It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof NASA Is Trying To Cover Up The Source Of The Norway Spiral!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocEmrick
The spiral looks nothing like a Russian Rocket. It looks like something out of a sci-fi movie, honestly. Whoever first saw that spiral and said "RUSSIAN ROCKET?" Jeez.

It wasn't a rocket moving upward, it was a spent booster falling back to the surface of the planet. As it falls, it is not aerodynamic in it's movement and due to it's elongated shape, along with jet streams, caused it to fall in a spiraling motion.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Why is a spiral exhaust plume from a rocket so hard to comprehend for some folks? Moving at a constant speed and spinning at a constant rate, I would think it would would LIKELY to create a perfect spiral.

And while it may not be convenient for some to admit, the trail leading up to that anomaly looks *exactly* like the resulting trail left by fired rockets, there are many examples.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I take it nobody here has played around with bottle rockets much? They spiral and stuff all the time, especially if you take the stick off that stabilizes it.

It's actually kind of difficult to get rockets to fly much. Go look at all the videos from the space program.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

If the rocket was in fact in the upper atmosphere, it would have had to be a crystal clear, cloudless night in order for it to be visible. Why don't we see ANY stars in any of the footage?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
Why is a spiral exhaust plume from a rocket so hard to comprehend for some folks? Moving at a constant speed and spinning at a constant rate, I would think it would would LIKELY to create a perfect spiral.

And while it may not be convenient for some to admit, the trail leading up to that anomaly looks *exactly* like the resulting trail left by fired rockets, there are many examples.

Some aren't experts in the art of depicting exhaust plumes. And once again, it's all opinionated.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
Well, I'm on the side of the "rocket believers" now. Sorry...

Especially after reading this (but also looked at a lot more than this). I know it's not the best source but the explanation perfectly satisfies me. It even explains the blue.

Norway Spiral: A Rocket Scientist Explains the Mystery

[edit on 11-12-2009 by nunya13]

That video is only speculating. Does not prove anything but a possible explanation. If that was the case, where are the photos and videos showing the "rocket" from a side?? how is that all witnesses were just behind the rocket so everybody looked to a spiral??

This other video:

Complements very nicely the OP.
It was a solar phenomena!!

If these was caused by the sun then we may expect more spirals in the months to come, AND a world cover up where NASA and Rusia act in agreement.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

It very well could. Did you see the animation that someone did that showed this exact scenario with a leak at the top of the missle?

Although what people saw was weird looking and certainly understandable for raising eyebrows, the explanation of a failed missle test is enitrely plausible and more than likely probable.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by chris_stibrany
looks like a russian rocket to me.

why do you say that? because the MSM told you it was so? Show me another rocket in all the videos of recorded launches that has done this please and i might agree, but not till then

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The missile part is most probably true... the interesting question is derived from the trail in this shot of the event

source

reminiscent of ...

Link to video as yvid tag seems to insert forward slash

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
S&F...

Ummm CB, WHAT THE HECK IS THAT THING!? I have never seen a rocket do that kind of thing before...

Are there any pictures, or w/e that can prove its a rocket?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpTiMuS_PrImE

why do you say that? because the MSM told you it was so? Show me another rocket in all the videos of recorded launches that has done this please and i might agree, but not till then

Keep in mind that this was a FAILED missile launch...so simply showing what a TYPICAL launch looks like would not produce the same result. Now, with that being said, I have seen a number of vids over the years that show a spiral that looks similar.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

If this was a failed missile test then I am the lost king of Scotland.

Over the years how many missile launches have we all seen on the news and how many of us have seen still imagery video of failed missile and rocket launches going all the way back to the vengeance weapons of the third Reich? I do not recall ever seeing a spiral like the one that I saw in Norway and that one fact is a very telling factoid on its own.

The media came up with the excuses and the cover story before the Russian military even did and now all of a sudden the Russian military are now getting on board, taking their lead from the media and confirming that “Da my friends it was indeed a rocket that failed,” (Shuffling of boots, sounds of whistling, nervous chuckles).

This to me smacks of a cover story and a cover story that fell together so fast it nearly fell apart because men in uniform fell over themselves in a hot panic to find an explanation for something they had no explanation for. I think someone was caught with their pants down and I am surmising from the amateur nature of the excuse. Now the top brass cannot fine tune the cover story to pass it off as something else because they were too quick to confirm the spiral as a failed rocket test because they panicked.

You see, given enough time and had someone not panicked (I assume someone panicked) then I think a more believable cover story would have been that someone on the ground was playing around with powerful search lights and had figured out a way to projects imagery onto a bank of mist or sea fog (boring night watches and some beer oh dear).

Seeing the bluish blue light arching up from the ground toward the spiral I think this could have been quite plausible. “The disco loving culprit will be punished do not worry.”

One thing that caught my eye also was the close-up of the spiral and the way it moved in such a perfect counter clockwise manner was too defined and too structured, the spiral opened in the way it moved, and that clinched it for me. No way at all could this display of light have been anything to do with a missile test failed or otherwise as far as I can see.

