It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was your first memory?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Please deposit your very first memory here,and if possible the age you were at that point in time.

Heres mine:

Memory:
Getting put into an ambulance,and hearing people say I had fallen out of the window.
I still remember the noise of the ambulance and I was loving it,buzzing at the time.
Age of memory:
approx 21 months old at the time(so my parents told me).

I wonder whats the earliest possible age for clear memories?
Thanks for your input in advance.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I think that I was around two years old or so when I had this memory. At any rate, I was still in a crib.

It was dark and I was supposed to be sleeping, but I didn't want to. So, I stood up and was just kinda chillin' standing on the edge, leaning against the side. I was looking out my bedroom door and I hear someone sneeze. I then yelled, "Gesundheit!" I don't know why since no one in my family speaks German. lol

I had another memory that happened at around the same time. It actually may be earlier, I'm just not sure. My younger brother was learning how to crawl. So, I thought I'd "teach" him. I got on the hand and knees next to him in the kitchen and started crawling with him telling him that when he's crawling he has to say, "goo goo gah gah".

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Mine was when i was 4, i went to work with my dad, in 1979, in watford. He is a carpenter, and was working on a house job there.

Thats my first memory.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I think I became operator of my body when my memory got less choppy. But you never know. That would put me starting at age 7.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by Tormentations]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
i remember a pink light at first. as i got closer to the light i noticed the parting of two thick curtains and a bright white light. soon my entire body passed trough the two curtains as they seemed to squeez me as i passed by and entered this very dry place. soon i felt as though my source of food and other sustainance was cut off. then a strange being in a blue mask and robe hit me and i screamed.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
My first memory was going to Sea World...around age 2.

I was getting settled in my room, and saw my Nana putting up her clothes in the dresser in the hotel room. So I decided that I should put my Pull Ups in the bottom drawer.

My next memory from that weekend was riding around in those Dolphin strollers.

Then I remember crying because I wanted to go sit down in the front with my uncle and brother, and my Nana aunt and sister wouldn't let me.

But this could also be that this is THE most documented event of my childhood. My family apparently did not believe in pictures when it came to me.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Two weeks before my second birthday my parents brought me out the front door of our appartment for the last time. We walked to my dad's car parked at the curb - I got in behind the driver's seat (it was a 'businessman's coupe" i.e., no backseat just a space for luggage and toddlers). My mom said we were "moving to our own house". We drove away.

It was not until I realized I didn't have my teddybear that I realized we were never going "home". A friend of my dad's stopped by the old place and was told we had moved and a neighbor gave him my teddy.

I remember leaving the appartment; missing my teddybear and having him back the next day but not the reuniting moment itself. Odd how memories get edited.

I verified the dates and events with my mom.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Djdoubt03

Curtains

About 2 and a half me and my bro putting our hands into a watering can for some reason then my dad running us around the garden in a wheel barrow. Awesome.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Around the age of 2 I was trying to make my way down the stairs to the basement of our house where my mother was doing laundry. I took a spill and remember her rushing to me in a state of panic. I have no recollection of sustaining any injury or feeling any pain, just the traumatic effect it had on her.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Djdoubt03

Yeah...we all remember that.

I remember my Raggedy Ann birthday party. My Mom had ginormous rollers in her hair. I won't say how old I was...it hurts too much.

Originally posted by ENIMY
About 2 and a half me and my bro putting our hands into a watering can for some reason then my dad running us around the garden in a wheel barrow. Awesome.

Now that's a fun/sweet first memory. I hope you had many more of those.

[edit on 11/12/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
My father accidentally speared my penis through with a nappy pin when I was too young to focus my vision.

I remember lying on my back (and screaming blue murder) in some sort of basket - a moses basket of some sort.

Welcome to earth

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
My earliest memory was trying to chase after the cat through a hole in the screen door at a house we only lived in until I was about 11 months. I also remember the ugly yellow walls and Winnie the pooh plaques on the wall that terrified me. My mom used to freak that I could recall that. I think Rabbit and Eeyore where the one who scared me. Rabbit was eeeevil and would glare at me like he wanted me for dinner. I still hate Winnie the pooh and yellow. Message to parents of infants. What you think is a sweet nursery theme fit for a baby can scar your kid for life. If they cry in their crib its probably the decor! And honestly who puts a gloomy donkey in their kids bedroom anyways?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The traumatic things seem to stick in memory the best.
My earliest memories are of when we lived on a small farm in the country up to age 4 or less. Lots of vague memories of that place like the house, the dam, the cows that slept out the back of the house and things like that. I recall my mother pointing out shapes in the clouds one day and getting quite scared when I recognized something and realized how big it would have to be.

