It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knights Templar jump from Dan Brown to Down Under

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Knights Templar jump from Dan Brown to Down Under

www.smh.com.au

IT IS a franchise that has been a long time coming - more than nine centuries, in fact.

And then, perhaps miraculously and certainly a touch mysteriously, a newspaper advertisement headlined the ''Knights Templar of Australia'' appeared. ''The order is expanding,'' it declared.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Suddenly the medieval darlings of conspiracy theorists and fiction writers worldwide were back and they're looking to bring their strange mix of martial arts, Christian faith, patriotism and philanthropy to 21st-century Australia. But one of the men behind the move for an Australian order says the modern ecumenical knights have little in common with Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code caricatures.

''We're not just whirling dervishes with swords and capes,'' an ex-Australian soldier and war correspondent, Paul Grice, says.

A confessed ''mad monk'', Mr Grice accepts the modern Templars may have some ''novelty value'' but says they are serious about their Christian mission.

They are making wheelchairs for landmine victims, refurbishing computers for indigenous communities and providing care for the aged and infirm, he says.

Comprising mainly current or former members of the military, they teach Western swordplay and a French type of kickboxing, and describe themselves as a ''modern-day esoteric knighthood''

I have an odd feeling about this. The men described in the article have some pretty high-up connections and this group smells a little like another Bohemiam Grove or Bilderberg. With all the talk of an imminent NWO, now the Templars setting up shop down here in Australia, one really has to wonder....

And in what may cause a tingle of excitement down the spine of the conspiracy theorists, the 400-member Washington priory was stacked full of important Washington types.

''Quite a number of the members of this priory were in quite influential positions in business and enterprise after leaving [military] service … chief executives of multinational corporations,'' Mr O'Sullivan says.

www.smh.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Wow... Not that I have any respect for secret keepers like the Knights Templar, I am pretty disgusted that this bunch of plebs are hacking off the name of an extremely talented bunch of warriors.
I highly doubt that the new breed will be a patch on the old.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Just wanted to bump this as it seems to have been posted at the wrong time and got lost in the mix.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
1st of heard templars in Australia good luck to them i say if they ever came public i don't think the younger generation would appreciate them too much and they'd get run out prettty quickly

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
This could lead to some bad **** down the road if you know what I mean. Let's hope they just do charity work and do not become a radicalized group hell bent on destruction.

new topics

top topics

join