Anything that fails catastrophically fails chaotically in my reality. There was no catastrophic chaos from where I was sitting.

I assume from the hype over this coming from the media and the military that this spiral is unexplained and was nothing to do with the military but unfortunately for them they were caught up in it.

The sheep are already distracted by the global events we are all struggling against at the moment so easily fooled because of here and now distractions.

I hope this event has an otherworldly origin because then I can imagine the PTB running around somewhere like headless chickens in a blind clucking panic, yes that really makes me smile because their lies if this is a lie has tripped them up and this might just be the beginning of something if by some hope - this was not a failed rocket test and it was something a whole lot more exotic.

One thing I am one hundred percent certain of is that this spiral was not the result of a failure .

Sadly if news breaks that this spiral was the result of a powerful light projection onto low cloud of sea mist then I would have to conceal that such a thing could be possible and slide back under my rock.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by killartofu
reply to post by chris_stibrany

.....how the hell would a rocket make a vortex looking hole in the sky. ive see a rocket malfunction white smoke and a big RED/Yellow Fire ball. not blue not a circle that collapse in on itself just a big red fire ball, i mean freaking watch the video that thing is perfect spiral circle that falls in on itself rockets are so primitive how the hell would a bomb make something so perfect .

[edit on 11-12-2009 by killartofu]

The spiral didn't collapse in on itself. It went outwards.

Hole a pen/pencil in your hand. Grasp just the tip of it. Now draw a circle in the air with it. Imagine smoke coming out the end your not grasping. Smoke dissipates outward. Once the smoke stops and continues to dissipate, it will create a void in the center that moves outward until the smoke has completely dissipated.

If the smoke is light in color and the sky is dark then it will look like black hole/void in the center as the smoke "disapears" from the center and moves outward.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Originally posted by OpTiMuS_PrImE

Keep in mind that this was a FAILED missile launch...so simply showing what a TYPICAL launch looks like would not produce the same result. Now, with that being said, I have seen a number of vids over the years that show a spiral that looks similar.

Of course rockets can create spiral trails. People have been posting videos of "similar" rocket launches, where the rocket creates a spiral that immediatley dissipates behind the rocket. None of which creating a large, rotating spiral behind them. Just look at the way that the spiral dissapears from the inside out in a matter of seconds. Ever seen that before? Nope. I can say you haven't, because it has never happened, because thats not how rocket trails behave. "failed" or not failed.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by Blender]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
How did the spiral get so big and stay so uniform and perfect?

I imagine in space that perfection might make more sense but not in our atmosphere...

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
they said it a rocket, and you believe it?

Sad, if we see a giant snake coming to devour our planet, they would said "oops, sorry we release halluication gases, what you seeing is not real, it come from your mind" and you believe it

A huge portal just open in front of the sun, release thousand of spaceship and they will said "Oops, we point at the wrong location with our new hologram technogoly, what you seeing is not real" and you believe it

you people are kissing the government's foots!

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Originally posted by DocEmrick
The spiral looks nothing like a Russian Rocket. It looks like something out of a sci-fi movie, honestly. Whoever first saw that spiral and said "RUSSIAN ROCKET?" Jeez.

It wasn't a rocket moving upward, it was a spent booster falling back to the surface of the planet. As it falls, it is not aerodynamic in it's movement and due to it's elongated shape, along with jet streams, caused it to fall in a spiraling motion.

Thanks for the laugh, buddy. I hope you are joking.

Hahaha.

link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

really?! show us your "number of video" you just so happen to said.....

come on, show us EXACTLY like that vid from other vid without a shape photoshop joke, come on Debunky...

link   
I know this is an odd video to post but I think it may help explain the spiral.

It's a clip from Halo3. Apparently, the gamer was wierded out that a rocket launch in the game went haywire. But you can see how a failed (haywire) rocket can form a perfect spiral.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13

Smoke dissipates outward. Once the smoke stops and continues to dissipate, it will create a void in the center that moves outward until the smoke has completely dissipated.

If the smoke is light in color and the sky is dark then it will look like black hole/void in the center as the smoke "disapears" from the center and moves outward.

I asked a close relative who just completed 10 years in the USAF as an officer w/ space & missiles to give his take on everything. This is what he said about the collapse at the end (which I, personally, find to be the most astonishing part of the whole event):

That looks too fast to be due to an exhaust plume dissipating. If it happened close after sunset or if the spiral was at a very high altitude it could be due to the shadow of the earth sweeping across a cone shaped spiral if the point of the spiral was lower than the wide end. The shadow moves around 2000 miles per hour so it could cross a pretty large distance in a few seconds.

Again, he is just speculating, as is everyone else who -wasn't there-. But, I trust him and I know that if he KNEW what was going on, he say he couldn't talk about it, and if he couldn't explain it, he'd go directly to theorizing about UFOs and wormholes (which, incidentally he ended the email with, "Or it was a UFO leaving via wormhole.").

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join