It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Mark Sanford's Wife Files For Divorce

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
nytimes.com

Jenny Sanford filed for divorce on Friday from her husband, Gov. Mark Sanford of South Carolina, who confessed in June to an affair with a woman in Argentina.

“As so many of us know, the dissolution of any marriage is a sad and painful process,” Ms. Sanford said in a statement. “Because Mark and I are public figures, we have naturally had less privacy with which to deal with our difficulties than do other couples. Indeed, I know it will soon become known, so I choose to release this brief notice that I am now filing for divorce.”

The Sanfords have been separated since shortly after he admitted the affair in a teary-eyed news conference. Although Ms. Sanford has been living at the family’s beach house on Sullivan’s Island, S.C., with her four sons, the Sanfords have said publicly that they hoped to salvage the marriage. Even Thursday, Mr. Sanford told the news media that he wanted to remain married.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

You may remember Gov. Mark Sanford, the South Carolina governor who went Missing In Action for several days last spring. When asked by frantic aides how to get in touch with him, Mrs. Sanford told them he was "hiking on the Appalachian Trail." It turned out he had flown to Argentina to see his mistress for several days and did not notify anybody of his whereabouts.

Since then, "hiking on the Appalachian Trail" has become a euphemism for hanky-panky.

I live near the S.C. border, and down here this is big news. Most people have been following the story with amusement and some with disapproval. But this comes as no real surprise to anybody.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Is it any wonder that Jenny doesn't want to live with a hypocrite that "hikes the Appalachian trail" when he should be living the life of "family values" that his party so proudly touts.

I hope Jenny takes the lyin SOB "to the cleaners"

join