It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret's of the King's Chamber; Hawass' Revelation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

First, I am no authority on the subject, not even close.

I provided the link to the information I quoted. Its in the Preface. Where the author got this information I do not know. I haven't researched it that far.

I am just learning.

I will also read the links you posted. I keep an open mind and am absorbing as much information just as fast as I can read it.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
To be honest, the only evidence as far as I know, showing that Thoth had anything to do with the pyramids is in the Emerald Tablets and the history behind them is dubious.

Edgar Cayce was apparently told by the White Brotherhood to travel the South America and pick up these tablets. He was then to travel to Egypt, copy the tablets and leave them inturned in/under the great pyramid til a time that humanity can actually benefit from the teachings. We are childlike ignoramus' afterall.

So this whole things hinges on whether you believe this, quite far fetched story.

That said, I have read them and it was one of the greatest reads I've had. I read them about three times, each time with a different mindset and each time it seemed to impart, I wouldn't say knowledge or wisdom, but maybe insight? Into the subject I was using. The writings, ignoring all the dubious history, really are quite remarkable.

To me, the way this was written is the way I'd assume a more intellectual/advanced entity would attempt to record information. Simple, concise and incredibly diverse in it's ability to impart information. Just more efficient way of what we do.

Either way it comes down to what you believe, I'm still shaky about the the origins of the tablets, but for me, the tablets themselves were enough.

As for the pyramids, there are too many curious coincidences for me to accept that we have a firm grasp on what it's purpose was and who built it.#

Also, looks like those doors down the shaft swing inwards. Curious.

EMM

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

I wholeheartedly agree with your comment about Hancock's hypothesis. I met him in York once and we discussed the senario ... however, he can be infuriating when it comes to some of his books where he stops himself short, before commiting pen to paper about some of his thoughts concerning the pyramids.

I guess that's the nature of the beast though ... once you gain some notoriety in a particular field and people begin to listen to your opinion with respect ... well, you don't want to lose their attention by going that extra inch.

But I do believe the clues are all there ... we just haven't understood them yet !

Woody

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

You met Graham Hancock?

I envy you, hehe. Share with us what else he said, anything else interesting that may be relevant to this topic?

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
OK here is my take on it.

The great pyramind is a stargate. Hence the reason for the lack of hiroglyphs.

There are hiroglyphs in the chamber but they cannot be seen unless the vibration is right.

The vents or channels are for the ba and ka of the 'initiator' not pharoah necessarilly to escape the chamber with greater ease.

The reason for the blocking of the queens vent was to prevent the then queen from joining or going to the same destination as the ruling pharaoh at the time of building (possibly Koffu).

The kings chamber is an energy amplification device.

The stone sarcophagus is not in its orriginal posiition. It was moved by a pharaoh, initiator to prevent further travel to Orions belt (which is where the pyramid is set up for travel to)

The Great Pyramid was designed to fool looters into NOT FINDING the kings chamber which is the real treasure when understood.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by pharaohmoan

Wow, so confident and sure.

Surely you must have some evidence to back up these claims?

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Nope no evidence, it's all from memory so is a case of take it or leave it.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Oh I see.

Can I ask how you could have 'remembered' all this?

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

It's a past life thing and egytopology was one of my interests so I was 'shown' what the Great Pyramid was all about with a full demonstration!

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Regarding that story, I'd like to draw attention to an oldish post of mine.

The reasons for the importance of unearthing the origins of the story (at least in my view) are explained in the thread itself.

So... does anyone have access to the book?

[edit on 23-12-2009 by Vanitas]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Awesome, makes complete sense.

/sarcasm.

You haven't shown a 'demonstration' of anything.

reply to post by Vanitas

Wow, awesome find, I was trying to find it through references aswell but had no luck. I've done some searches on the book but really found nothing at all, it would be a fascinating read.

All i managed to find was an amazon link: www.amazon.co.uk...

But no luck:

Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Wow, awesome find, I was trying to find it through references aswell but had no luck. I've done some searches on the book but really found nothing at all, it would be a fascinating read.

All i managed to find was an amazon link: www.amazon.co.uk...

But no luck:

Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

I know, that's why I keep bringing it up...

Because I am sure it is available in the British Library, or the Library of Congress, to mention just two of the libraries in cities where currently I am NOT.

