It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Human Auto - Have you seen this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
This looks fairly insane, but it also looks like great fun. If you had the opportunity to do it, would you? I think I'd go for it. Incredible! I guess it's called "body blading". I know it's not an "auto" but thought it belonged in this forum. I could be wrong.

www.gamaniak.com...
I think it's in the Swiss Alps.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Oh man I love this!!!! Had to call my nephews in here to watch it and they were in awe, ready to go do it!

So scary though...eeeeeek. But sign me up too, I'm ready to try.

Only one little concern. Where are the brakes on those things? He was having to contort his body quite a bit to make those U-turns.

But what a treat to watch. Good find.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
AWWESOME.

You can see he speed brakes by using sideways facing wheels as well as the big attachments he has on his forearms to steer.

He has a lot of stopping power with all those wheels. And you can see he favors the ones on his knees and elbows to brake.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
My husband and I were talking about the physical training that would go into something like this! His body has to be in top form to control all the little movements necessary to keep him ON the road!

And the wheels probably last one trip. Especially the braking wheels! I wonder what they're made of. You wouldn't want to lose a brake wheel on one of those outside corners! LOL

Really amazing!

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
ha! i love this vid, seen it loads but i have to watch it everytime its posted somewhere, i always wonder how it must feel when overtaking bikes and cars. crazy...
i love the way he scrubs the speed off for tighter corners, being that low to the ground and exposed must make it seem like a hundred miles an hour

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by sileighty

That's exactly what I thought (about the speed). I'd probably have to swallow a dramamine before "suiting up". lol.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
top speed run at over 60 mph!!!! :

there are some more videos on youtube, its called body blading or buggy rollin and the suit was made by a french man called Jean-Yves Blondeau.
oh and i really really want one lol
en.wikipedia.org...
heres a link with some more info and some more vids: www.lifeinthefastlane.ca...

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Hi sileighty. Thanks for the additional vid. It gave a closer look at the suit, and the guy, as it turns out, is quite good looking!

Edit: The word additional has an "o" in it. lol.

[edit on 12/12/0909 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

no problem, the suit looks an amazing bit of engineering, most comments on the various vids are people asking where they can buy one lol! i used to roller-boot years ago, think im going to have a look on ebay and have a go again...
thanks to benevolent heretic for posting the vid, its one of my faves!

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
That looks like a good way to get squashed like a bug.

Get it? Buggy rollin'.

[edit on 2009/12/27 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
i saw a bit on tv about this guy last night, i cant remember what the channel or program was as i was at a friends house, it showed him skating round paris annoying pedestrians lol.
it mentioned that he was going to start selling the suits!

top topics

join