It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret's of the King's Chamber; Hawass' Revelation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
...Of the Great Pyramid.

I just had time to sit and watch a National Geographic program tonight titled Naked Science: The Pyramids. In it, there was an exploration of the pyramids at Giza, but what really caught me off guard occurred right towards the end. I failed to find a small clip of the end of this show already online, so i recorded it off a TV using a camera phone.

Before I get to the video though, I would like to point out some things in regards to these mysterious shafts that have been so controversial in case anyone isn't familiar with them.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a88ea6546a53.gif[/atsimg]

NOTE

*The shafts that lead out of the King's (and Queens) chamber do not lead to the outside, they seem to have been "prematurely" cut off.

Just to put it into perspective, here is a visual to emphasize the small size of these shafts.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c94c29356f13.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/16b65b13b945.jpg[/atsimg]

It seems obvious that these were not meant for humans to pass through.

Anyway, back to Hawass.

The video speaks about the shafts that lead from both the King's and Queen's chambers. Hawass made, what is to me at least, a revelation, where he states:

"I still believe that the burial chamber of Khufu is still hidden inside the pyramid. That we are going to go, through, the first door and the second door to find out what is the mystery behind them."

(click to open player in new window)

In other words, he still doesn't know if this is the burial place of Khufu, i.e. if the Great Pyramid is a tomb at all.

This is baffling.

After all, orthodox Egyptology states that the Pyramids of Giza are "tombs and tombs only", with the King's chamber being called the "King's" chamber for a reason, it is believed to have been the resting place of Khufu, a pharaoh of the Fourth Dynasty, whose mummy was never found.

Before we get to any speculations about the purpose of the mysterious shafts and what lies behind their yet unexplored (as far as we have been made aware) shafts I want to focus on the "King's" chamber itself and the ever so mysterious 'sarcophagus' that lies embedded into it's very core.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/92f610ced74b.jpg[/atsimg]

The above is the "King's'" (excuse the constant sarcastic quotation of King's, it's on purpose) Chamber. Let's note a few things:

*The Great Pyramid is the greatest standing monument in Egypt and the ancient world. Why such a bland and bleak design for such a mighty ruler?

*Where are the lavish hieroglyphs and tools/treasures needed for the pharaohs in the afterlife?

*Where is the lid of this supposed 'sarcophagus' and the remains?

*Why is this the only Egyptian 'tomb' to have the burial chamber placed above the entrance?

So Hawass (let's not forget, this is the authority of Egyptology) does not believe that the current "King's" chamber is the burial place of Khufu and that the real chamber may still lie in the pyramid behind the unexplored shafts.

It beckons the almighty question, the greatest enigma...

What is the purpose of the Kings chamber and its almost haunting attempt at a sarcophagus? What becomes of this mystery when NO tomb/mummy of Khufu is found (which i believe it won't be) behind the unexplored areas?

Is it possible that we will be left with a monument which serves no purpose?

Or one that has long been forgotten, before any pharaoh walked those sands.

[edit on 11/12/2009 by serbsta]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
www.gizapyramid.com...

This is also a great link for anyone who want's more information.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Edit, double posted from last night.

[edit on 11/12/2009 by serbsta]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Great post. I love this topic.

I believe it is not a tomb nor sarcophagus...but what is it is, is a great question. I think it held something.

Also if you haven't seen this thread yet about the shafts, it is a great read. Full of tons of info, pics and more. Might keep you busy all weekend!

The Pyramid Shafts thread

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington
reply to post by serbsta

Great post. I love this topic.

I believe it is not a tomb nor sarcophagus...but what is it is, is a great question. I think it held something.

Also if you haven't seen this thread yet about the shafts, it is a great read. Full of tons of info, pics and more. Might keep you busy all weekend!

The Pyramid Shafts thread

Please elaborate on what you think it held or what you think its purpose was. I would love to hear it.

Thanks for the link, I've been through that thread and it was a fascinating read.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
This is a neat topic as I've always found it rather odd that it was so bare on the inside. Even Tutankhamen's tomb, which was rushed, was well decorated. Keep in mind that the exterior of the pyramid looked much different than what we see today. It was covered in gleaming white stone and capped with gold, it must have been quite a site to see.

I've never personally spent much time conjecturing on the sarcophagus in the King's Chamber so in the interest of speculation I'll throw out an idea that I haven't fleshed out in the least.

