It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joyce warns of US 'Armageddon'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Joyce warns of US 'Armageddon'

www.brisbanetimes.com.au

THE OPPOSITION finance spokesman, Barnaby Joyce, believes the United States government could default on its debt, triggering an ''economic Armageddon'' which will make the recent global financial crisis pale into insignificance.

Senator Joyce said yesterday he did not mean to alarm the public but there needed to be a debate about Australia's ''contingency plan'' for a sovereign debt default by the US or even by a local state government.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
If I didn't know any better, not only might this guy be correct, but it almost seems as if those in charge may be TRYING to bring about this type of situation, with their furious spending policies, and continued reckless fiscal irresponsibilities...

To what end this type of lunacy is geared remains the question IMO...

We have seen many nations turning away from the dollar, as it sinks further in value due to the endless spend-and-print-more merry go round, but is it about to be abandoned by the world at large completely in the near future?

Crazy times...

www.brisbanetimes.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

The Elites likely have total control of the situation, now we just have to wait and see what they do. Will they patch the wounds and keep the world economy limping along toward another eventual bubble or will they shatter it all in catastrophic fashion?

Whichever way it goes they stand to profit and we stand to lose.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I vote that they go ahead and shatter it so I can fight my last war... After all what good is freedom if you cant live free?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I have to say that there is nothing good for anybody if they crash the US economy. I know lots of people on here say, "it's all in the plan and they know what they are doing", etc. but in all honesty they are literally on a suicide march. People are not going to run to the government if they crash the economy.

Usually Occom's razor applies and in this situation it is the most logical explanation that being, they are not intentionally trying to crash the economy they are trying to recoup their losses at all cost. Even if that cost is not having a single valid currency left to recoup in. The congress is the same way, there might be a "plan" which might have worked a decade ago, but after 8 years of Bush Obama and the progressives stepped into it way above their heads.

Well we will see what the future holds, but I don't think we will default, we will just go through a period of hyper-inflation.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
This is a coordinated effort to remove the Dollar as the oil & global trade currency, so that the regional currencies (Amero, Euro, Afro
, Pan-Asian Credits or PAC) can be brought in. Once these are in place, a regionally 'devolved' global government will be put into place. The foundation bricks are already being laid at Copenhagen.

We will see a republican type governmental structure, with each member 'superstate' of the global government having a prime representative or president. This president will then become a member of the global council, with leadership of the council changing every year.

Human rights, freedom & liberty, true ecological concerns, none of these will matter. There will be two routes to power, wealth and independence - through the so called 'civic' authorities (corrupt and cynical), or through the MegaCorps' (fascist dictatorships) that are already starting to form.

When the super-bust happens, (and it will) the law of economic discipline states that organisations will merge to stay alive and maintain economies of scale, and of course, manageable markets. We will start to see the merging of governmental departments with corporate entities (Xe, Archangel, Halliburton etc), with specific interests in controlling poorer states with corporate interests. Corporations will effectively become governments for hire, with assets (small countries) available for the highest bidder, or those that provide the greatest boons.

We will return to the days of the 1700's and 1800's when the V.O.C, East India Trading Company and others had private armies, private tangible empires, and as much power as smaller states.

Blade Runner, basically.

The Para.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
So whats the timeframe here? Does he think this could or will happen wihin the next year or so?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Barnaby Joyce, believes the United States government could default on its debt, triggering an ''economic Armageddon'' which will make the recent global financial crisis pale into insignificance.

When the gov. defaults on its debt and can not pay government workers, it will be fascinating watching a country that is not governed. Just WHO will take over?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

If I didn't know any better, not only might this guy be correct, but it almost seems as if those in charge may be TRYING to bring about this type of situation, with their furious spending policies, and continued reckless fiscal irresponsibilities...

You have heard the phrase "if its not broke, dont fix it"

We can not change into a new system until the one we have is shattered.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
No matter how you slice it or what the end game truly might be the fact remains that these flat, fiat instrument of debt currency systems are simply being used as a means to enslave the populace with debt.

When you take that one step further to the illusion and that is all it is an illusion that a Government is some how in debt from printing paper fiat instrument of debt currency not attached to anything of intrinsic value and convince the citizens this…then you can increase their tax burden by further enslaving them with the government’s debt as well as their personal debt.

This currency system is essentially just script for use at the company (corporate store) and as payment for other goods and services. It has no real value but simply a perceived value.

That perception is in all reality used to enslave us and to also cheat us out of the fruits of our labor and work.

What actually has a value are the goods and services we produce and to another extent the protection as a nation that we offer to those nations who exchange goods and services with us.

So you better understand it is the physical infrastructure of our commerce system that makes it function, roads, power grids, railroads, ships, ports, depots and warehouses are all there, all paid for, all existing, all in ready supply.

Think of it as a combustible material and the only thing that remains to make it work and function is our own labor, toil and sweat.

People are the real currency of the planet, with the goods and services they provide being the byproduct of their labor.

What do we labor for? Essentially worthless pieces of paper elaborately crafted and colorfully produced emblazoned with urgings to trust in God and Government. They simply use it as an illusion to make us labor and take as much of it away through taxation as they want for reasons that they invent in order to cheat us out of goods and services that our labors created.