(nudge nudge, wink wink... anyone?)

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

The word "sarcophagus" denotes a meaning for some kind of coffin or a container that holds a corpse and was coined back in the 19th century I think. Personally I translate this to mean 'a stone tub of unknown purpose' when relating to these items.

The ratios of the Giza pyramid measurements are commensurate to astronomical measurements like the size of Earth, our motions around the Sun and alignments to certain stars. I don't think this would be any different with the passageways and rooms inside including the "sarcophagus". Consider the volume of this tub and its outside dimensions compared to the dimensions of the chambers inside. I have read that there is a relationship with these measurements and those with the Arch of the Covenant.

Originally posted by Hermes8
the sarcofagus is better called a box
it has the odd property of the interior volume one half that of the exterior volume (Secrets of the Great Pyramids, Peter Tompkins)

from laying inside the box and performing Egyptian sounds, what occurs is that the box amplifies the sound, it made it sound cirucular or spiral around me- like it twisted and turned around my body for a long time

I read Tompkins' book and a couple others that serbsta has posted and I find the connection in these writings to vibrating waves interesting. The idea that hieroglyphs can be read by vibrations of light, sound and perhaps even thought is very intriguing. I realized from this that we take for granted the fact that reading is the interpretation of different wave frequencies of reflected light and it is not a big leap from here to understand sound waves in the same way. You can hear the difference between an Oak tree and a Douglas fir as information is carried on the wind to your ear, but the idea of thought waves doing the same...? Very interesting I think.

Originally posted by Julie Washington
Older civilizations....this is where Thoth come in to play.

The Emerald Tablet of Thoth indicates he is the one who built the pyramids.

I also read "The Emerald Tablets" and my question has to do with its origin. To ask if there is any truth behind the implications of this information seems redundant given the context of the writing. It's as though the writing is an expression of "Truth" itself.

[edit on 12/24/2009 by Devino]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Hi Serbsta,

I often wonder if the "kings chamber" was built to appear as though it was an already looted tomb.

If the builders had any sense they would have known that tomb robbers posed a threat to their kings tombs,so it would make sense that they build decoy chambers into the pyramid,to confound those pesky looters.

Maybe Khufu is in there somewhere...

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

Maybe Khufu is in there somewhere...

That's what we're getting at here, and that's what Hawass has said in the video in the OP. He still believes that Khufu is buried inside, probably past the mysterious shafts that lead out of the King's chamber.

Even though I don't believe or agree with a lot of what he says, I still find Graham Hancock's hypothesis on the whole issue to be rather fascinating:

It had long been known that neither this southern shaft nor its counterpart in the Chamber’s northern wall had any exit on the outside of the Great Pyramid. In addition, and equally inexplicably, neither had originally been fully cut through. For some reason the builders had left the last five inches of stone intact in the last block over the mouth of each of the shafts, thus rendering them invisible and inaccessible to any casual intruder.

Why? To make sure they would never be found? Or to make sure that
they would be found, some day, under the right circumstances?

The notion that there might have been an intention from the outset to
stimulate such investigations would seem quite implausible if the final
upshot of the discovery and exploration of the shafts had been a deadend.
Instead, as we have seen, a door was found—a sliding, portcullis
door with curious metal fittings and an enticing gap at its base beneath
which the laser-spot projected by Gantenbrink’s robot was seen to disappear entirely ...

-Hancock, Fingerprints of the Gods

It (the Great Pyramid) was designed like a giant puzzle, always having more to be explored and more that remains intriguing.

[edit on 25/12/2009 by serbsta]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

From what I have read about these shafts I think they had a physical function or purpose just like the rest of the pyramid structure and many of the surrounding temples. There are many reasons why they are not good for air shafts one of which is the fact that they are blocked off and therefore do not allow air to pass through.
The idea that they could be used to sight stars is no good for the same reason and also the fact that they make several turns or changes in their angles of inclination which would also block incoming light.

There is a lot of good information on this at The UPUAUT Project's site.

What then was the purpose of these shafts?
"The great pyramid: observatory, tomb, and temple" by Richard Proctor brings out a very interesting theory as to how the pyramid could have been used as an observatory that would yield extremely precise results of astronomical alignments.