Perhaps it contained that which was contained in the Ark. Many believe the ark to have held a great power source of some kind far exceeding that which we would normally attribute to that period in history. Perhaps the object spoken of in the Bible was once with in the pyramid?

Granted, I haven't compared the time lines or even researched this idea in the least.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I would not trust anything Hawass says!He's the NASA of egypt.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit
I would not trust anything Hawass says!He's the NASA of egypt.

I respect your opinion, but he is the authority on Egyptology and he is not really complying with what has, been until recently, orthodox belief on the 'tombs and tombs only' theory.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Excellent job on raising all the right questions. You seem to have the old curator in a pickle and I'm loving that .Great observations.
SnF
It seems you have him conceeding, after many years, of that being nothing
but a burial chamber.
That is really something. I would love to hear him now go back again
and try to say it was a tomb.
Of course after that, there would be wide spread talk of his seniality. He
would step down after appointing a new. Then to celebrate, the new passes out free tickets to the same old Merry go round, with the brand new operator.
In doing so, would reconstitute all previous claims of Necromancy and
commence the ridicule of any alternative theories and bring to a halt
any hope of progress towards the advancement of COMMON knowledge
and then I shoot myself.

Woe got carried away there.:bnghd:

[edit on 12-12-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Excellent job on raising all the right questions. You seem to have the old curator in a pickle and I'm loving that .Great observations.
SnF
It seems you have him conceeding, after many years, of that being nothing
but a burial chamber.
That is really something. I would love to hear him now go back again
and try to say it was a tomb.

I will definitely be keeping an eye on Mr. Hawass, he better support what he said in that video 100% every time he speaks of it from now on.

I'm not too sure what to say about the rest of your post.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

the sarcofagus is better called a box
it has the odd property of the interior volume one half that of the exterior volume (Secrets of the Great Pyramids, Peter Tompkins)

from laying inside the box and performing Egyptian sounds, what occurs is that the box amplifies the sound, it made it sound cirucular or spiral around me- like it twisted and turned around my body for a long time

there is much speculation that originally the box was not placed where it is now, but between the two shafts- and that this position caused the box to vibrate even more
there are energy spots in the chamber that if you stand on- gives you a burst of electricity, while just an inch over has no such effect

to add- the ceiling of the chamber- while made of smooth granite blocks when looking up, are actually rough on the top- not left that way, but carved rough
while the floor beneath is not solid, but more like what you find in an egg-carton- which allows the amplification of sound and energy

i can attest from the many times in that chamber, that something happens in there, something energetic, as if one's entire genetic structure is getting alatered or changed- down to the level of the DNA.

- and don't forget J Kinneman claimed that he found an entrance in the south face to other shafts and chambers within the pyramid. My guess is the authorties know about these, but will only reveal them when they think it is right to do so

...oh and then there is what happens when in the red pyramid at Daschur- that's almost as amazing...

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Hermes8

I've read MANY accounts of strange sonic properties within the Kings chamber. But one story stands above the rest, that of Napoleon:

n the 18th century many foreign visitors came to the great pyramid. They were scholars, scientists, historians, explorers, etc. One of the most famous visitors to the great pyramid was Napoleon Bonaparte. His military expedition to Egypt in 1798 was not only military but archeological as well. He took with him engineers, surveyors, astronomers, artists and archeologists. They surveyed, measured, explored, and made drawings of the great pyramid. Their work was published in many volumes from 1809 to 1822 by order of Napoleon.

There is an interesting note to this story about Napoleon on his visit to the great pyramid. He asked to be left alone in the King’s chamber. When he emerged, it was reported that he looked visibly shaken. When an aide asked him if he had witnessed anything mysterious, he replied that he had no comment, and that he never wanted the incident mentioned again. Years later, when he was on his deathbed, a close friend asked him what really happened in the King’s chamber. He was about to tell him and stopped. Then he shook his head and said, "No, what's the use. You'd never believe me." As far as we know, he never told anyone and took the secret to his grave. (It is interesting to note that there is an unsubstantiated story that Napoleon had hinted that he was given some vision of his destiny during his stay in the King's Chamber).

Alexander the Great also spent time alone in the King's Chamber like many famous people throughout history. What draws these individuals to this place?

www.gizapyramid.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

From the very first time I saw the interior of The Great Pyramid, it reminded me of something ... and that 'something' was a derelict factory / empty warehouse.

