It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help Stop YouTube Madness!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Folks, there are many useful and informative pieces on YouTube, there is also an unbelievable amount of idiocy! I'm really sick of opening posts that contain dumb YouTube videos that are:
1 Fake!
2.From already discredited sources!
3. Anonymous with nothing at all to back it up!
Enjoy YouTube people, but for crying out loud!
JUST BECAUSE IT'S ON YOUTUBE DOESN'T MEAN IT'S CREDIBLE OR TRUE!
USE SOME JUDGEMENT!

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2/7/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Not to be disrespectful or "trollish" but this really has nothing to do with conspiracies.

On Topic:
I understand that there are a lot of gullible fools that watch fake/discredited vids on youtube. I am very sorry to say that a small rant will do nothing to change that.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Sliick

I'm posting this in direct reference to a number of existing threads!
On this site. You know ATS , a conspiracy site.
The YouTube videos are reffering to alleged conspiracies and they get posted to this site as threads.
It's beyond me how anybody could read ATS on a regular basis and not understand the point of my post.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by OldDragger]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

yep we know, but like tv, people will believe stuff just because its a conspiracy vid on youtube, just as people believe everything on the news on tv.

Thats just life, and we all have to learn to analyse this stuff for ourselves. this is where this site comes in handy and others giving a view on a vid.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I agree.. that is why I am trying to make a tutorial for examining videos to see if they are fake. See my sig file.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

yep we know, but like tv, people will believe stuff just because its a conspiracy vid on youtube, just as people believe everything on the news on tv.

Thats just life, and we all have to learn to analyse this stuff for ourselves. this is where this site comes in handy and others giving a view on a vid.

YOU know, but a lot of posters here apparently don't!
What really kills me is that they rant about the MSM, refuse to believe anything covered, but will blindly accept something on Youtube by some anoymous guy with no references or sources! This is EMBRACING IGNORACE! It'S FRENCH KISSING IGNORANCE! IT'S TAKING IGNORANCE TO DINNER AND A MOVIE!

The internet is USELESS without some critical thinking!
COME ON PEOPLE!

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I'm sorry I should have been a bit more clear. This topic really doesn't belong on the conspiracy discussion board as you are not discussing any conspiracy. You are discussing how much ignorance and denial these youtube viewers have. I 100% agree with you that people should think a little bit harder. I was just trying to state that this topic might need to be moved to a different section.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
reply to post by Sliick

I'm posting this in direct reference to a number of existing threads!
On this site. You know ATS , a conspiracy site.
The YouTube videos are reffering to alleged conspiracies and they get posted to this site as threads.
It's beyond me how anybody could read ATS on a regular basis and not understand the point of my post.

I totally understand where you're coming from Old Dagger. Just wasted my time in a thread that used a youtube video as proof, yet, the video didn't show any proof of anything...

I agree with you whole heartedly.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

HELP STOP YOUTUBE MADNESS!

This is a matter for the individual, both as a video poster and a video consumer. It is up to those who post to You Tube to try and present material relevant to the subject matter, whatever it may be, whether it is in humor or serious.

But it is also our responsibility as individuals (and consumers of information) to recognize the difference between hoax, humor and reality. And on those occasions when it is impossible to make that call, it is always better to apply some extra objectivity and an abundance of caution so we don't carelessly step into a dogpile.

In point of fact, the same thing can be said about the MSM and the nightly news. If you don't... or can't filter the garbage coming in, you will almost certainly reflect it... or smell like it when it comes back out.

Good subject.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt
[mor
I agree! It just seems as though every other post has a YouTube imbedded in it . Far more than print sources. It just seems that simple research like cross checking sources, using your brain, etc. might tip people off that much of Youtube is BS!
BUT NOOOOO!
It seems if it's on YT, it's just got to be true!

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sliick

I'm sorry I should have been a bit more clear. This topic really doesn't belong on the conspiracy discussion board as you are not discussing any conspiracy. You are discussing how much ignorance and denial these youtube viewers have. I 100% agree with you that people should think a little bit harder. I was just trying to state that this topic might need to be moved to a different section.

WRONG CONSPIRACY BREATH!
The subject is YouTube is crappy evidence to post to support your conspiracy theory. A video of some anonymous stranger ranting about Obama or the NWO isn't evidence of anything! A blurry vid of tiny lights is not evidence of aliens. VERY often BS vidieos are posted a PROOF. Usually they PROVE NOTHING!

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
If it wasn't something that can be used in a debate... why in the world would the powers of ATS give us the access to embed the video here?
Probably, because a lot of good video and evidence is from every day people with cam recorders, cell phones, archived videos are great visuals to use to support a theory.

Are you talking about any certain experiences when it comes to posting videos?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by x2Strongx

What the....?!

What do I have to say? Take a look at the number of ridiculous videos posted on this board! Good Lord, I've explained this! Some guy talking about how he knows the NWO is taking guns and the stargate and is this video of a vampire real and...... 90% of the videos here posted as proof are proof of nothing! Don't ANY of you get it?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
as I see it, most youtube videos are added for purpose of discussion...
i have seen several posted that the poster is posting it either start a conversation, see if anybody can validate something being said, determine if its a hoax, etc...

i see those threads as more useful to a site than one gripping about videos, telling that most are fake, as if everybody doesn't already know that...

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I agree completely, Old Dragger.

Unfortunately, people will find ANY piece of data to back up their position and everything out there is going to be considered as evidence, if not proof, to support any opinion that might be imagined... Yes, YouTube videos are not proof and most times are pieces of crap when it comes to supporting one's opinion but some of them are interesting.

I think we need to look CRITICALLY at each one and see what the poster is trying to get us to believe. We need to have an open mind when we see them and not just toss them out altogether.

But I totally know what you're saying and agree. Only the gullible or VERY biased are convinced by a YouTube video. You can find them on every subject and they RARELY mean anything as regards evidence. They're fine as a point of interest, but they prove NOTHING.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Ditto. It adds interest to a thread to involve videos, it's true. However there are many times when I wish an OP would use a little more discernment and discretion when posting a link.

Sometimes they are fascinating, and sometimes funny. But often they are useless.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Time for me to be a wet blanket again!
ATS is full of....goofy stuff today!
NOT ALL KNOWLEDGE IS CONTAINED IN THE INTERNET KIDS!
Knowledge did not begin with You tube!
There are things called "books" in places called "Libraries" where we have thousands of years of collected knowledge.
Science is not intuitive! There are disciplines that require a lifetime of study!
SURFING THE INTERNET AND THINKING YOU ARE AN EXPERT, simply means you know jack abot "theories" and "research!

top topics

join