posted my reply too fast obviously. I just want to point out something to Seraphim_S...whoever you are your avatar is luvly
she's like a god to me lol,it's kinda rare I see tori fans around anywhere..are you a Toriphile haha J/K
Btw I suppose that alien theory has some truth behind it too..I believe it too but I gotta wonder where you guys read this stuff???

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11lux11
I was just reading the rest of the thread...I posted my reply too fast obviously. I just want to point out something to Seraphim_S...whoever you are your avatar is luvly
she's like a god to me lol,it's kinda rare I see tori fans around anywhere..are you a Toriphile haha J/K
Btw I suppose that alien theory has some truth behind it too..I believe it too but I gotta wonder where you guys read this stuff???

Genesis 1 and 2 (in Hebrew) are one of the best sources of alienness (you know what it means so shut up
)

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 05:33 AM
link   
lol WHO THA FUK was talking to you son?!?
BTW I wasn't even looking for an answer to that?!?!I was wonderin' how ppl know these secrets they shouldn't know at all..

and why the hell is there an x where my avatar should be? UGH!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join