It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Climate “Researchers” Became Doctors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

“Step up on the scale, Mr. Naughton.”

“Sure, Doctor. I’m looking forward to seeing this myself.”

“Let’s see … slide this over a bit … hmm, pretty bad. Your weight is up again.”

“Uh … Doctor, you mind getting your foot off the scale?”

“Oh, okay.”

“So … you want to weigh me again now?”

“Sorry, I’ve already recorded the results. You can step down now.”

“But–”

“Just as I predicted. Man-made body enlarging. I told you to stop consuming so much animal fat.”

“There’s nothing wrong with eating–”

“If this keeps up, you’ll weigh 650 pounds by the year 2030. It’s a looming disaster.”

“Doctor, excuse me, but there’s no way I’m gaining weight. Look at me. I had to buy a smaller belt last month.”

“That’s a temporary anomaly. I’m more interested in the long-term trend.”

“I’ve been shrinking for two years now. I’ve also been eating more animal fat. So it can’t be making me fatter. Your theory doesn’t hold up.”

“Do you weigh more than you did 40 years ago?”

“Yes, I was a skinny runt 40 years ago.”

“And did your fat consumption go up during the past 40 years?”

“I was 11 years old 40 years ago! Of course I eat more now.”

“Aha! So you agree there’s a long-term trend in your body enlargement.”

“Those are natural forces at work. I’m pretty sure that’s been happening forever.”

“But the rate of the enlargement has accelerated. Look at your weight chart. See there? All nice and even for two decades, then it shoots up here at the end. It looks like a hockey stick.”

“That chart is bull@#$%!”

Read the rest here: www.second-opinions.co.uk...

I can tell you that many researchers over the years, especially those since the 50's, have bastardized the the nutritional sciences, both intentionally and unwittingly.

Is the above satire accurate in its description of climate research? Is it really as convoluted and corrupt as nutritional science is; or more so?

-Dev

[edit on 11-12-2009 by DevolutionEvolvd]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Thanks for the hilarious post! I had a good chuckle over this one. Isn't it the truth though eh?

I do believe there are some honest climate researchers out there of course yet they are drowned out in a sea of irrelevance.

S&F

[edit on 11-12-2009 by born2BWild]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Thanks! I laughed out loud a few times while reading too. Tom Naughton is a funny guy and ever since his docutmentary, Fat Head, he's been blogging about health on a daily basis. fathead-movie.com...

I asked the question in the OP because I don't spend much time digging into the subject matter of climate change. I just wanted to get the opinions of those who've really done some research/digging. I wanted to see if the two sciences are experiencing the same problems within their respective communities.

-Dev

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

nice post, lol.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
The short answer is YES!

It would seem that science in general is suffering from the same disease. I don't see a cure on the horizon maybe we should put the poor dears out of their collective misery?

Hurray for the second coming .... of the dark ages.

top topics

join