It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Troops In Poland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
WARSAW (Reuters) - Poland and the United States signed a deal on Friday that paves the way for the stationing of U.S. troops on the territory of its east European NATO ally.

World | Barack Obama

The "status of forces" accord (SOFA), a technical document tentatively approved in November after 15 months of talks, also makes possible deployments of a U.S. Patriot missile battery in Poland next year as part of plans to upgrade its air defences.

"This agreement is a good basis for cooperation between the U.S. and Polish armed forces in the future," Polish Defense Minister Bogdan Klich told reporters at the signing ceremony.

"For Poland, this signifies a strengthening of our national security."

Poland, perturbed by Russia's more assertive foreign policy, has long complained that it hosts no U.S. troops or major military installations 10 years after it joined NATO and despite a strong track record of sending troops to help in U.S.-led missions in Iraq and Afghanistan.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Sounds like more than just Missles headed that way. I wonder if this has anything to do with that failed missle test near Norway the other night? How many troops and how does Putin feel about this, I wonder, I'm sure theres more to follow.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Wonder if this has anything to do with the Polish rejection of Swine Flu vaccine. They will pay in some form or another for their disobedience.

new topics

join