Where we the people are screwed is the actual working infrastructure is held in a very small number of hands, and as long as we continue to permit and condone the present system the owners of that infrastructure are the very same people who invent this fictional paper currency to in essence cause us to labor for them, but with the illusion that it is for us, and our governments.

In exchange they provide us only the goods and services they feel inclined too, and as we have witnessed they are capable of cutting off the flow of paper money, manipulating its perceived value, and then turning it back on through wild schemes and bubbles few of us can comprehend or safely afford to even participate in.

It’s all one big scam, we the people are the most important thing of value to those few thousand people world wide who control and own the infrastructure. The goods and services we create are the second most valuable thing to these people.

What has the most important value to these people of all though is this insane fictional system that they control us all with and have us jumping through hoops for them, at times fighting and dying, and at times starving and dying dependent upon their whims of how they want to shape our world.

Shame on us for allowing so few people to so rob and blind so many, for so little!

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Who knows what the real truth is, but in my experience with the government, you folks are giving them way, way too much credit. They have difficulty getting out of their own way let alone managing a global economic coup.

Why is the government spending like crazy? Well, it's a simple answer really. The only 'model' we have against which to make policy decisions is the Great Depression. We spent our way out of that and it worked. Of course there was WWII afterwards as well but we're not there yet.

So, the braintrust in DC is looking at the past for as similar a set of circumstances as they can find (the Great Depression) and assessing what was done and its effect back then. It may not be popular and certainly LOTS of people in their comfy monday-morning-QB chairs disagree, but we haven't much to go on. This situation is largely unprecedented.

And yes, letting everything just come down won't be nearly as much fun as some want to believe.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Here's a crazy thought... Back in the bad old days they used to think that he who won a Nuclear war was the first country to return to a twentieth century state of technology/manufacturing...

What if this were and economic "A" Bomb meant cripple the rest of the world "economically Speaking" then we do this mad dash back to profitable liquidity?

I know it sounds out there but these are the same people who invented the Sub Prime

[edit on 11-12-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I think that its probably right to say that the global economic crash , has been engineered by the powerful, very much like the wars on terror, in order to increase our fears and worries.
Someone is making an awful lot of money from all this doom and gloom, dont you be fooled . Someone somewhere is raking it in from both these blasted wars and this accursed financial collapse. I dont know about the one world government or any of that (honestly theres too much xenophobia to make that work) but I can tell you that in my opinion there cannot be any other explanation for the current state of affairs , other than "SOMEONE FIXED WHAT WASNT BROKE,SO HE COULD ROB IT WHILE IT CHOKED!"

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

See this is the problem with that theory. If somebody had that much power to engineer something like this then the money isn't what they are after. It would have to be the power. After all the people at the very top of the food chain can just print all the money they could ever want. So I'm sticking to my theory, which is a bunch of corrupt greedy bastards got too greedy and now they can't keep their hand out of the cookie jar and in turn they are going to lose everything.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

I see where you are going with this , but I also believe that money and power would be less than useless if the entire global stage were destroyed beyond recognition. For a start , if theres no money outside your own bank account , then no one gets paid to package , ship , and serve you your caviar or champagne. I would have thought such things would appear fairly obvious.
Also , if there was this massive pole shift in the ecconomic stage, then it would likely spark , as you say , an armageddon. This means that not only would your money buy you nothing, because no one would be employed to do these things, but also , your POWER would be worthless because there would be no society left to control. Just disperate and un policable crazies living in groups of ten, roaming the land for supplies, and generaly trying to find somewhere safe to be.
Is it better to be a pauper with something, or the king of nothing?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Good article and of course America will collapse.

I said this when I first heard Bush mention a New World Order. You can't have a NWO if America is a superpower.

So in order to get this world order they will collapse the economy.

Obama talks about world order. Clinton, Bush, Gordon Brown, Kissinger and more.

Anyone who talks about a new world order is talking about the destruction of Americas Sovereignty.

This is because a global government will be able to override the Constitution. We would not be able to make laws that are not in line with this global government.

You can't have a NWO if America is doing well and the economy is booming. Out of chaos comes order and they have been playing out of this playbook for years.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by Matrix Rising]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

You make good points but don't offer any solutions...

Here is one-End the Federal Reserve Bank of America and let the treasury department issue dollars. It has been done in the past so why can't be done again?

All this rampant fear-mongering will only speed up our make-believe demise. It will be used as an excuse to create the Amero just as in europe we traded-in national currencies for the Euro. It's a setup and a lot of people are beginning to see it, yet NO ONE has the guts to do a damm thing about it other than cry, cry, cry away.

Indeed *congress* means to go backwards, while progress means to go forward. No other logical explanation!

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
I have to say that there is nothing good for anybody if they crash the US economy.

poor hungry people are easy to control

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Well argentina collapsed and they didn't lose a damm thing.

What makes you think it will be different in america? The sun will still shine in the morning and set in the evening...

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

And who is going to control them? If the US Economy collapses there will be no federal employee's sure there will be a few suckers that will work for free, but the majority of people are going to be marching straight to the door step of Washington and giving an ultimatum. Not to mention the rest of the economies in the world will collapse too, got to love globalization.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join