The most vivid memory is of a neighbour's old horse that I'm told I was my constant companion most days. I'm told I used to wait with that horse at the front fence for the postman every day. I recall hearing a very loud bang and going to investigate and over by the fence I found the horse dead - he'd been shot by the neighbour and the sight of the blood and flies and horror of that has stuck with me since then. Must have been about 1952.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I was 22 yrs old when I stop by my parents house on the way home from work one day. I was suddenly very curious about a memory I had
always had. I guess being comfortable with it is why nothing was ever said earlier.

So I found my Mom in the backyard, told her I had this memory I really
knew nothing about, described the memory. When I was done, she threw
one of the gloves on her hand at me and she said, "What the hell ,is this
some kind of a joke?" as she bolted passed me.

So she goes in the house yellin for my Pop," Pete what the hell are you two trying to pull? Pop, " nothing why what's he tryin to pull". He no
sooner got those words out of his mouth. My Mom gasped for air sat in
a dining room chair. She went thru three " oh my Gods " in a high pitch,
while pointing at me and she says, " He remembers the day he was born."
My Dad didn't miss a beat, as he pulled his last cowboy boot on, he stood
straight up and said," Well, you're always saying what great memory he has".
Nothing ever phased my Dad.

I described the Doctor, the color of the tile on the floor and how I knew
it to be a rainy day is anybody's guess.

Smokejaguar67

My father accidentally speared my penis through with a nappy pin when I was too young to focus my vision

OUCH!!!:bnghd:

[edit on 11-12-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I'm sure there are a couple before but i can't think of them right now, the main one I remember I must have been about 3, I was in the pram being pushed down our street and I rememeber my mother saying 'you're too old for the pram now, it's time you walk with me' Being a bit of a slackass - I was devastated.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I was four, it was summer, I was walking down an old brick sidewalk, I suddenly was aware I was here, I thought to myself, I am here.

[edit on 103131p://bFriday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I don't know how, I don't know when and I don't know why, but at a very early age I had my first recall of a memory that appeared to be from the womb, at this young age I didn't fully understand, I had never heard of anything supernatural, paranormal or even strange; My only life concerns were getting to the play dough before any other kid did at playgroup, power rangers and probably Ninja mutant turtles - My point is there is no way I could've thought of such a thing- I simply had no knowledge of it's existence, it goes as follows:

"Where am I?"

*opening my eyes momentarily in the womb*

All I see is red. I've always believed it to be the womb, as I couldn't talk, I didn't talk. It was just a thought. Even so, I understood the English language.. Then boom, lights out again.

I've approached my mother at a stupidly young age and asked her about that, she laughed. Well, I still remember it, vividly. Think what you want folks, I'm not here to play games, lie, or gain some sort of status. This is the first time I've posted this on the Internet, I've only spoke of it once, to a trusted buddy of mine.

I guess anyones immediate thought upon trying to understand such a memory is the strange topic often known as "reincarnation."

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I was late 2 or early 3 probably. I had a book that displayed a letter of the alphabet next to a picture of something that began with the letter. I had just recognized that A-n-t was the three sounds in Ant and was starting on B-e-e when I got smacked upside the head for sitting too close to the TV.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I was two . My teeth came in with no enamel and they were soft as cheese.
I had to have them pulled. I remember the green dentist chair, the facemask, waking up on a wooden bed, and forgetting the dime that was left under the pillow from the tooth fairy. We went to wises shopping store afterwards, and I had a slug, ( did not know the difference between a dime and a slug) and put it in the pen machine and was mad I did not get a pen.

My mom can no believe I can remember all that.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pilgrum
The traumatic things seem to stick in memory the best.

This was one reason I started this thread-to see if earlist memories were releated to a particular trauma,as mine was.
Glad to read that some have a very happy first memory,although many seem trauma based.

I feel sorry for the guy with the nappy pin story though!
Not a good first memory!

Thanks for all the replies,very interesting.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join