It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel portrays protest march illegal in West Bank

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Yes that is true, Israel considers the protests illegal and portrays them as riots, not nonviolent demonstrations because it is against the famous "separation wall" now famously known as the 'Berlin wall'..

Source: news.yahoo.com...

Since 2005, demonstrators led by Abu Rahmeh have marched every Friday from the West Bank village of Bilin to the nearby separation barrier that slices off 60 percent of the village land. Their acts of protest, which have also included chaining themselves to trees, have won praise from Jimmy Carter and Desmond Tutu and support among Israeli peace activists.

About two years ago, villagers in nearby Naalin started similar marches.

Some demonstrators routinely throw stones at Israeli soldiers, who fire tear gas, stun grenades, rubber-coated bullets and occasionally live rounds. One Bilin man and five in Naalin have been killed and hundreds have been wounded over the years. Israeli troops have also suffered some — though far fewer — injuries, including a soldier who lost an eye.

Israel considers the protests illegal and portrays them as riots, not nonviolent demonstrations.

Israel says the barrier — a wall in some places, a system of roads, cameras and fences in places like Bilin — seeks to keep out Palestinian attackers, including suicide bombers. Palestinians call it a tool to steal land, since it juts far into the West Bank in some places.

Source: Israel arrests Palestinian barrier protest leader

How did these poor Palestinians tried to raise their voice against the "God Chosen People", their protest march is illegal and a riot! No one defies the Israeli govt. - "The God Chosen People" and gets away with it, certainly not these dirt poor Palestinians who have been living in luxury from many years on our land that is mentioned in Bible/ book.

Yikes!! almost forgot..

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

[edit on Sun Dec 13 2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Well......

Maybe it's due to the fact that terrorists from Gaza go up to the wall to launch weapons-rockets/mortors........

Maybe if hamas tried half as hard at peace as they do at cold blooded murdering, there could be peace.

No, I am not stupid enough to actually believe they will do that, just saying...

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

When a small police force of Palestine (Hamas) is battling against a major apartheid terrorist nation (Israel) funded by US it is quiet hard to not protest against them.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
Maybe if hamas tried half as hard at peace as they do at cold blooded murdering, there could be peace.

Maybe if Israel tried half as hard at peace as they do at cold blooded murdering, there could be peace.

Launching missiles from the air at civilians is not any more moral than launching missiles from a wall at civilians.

Both sides are guilty of murder. Just because the corporate owned media of your country chooses to cast one side as murderous and the other side as heroic does not change that fact.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

I agree if there one thing the media lacks it is unbiased opinion i'm sure thanks to the spin zone that is fox news and cnn and all the other media outlets even bbc and sky news have a tendancy to lean left and right there job is to INFORM US not to lecture us with their views.

Also it is important to note why they call it the berlin wall they obviously see it as a hinderance especially when it cuts them off from the land they need for food. But we all know what happened to the berlin wall.....

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I've no use for the Zionist Jews or Israel in general. The whole of mankind would be much better without either. Anti-semetic, NO - anti-zionist, YES!!! If there ever needed to be a cleansing campaign, it would be against the Zionists of ALL faiths! We must work to eradicate these fascists from the face of the planet as quickly as possible if we are to ever enjoy peace and prosperity.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
I've no use for the Zionist Jews or Israel in general. The whole of mankind would be much better without either. Anti-semetic, NO - anti-zionist, YES!!! If there ever needed to be a cleansing campaign, it would be against the Zionists of ALL faiths! We must work to eradicate these fascists from the face of the planet as quickly as possible if we are to ever enjoy peace and prosperity.

This is what i strive towards as well this is the 21st centuary not the dark ages where people believe what a book says and because it is holy it is beyond criticism. oh wait....

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by rationaluser

Zionism is no more of a "religion" than climate change is. It is an ideology that has hijacked certain religious ascriptions and teachings as some kind of profound justification for its existence. Just as Islam has been hijacked by extremists who use bastardized texts to justify their horrific actions.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Yeah ... sorry i saw faith and went into dawkins mode
what puzzles me is HOW zionists justify there "purity" as anything other than RACISM

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by rationaluser

I think you're putting words in peoples' mouths with the "purity" thing.

Jews come in all different colours and creeds. There are African Jews, Arab Jews, European Jews. I don't see wanting a Jewish homeland as racist at all, in fact it's a nonsensical label. If Zionism called for Israel to be exclusively Jewish then you may have an argument for religious intolerance, but even that's not the case. Proved by the fact that 1/4 of the voting, tax paying population of Israel is non-Jewish.

And yet, regions which have Palestinian autonomy are Jew free. As are many surrounding Arab countries. So one could argue, could one not, that you are applying moral inversion and claiming Jews to be guilty of something which they are in fact victims of?

join