The idea is that the original function was used when the pyramid was truncated or unfinished at the level of the King's chamber at which point the shafts were opened and could be used to sight stars. The descending passageway (entrance), Grand Gallery and the "air" shafts could all be used to time stellar alignments making the pyramid an extremely accurate observatory. There are theories as to what stars align with what shafts and when these alignments occurred none of which I have checked myself so I don't know how accurate these claims are.

Perhaps the Queens chamber was the first level that was used for a particular alignment and then later it was added on to the level of the Kings chamber for a different alignment. At some point in time it was then finished and all of the shafts were sealed up from the inside as the construction continued.

This would mean that the pyramid was never intended to be used as a tomb and that the angle of the passageways and shafts were all intentional.

[edit on 12/25/2009 by Devino]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Devino

The idea is that the original function was used when the pyramid was truncated or unfinished at the level of the King's chamber at which point the shafts were opened and could be used to sight stars. The descending shaft (entrance), Grand Gallery and the "air" shafts could all be used to time stellar alignments making the pyramid an extremely accurate observatory. There are theories as to what stars align with what shafts and when these alignments occurred none of which I have checked myself so I don't know how accurate these claims are.

So you're saying that it could have been an ancient observatory? It's an interesting theory but the shaft's are sealed. What possible reasons could the pyramid builders have to seal the shafts, if it was indeed an observatory? For me that would not make sense, although structurally some elements of the pyramid would make it ideal for such a purpose, such as these shafts which Bauval discovered had an interesting relationship with Sirius, etc.

Then again, claiming that it was intended to become an observatory but that it was 'unfinished' is completely bunk. The Great Pyramid was not unfinished, it was coated with glimmering white limestone, one can only presume that this was done upon completion. The Great Pyramid was built exactly for what it was intended for, I personally do not believe that it is unfinished in any way.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
My sense of the Pyramids at Giza is that they were there thousands of years earlier than is generally accepted and that they once contained "equipment" that was removed and hidden somewhere. Since the first time I ever saw pictures of the inside, I had the sense that what I was seeing was like maybe seeing the observatory at Mt Palomar after someone had stripped out all the telescopes and equipment.

I just don't buy that it was simply a tomb.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
As in any engineering project, form follows function. The function of a pyramid structure which is astronomically aligned is to interface in some way with astronomical objects, obviously.

Interfaces are usually used to convert an input into a desired output.

Therefore, since glass prisms demonstratively convert/"Spread"

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
~hi,

The outward 'Pyramid', may represent, on different levels or dimensions, several different
things; for instance the human brain/pituitary is symbolized, represented by the granite
lined 'Kings chamber' & the empty box (pituitary-hypothalamus) sitting in the center of the
chamber (brain)...
then the 'Kings Chamber/(brain-soul)'has the two known small passages which would represent
one's ear cannals,or one's optic nerves from the eyes...
[perhaps two more small pathways remain to be discovered]

the entrance tunnel to the 'Kings Chamber/brain-soul would of course represent the mouth in which the walls of the entry way may well be coded, and reveal knowledge that the mind thought,
but words are forever enroute to be verbalized by the tongue/mouth/lips which are at the entrance to the KingsChamber=brain

++in addition the whole Pyramid base & design may symbolically represent the whole human form or even the human collective.
It has been found that former water chambers are carved out in the baserock foundation possibly symbolizing either the waters on & under
the Earth ----> or else are symbolizing the veins & arteries of the human body, which pump physical life through the form.

I'd suggest that the hidden & layered symbolism of the Pyramids are as multi-dimensional as the Maya Stella figures and names...it just depends on which level or dimension one is preceiving or 'looking' at.

another idea is that on one level, the Pyramid has a interior 'ramp' that had since been backfilled to create the classic Pyramid shape, but the interior 'ramp' used for the construction of the structure was the source for the accounts of ancient Entemenaki, Ziggerauts,
towers-of-babal: (structures which had hidden, occult knowledge built into the architecture) subsequently falsely labeled as attempts to ascend into the heavens by other cultures/religious peoples.

Google search engine: 'anatomy brain pituitary'...theres a short video available.

thanks
i'll get it looking good eventually

[edit on 25-12-2009 by St Udio]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join