It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Obama Really Preparing For Civil War?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Just cause its on the internet doesnt mean its true. I think that the god concept has been replaced by the google concept. The internet is our new god.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
Yawn. This has been posted before.

But this time the story is coming out of Russia, so it's got to be accurate, right?

I think "we the people" would know better than some Russian what is going on in our own country.

Just sayin'

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Ya know how i know Obama isnt preparing for war there is no proof.!!
Now thats a fact!

Sorry had a say it

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
HERE is the article referenced in the OP from the "newspaper"...

It hardly qualifies as a online newspaper. Look at he menu topics at the top of the page. They dont fit a newspaper.

I'd call it just a blog with delusions of grandeur.
Nothing is linked to there either.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
We need some proof, sound evidence of the claims made in this EU times news article. Probably the most important thing I want to know, did 200,000 troops actually come home well Obama sent 30,000 to Afghanistan? If so, besides the obvious answer being for civil war, what other reasons would he secretly bring home 200,000 troops? I'm still researching this very question. Secondly, has Obama been having an increased number of meetings with his war council that are unrelated to the recent deployment of troops to Afghanistan? If so, what were those meetings about? Thirdly, what is the exact number of all active duty military personnel in the U.S. right now, and how many active duty military personnel are there in U.S. bases across the world? These are the questions I think need to be addressed. If anyone can answer these questions with evidence then I think will have a better idea of what may or may not be going on.

Here is a wikipedia page discussing the armed forces as well as the total number of people in the armed forces.
en.wikipedia.org...

Here is a wikipedia page with the number of troops stationed in different countries including the U.S.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by FunSized

The sources say it all: its nothing more than EU and Sasha Fail wet dream. They wish America would fall but I got news for you..we'll be around a long time.

To the OP

My sentiments as well.

The Russians have never gotten over the failure of the soviet union, and so hope that the same will happen to the U.S. in a twisted "misery loves company" sort of viewpoint. The europeans have also been jealous of the U.S. since we passed them up in well, everything.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
This actually has nothing to do with the Russians or Europeans. Sorcha Faal (who always cites mysterious Russian sources) is the pen name of an American guy living in the Midwest (I think it`s the Midwest, I know it`s in the US though).

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

en.wikipedia.org...

The United States Military has 1,454,515 Service Members on active duty with an additional 848,000 in 7 reserve componets. The President could raise another million thru a draft easily. Does this mean that they will all,or any of them will fight against thier own? I think not and I doubt the OP's premise to begin with in that all the couch potato's would stop playing video games long enough to start any kind of civil war. Just have a 2 hour long special on Tiger's life and times and they will sit back on the couch.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
What I believe that the rest of the world is seeing and noticing is the following:
1) Massive unemployment.
2) Policies that are considred unfavorable and or unpopular amonst the general population.
3) A profiting from the bailouts by the taxpayers.
4) Uncontrolled spending by the federal government.
5) Fear.
6) An electorate who are being more and more ignored by those who were put into office to govern.
7) A double set of standards between the people and its government.
8) And a government that is lieing to its people.
If you were in a foriegn country and saw all of this you too would be thinking civil war on the part of those people. Ultimately, they are seeing trouble in the politics of the country, as well as, in general in the job market.
Now contrary to popular belief, but the general service member, the NCO's give an oath to support and protect the constitution. The officers oath states that they will support the President of the United States of America.
There is a storm that is brewing in the United States of America, and like many I am waiting for the 2010 elections to do what I can in a civil manor. I do not advocate civil war or armed agression against this country, however, I do believe there are those who believe just that and are arming themselves.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Believe it,americans are arming themselves.When I see christians
getting their C.C.W. licenses,somthing is going on.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig

Now contrary to popular belief, but the general service member, the NCO's give an oath to support and protect the constitution. The officers oath states that they will support the President of the United States of America.

That is not true. Here it is for officers: It says nothing about the president.

www.law.cornell.edu...

§ 3331. Oath of office

An individual, except the President, elected or appointed to an office of honor or profit in the civil service or uniformed services, shall take the following oath: “I, AB, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.” This section does not affect other oaths required by law.

Here it is for enlisted:

www.law.cornell.edu...

(a) Enlistment Oath.— Each person enlisting in an armed force shall take the following oath:
“I, XXXXXXXXXX, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.”

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by FunSized

The sources say it all: its nothing more than EU and Sasha Fail wet dream. They wish America would fall but I got news for you..we'll be around a long time.

To the OP

My sentiments as well.

The Russians have never gotten over the failure of the soviet union, and so hope that the same will happen to the U.S. in a twisted "misery loves company" sort of viewpoint. The europeans have also been jealous of the U.S. since we passed them up in well, everything.

They know what it's like to watch a govt fail, that would give them experience to learn from.

..but we learned nothing from Rome, so history will repeat and the US empire will crumble. The sooner the better imo... we would all be better off with a more localized govt that isn't obsessed with killing strangers and interfering in others business.

Replace Rome with USA.. then watch as history repeats. I suggest watching on tv from a tropical island..

en.wikipedia.org...

Many historians speculate that the rapid growth of the empire over a relatively short period of time and the economic inflation that followed could have contributed substantially to the empire's decay. Due to incredible size of the empire, it required a huge budget to maintain many key elements in its survival such as roads (essential for communication, transportation, and the moving of armies) and aqueducts (many of Rome's cities relied on the water that it provided). At the time the empire was fighting enemies on all sides due to its expansion into their territories and was already contributing huge sums of silver and gold in order to keep up its armies. In order to try and combat both problems, the empire was forced to raise taxes frequently causing inflation to skyrocket. This in turn caused the major economic stress that others attribute as one of the causes for Rome's decline.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

220 million American people armed to the teeth and ready to explode."

Let's see the source for that link. That number can't be anywhere close to accurate. There is no way 220 million people in America are armed to the teeth, much less have a handgun or a hunting rifle and even if there was that many, there is no way 220 million of them are prepared for a civil war. There is no monolithic group that hates the government and what it does. There is dozens of smaller movements that can barely agree on global warming or the war much less anything else. If one of these groups decides to strike first, the "war" would be over in a weekend.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join