It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another sky spiral spotted

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I understood what you were saying. I guess that particular trajectory, or what ever the correct technical term is for it, is better than a straight line.

If this is true when the Russians said this will keep them in the lead of nuclear deliver systems till at least 2040 they weren't kidding.

Now on a sort of off topic, but on topic speculation here, I wonder if that is why all UFO sightings they are all reported to be "spinning" maybe they aren't actually spinning but are actually doing what these could be doing, except that its so fast they just look stationary.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
In the world of the blind
the one eyed man is King.

Put into my own words it would read,

In an unexplainable world the first one to offer an explanation is a God!

There is something at play here called 'The Law of First Report' which we have all been guilty of falling victim to at some point.

Simply put, the first thing you hear on a subject is usually taken as the gospel and any others who would offer a different explanation are just plain wrong.

Think back to the last time you heard a weatherman say that the high to day was 60 degrees.
You turn the channel and hear a different weatherman say "the high today reached 65 degrees.
What do we say to ourselves???

"F ing idiot, get it right dude, it was 60 today, the other weatherman just said so"!!

Don't be guilty of falling victim to the law of first report.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

I don't know, man. I figure that if UFOs are here from offworld somewhere they have completely broken the gravitational bonds, so to speak. No need for fancy controlled, chaotic trajectories.

You know though, I'm sure I am wrong about this missile testing crap. I know nothing of physics. I just thought of the falcon.

I took the illustration provided in the other thread as the likely explanation and wondered how it could possibly be a success, rather than a failure. I'm sure more learned folks imagine it is folly.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by The Lord and Savior

Okay how about putting forth evidence and proof out there instead of just spouting a bunch of stuff trying to call all us ignorant. That would be really helpful to state your case. Right now you are just talking a bunch of non-sense that has no bearing on reality.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by queenannie38

The Russian missile launch was before dawn, from the White Sea.
The White Sea is southeast of Tromso.

The spiral was observed before dawn in the east southeast.

yes, i know
i already looked into that
but thank you, anyway

Does that increase the likelihood that the spiral was in fact produced by the missile?

increases the likelihood, certainly

however it just doesn't convince me...
...beyond the shadow of a doubt...
...simply because of the perfection of the spiral over Norway
many others seem to feel the same way, too

i have watched other failed missile spirals, in looking into this, and none of them even approach the precision of the spiral seen on the 9th.

i didn't see any with any sort of blue lights, but that's not to say it doesn't happen - however, in reading other posts on other threads, i gathered that blue isn't the color expected with the type of fuel used.

How about this:

(...)

Google Translation

no, i read all of that right at the beginning - which, for me, was around 4am MST on that same morning.

i just am not convinced, yet
i'm open to anything but not just for the sake of easy explanation

if this were so common and almost expected, then why has it never happened before in such a way to create the initial sensational reaction?
and if it is indeed the result of a failed missile launch, then it will be repeated at some point in the future, since it seems to so far be unprecedented (as far as the perfection of the spiral, as i said above)

in this day and age, cameras are everywhere yet nothing like this has ever been captured, or at least shown to the public, before.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Did the LHC was working in 1988 ?
at the same time that the chinese spiral video.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I'm assuming that the atmospheric conditions for this event were *just right* for this visual to occur. I imagine that if this had been observed either further up, or down, range then the visual wouldn't have been nearly as spectacular.

edit to add - also, the photographs were taken with a long exposure. More light was visible in the photos than would be to the naked eye... or the videos.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by JayinAR]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

True about the UFO's.

But you could be on to something here. Maybe the trajectory isn't to increase it's speed but maybe it is to throw off anti-missile defenses. It would hard for a radar to lock on to something with that crazy of a flight path.

Also I would imagine trying to program a intercept routine would be a nightmare. Honestly though your explanation of a controlled corkscrew makes the most sense seeing as how the spiral was so perfect.

I don't know, it's definitely more plausible now that I have seen evidence backing up the fact that in all likely hood there is a 99% chance it is a missile. Whether if the truth is that it failed or not I hope to never find out because before the Russians tell us that is what it was designed to do we might all be dieing in nuclear fallout.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Just as a seemingly off topic note... has anyone ever looked up at the sky in the moments between twilight and total darkness?

Ever seen a passenger jet flying way overhead in what appears to be total darkness? They illuminate like an "orb"... very bright.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
well, the spiral in four corners native american terminology means time

[edit on 11-12-2009 by DChenO]

link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

if this were so common and almost expected, then why has it never happened before in such a way to create the initial sensational reaction?
and if it is indeed the result of a failed missile launch, then it will be repeated at some point in the future, since it seems to so far be unprecedented (as far as the perfection of the spiral, as i said above)

in this day and age, cameras are everywhere yet nothing like this has ever been captured, or at least shown to the public, before.

No one has said this is common or expected. But it does happen. Exactly like this? Not that I know of but there have been several similar events recorded. Why are no two snowflakes exactly the same? Does that mean they aren't all snowflakes?

[edit on 12/11/2009 by Phage]

link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by NoDakPatriot

Aurora Borealis?
2nd line.

that was my initial impression

if so, that would indicate a change or disturbance in the Earth's magnetosphere, such as what happened in 1859

auroras were also witnessed in latitudes far south of the northern polar region a few years back but i can't recall right now when it was

i need to look it up

in the meantime, a found something of interest related to all this, perhaps:
Aurora Borealis Caused by Electrical Space Tornadoes

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DChenO
well, the spiral in four corners native american terminology means time

and/or "water"

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Have there been auroral displays exactly like the spiral? Can you post a video?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I'm assuming that the atmospheric conditions for this event were *just right* for this visual to occur. I imagine that if this had been observed either further up, or down, range then the visual wouldn't have been nearly as spectacular.

right - i was thinking about that

edit to add - also, the photographs were taken with a long exposure. More light was visible in the photos than would be to the naked eye... or the videos.

yes, i knew that, too

but in the video of the Norway spiral, it still doesn't look the same to me as in other videos of failed rockets

i wonder, too, about the blue color?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

You have good hunches. Let's face it does any country in the world now have to Test missiles, No, they don't. They know how they work for God's sake.

The thing to remember is if they start firing off anything that is too dangerous to the planet, I know for a fact, like they did before, our good ET's will be stopping them full stop, and tptb know this. It has happened countless times before. We are only still here now because of the intercession of extraterrestials being allowed in certain instances to stop things.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I'm assuming s/he is responding to my response to the person talking about this thing occuring over north america, in which I suggested the "blue flash" or green, or whatever, may have been northern lights, as it was seen over North Dakota.

It was off topic.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

"I wonder too about the blue color"...

Well, honestly, to me it looks as if the "blue streak" is an extension of what WAS a white contrail in the distance.
It was the fuel.
The spiral was something else entirely, in my estimation.
Something that was causing the rocket to wobble...... .... but to wobble in a controlled trajectory.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
here is more about unusually southern sightings of the Aurora, in more recent years.

there doesn't seem to be any CME activity going on right now:
spaceweather.com

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

"I wonder too about the blue color"...

Well, honestly, to me it looks as if the "blue streak" is an extension of what WAS a white contrail in the distance.
It was the fuel.
The spiral was something else entirely, in my estimation.
Something that was causing the rocket to wobble...... .... but to wobble in a controlled trajectory.

no, i meant in the video
the whole thing seems to start out as a blue light

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join