I'm not saying the purpose of the pyramid was little more than a factory/warehouse (far from it) ... but I do believe it was a multi-purpose, multi-functioning structure ... not one of which function or purpose involved a burial suite for a dead pharaoh. IMHO

I agree with the point you make about lack of heiroglyphs etc ... if it was really the final resting place of the great pharaoh Khufu. The few illiterate almost illegible scawls that pass as heiroglyphic decoration, in the crawl spaces above the 'Kings Chamber'... well (again imho), it's laughable to suggest that they are little more than ancient grafitti *sp.

But when you look at all the troughs/ruts/alcoves/niches etc in the stonework of the chambers and grand gallery... well it really does look as if heavy equipment or even machinary has been dismantled and removed (just as you would expect to find in an old factory/warehouse).

Another thing that I've always found pretty unbelievable about the layout of The Great Pyramid, is the so-called 'unfinished' subterraneous chamber.

It is said that this was the place originally picked-out by the pharaoh for his burial chamber ... but apparently on a whim he had a change of mind, so the 'unfinished' chamber was left ... erm well ... unfinished. And it was relocated in the centre of the pyramid !!!

Come on.

The ancient Egyptians were so accurate and organized in everything they did ... are we really expected to believe this is what happened ?

More likely, if this had been the case they would have demolished or abandoned the entire structure and started again!

So for Zahi Hawass to slip-in a comment that suggests the 'Kings Chamber' remains undiscovered ... what can I say ... the man is disinformation personified. Just check-out the sweeping statements he has made since reaching his official status, they are countless.

And don't get me started on the claims of 'discovery' he has made as his own ... after the real discoverers have had their liscences revoked before being deported.
(deep breath and relax). But that's another thread entirely.

>>> (Note); If you click onto my username it will take you to my profile page, there you will see (righthand side of the page), a list of my 'other threads' ... amongst them you can find one entitled 'PYRAMID BUILDING ... ever noticed the deliberate mistake'.

You might find my idea for the lack of heiroglyphs in The Great Pyramid (and other Gizeh pyramids) interesting.

Woody

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

I really don't have any concrete theories yet. I have an open mind and am in the discovery process of others' theories.

My intuition is leading me towards connections to:

Thoth (Which I just started reading)
Power or Energy
Astrological
Crystals
Ley lines & energy grids
Gravity

Also what about the missing Cap Stone? I don't think I've seen a thread on that and I think it is a big (and important) part of the puzzle as it may have interacted with pyramid somehow.

I haven't done any research - but was the theory it was Gold?

As far as the shafts go - I don't know. I like Scott Creightons theory that they line up with the stars, however the connection he makes to a "physical pole shift" is disturbing.
Do Pyramid Internal Structures Indicate Earth Tilt?

I've added a bunch of books for my x-mas list, if anyone has any must read books on this subject let me know. So far here is my list:

Serpent in the Sky (West)
Lost Secrets of the Sacred Ark (Gardner)
Beneath the Pyramids (Collins)
The Keys of Egypt (Adkins)
The Tutankhamun Prophecies (Cottrell)
Sun of God (Sams & Hancock)
Fingerprints of the Gods (Hancock)
The Outsider (Wilson)
History is Wrong (von Daniken)

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

I'd ask Santa for some non fiction books also
Properly researched, only problem is they dont read so sensationally, and can be quite boring for most when its just about listing facts. These other stories make the authors rich, and the reader wanting more, heck I find them fun also, but tend to twicth at the majority of absurdities they claim. Anyway each to their own. Its kinda like taking the Da vinci code as historical lore, instead of a work of fiction

Some satisfying research presented on the Giza Complex is done by Mark Lehner, as I said though, You may find it boring lol!
www.touregypt.net...

@Serbsta, my contribution to the shafts question is in Kandinskys thread on the subject so I wont repeat myself other than to say, Im hoping to haer the Leeds universisty result from the latest probe

Im keeping an eye out, and will post here and there when I see the publication.
Cheers Zazz

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz

I'd ask Santa for some non fiction books also

LOL - That gave me a good chuckle.

Too bad Mark hasn't written a book since 2001, but I will check out the two he has.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Yes this subject is very interesting indeed, but its something I've read about on here before.
I agree with the most of the stuff Julie Washington has said that this has a connection to: Thoth which I'm not to sure about right now, energies of some sort, astrological most difinitely. I'm reading a book right now that was suggested by another member of this forum that is called "The Hidden Records 1" by Wayne Herschel and how he has found out that pyramid cultures around the world have built their pyramids to mimic the star constellations, very interesting stuff. Crystals, with that I've heard stories and theories about that with the Egyptians and Atlantians. Ley lines and energy grids oh yea. I've heard theories involving gravity as a way they built the pyramids or some sort of sonic technology to levitate the blocks.
I would also suggest using the search bar above and look up topics on egypt if you have not done so already.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch
reply to post by serbsta

I agree with the point you make about lack of heiroglyphs etc ... if it was really the final resting place of the great pharaoh Khufu. The few illiterate almost illegible scawls that pass as heiroglyphic decoration, in the crawl spaces above the 'Kings Chamber'... well (again imho), it's laughable to suggest that they are little more than ancient grafitti *sp.

Another thing that I've always found pretty unbelievable about the layout of The Great Pyramid, is the so-called 'unfinished' subterraneous chamber.

The lack of hieroglyphs within the Great Pyramid and even in other sites such as the Valley Temple and the Osirieon make them an anachronism of the ancient Egyptian age. The more and more i examine it the more I'm incline to follow suite with what Hancock has said, that there is a civilization that existed prior to the Egyptians which served as a guide to their development. I do not think that they were some super advanced civilization, but they did have systems of religion, hierarchy, agricultural and architectural technology in place. But Hancock let's me down with his bias on evidence sometimes... the theory still has a lot of merit though.

As for the subterranean chamber it was almost comical the first time I heard that it was a 'mistake' and that Khufu wanted to build his chamber in the heart of the Pyramid. Look at the perfection of the building, why make such a massive 'mistake'? It served a purpose we're yet unaware of.

At times I think it was just put there to intrigue and test the people, almost inviting you to continue further, but then there's a dead end (sub-ter. chamber), or another door (the shafts), or massive slabs (grand gallery), etc.

reply to post by zazzafrazz

I've been waiting patiently on our friend the RoboScarab for a while now. The last we heard was from Hawass back in August where he said that there had been 'major breakthroughs', and that's all he said. I'm hesitant in getting my hopes up, but I hope the old man proves me wrong.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Older civilizations....this is where Thoth come in to play.

The Emerald Tablet of Thoth indicates he is the one who built the pyramids.

"The history of the tablets translated in the following pages is strange and beyond the belief of modern scientists.

Their antiquity is stupendous, dating back some 36,000 years B.C.

The writer is Thoth, an Atlantean Priest-King, who founded a colony in ancient Egypt after the sinking of the mother country.

He was the builder of the Great Pyramid of Giza, erroneously attributed to Cheops.

In it he incorporated his knowledge of the ancient wisdom and also securely secreted records and instruments of ancient Atlantis.

The tablets translated in this work are ten which were left in the Great Pyramid in the custody of the pyramid priests. The ten are divided into thirteen parts for the sake of convenience.

The last two are so great and far-reaching in their import that at present it is forbidden to release them to the world at large.

However, in those contained herein are secrets which will prove of inestimable value to the serious student.

They should be read, not once, but a hundred times for only thus can the true meaning be revealed.

A casual reading will give glimpses of beauty, but more intensive study will open avenues of wisdom to the seeker."

www.crystalinks.com...

I haven't read it all yet, just getting started.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Can you link where this source that claims this is going back 36 000 years?
The oldest translations of the tablet are in Arabic. The Hermatic traditions are very very interesting,and I can see it as a source for many Oesteric traditions, But as we dont know who wrote it when, it's stretching. Also I can link alot of Jesus teachings to asian and indian mysticism, it could be a coincedence or not, that the eostorc nature is similar. Only Occultists link to the Giza complex by sayng it was found there. But there is no evidence of this.
I actually really like this work, and if there is a ATS thread on it, Ill pop on there to discuss.
"As above so is below"

Great line, and I like how its all about the mind and collective one.
The Metaphysiscst in me likes it, and the archaeolgist in me, knows that the GP has nothing to do with it

I know I'll appear evil doing this, so apoligies ad I know hard evidence is no fun, but here is a post on the facts supporting Khufus construction, from mapping, to quaries, cemetries, deforestation, bakehouses etc. The pyramid is not totally devoid of glyphs, there are glyphs that state this is being built for the great Khufu in the same ochre paint as the surveyor marks the whole way throughout the pyramid structure, including on the original wooden petrified beams.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cheers Zazz

[edit on 12-12-2009 by zazzafrazz]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join