It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tesla: "We Have a Message from Another World."

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok
So, in summary, he "observed electrical actions", in which he couldn't explain. He believed that they might have been a "message from another world". I guess its up to the reader to determine that its either alien message, or just detected radio waves.

I think that Tesla would have known the difference to be honest. He tested the basic radio as early as 1892. He was ready to transmit in 1895. He filed patents for his basic radios in 1897 and they were awarded to him in 1900.

Source
Source 2
Source 3

The dates vary depending on source but are in the same time line give or take a year. Surely after all this research and work he would have known the difference.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ch1ldofthe70s

I know I'm going to get stones thrown at because of this but:

I don't think its a matter of his knowledge. Its more a question of his ambitions. I think Tesla was a genius, but a underrated one, and he knew that, so to get what he needed, he was also able to make a lot of hype in order to get support.

He was also very known for making wild claims and putting forward things that never came true or even tested.

IMO, this is just one of the cases.

...can you imagine if someone picked this up and supported a Tesla Space Program?..

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Mythodea that was transmitted to Mars started each part with "One, Two, Three"

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

That could very well be the case. Unfortunately its one of those tidbits thats lost to the passing of time. History lost so to speak.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
When Tesla was testing his "spirit radio" he thought he was hearing voices from another world, he wrote about this in the article "Talking with the Planets" in Collier's Weekly, February 19, 1901, page 4-5, the article is available online at this link

..interplanetary communication has interested him (red. N. Tesla) for years, and he sees no reason why we should not soon be within talking distance of Mars or of all worlds in the solar system that may be tenanted by intelligent beings...

It was some time afterward when the thought flashed upon my mind that the disturbances I had observed might be due to an intelligent control. Although I could not decipher their meaning, it was impossible for me to think of them as having been entirely accidental. The feeling is constantly growing on me that I had been the first to hear the greeting of one planet to another...

Instructables.com has a tutorial of how to make your own Tesla spirit radio based on his patents.

Spooky Testla Spirit Radio

Here is a video of someone that has made his own Tesla spirit radio and hooked it up to his computer.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by Acharya]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bananasam

Well, that pretty much convinces me that there is extraterrestrial life out there coupled with other evidence I have seen from less credible sources such as NASA.

Now come to think of it, I am surprised that public disclosure has not yet occurred considering Tesla was aware of extraterrestrial life more than a hundred years ago. It is probably the cost of not having this world destroyed by those who will do anything to prevent disclosure unless it benefits themselves.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Quite interesting. I do not know what to make of it.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I hear some saying that he could have been possibly picking up Pulsar transmissions. I don't buy it. Pulsars aren't "periodic", they are cyclic. More precise than an atomic clock, in fact.
Tesla was hinting at patterns in the impulses that suggested a numbering system. This discludes Pulsars, in my opinion.

Also, I don't think he is talking about his spirit radio. He had already perfected that. He had said that he was able to digest the signature of each electrical pulse within 1,100 miles of his location when he was getting these signals... they came from somewhere else.

Very interesting indeed. The man was unparalleled in his genius and if I'm not mistaken, he had become almost compulsive over the idea that he was able to communicate with offworlders before the Government killed him.

Going so far as to trying to use the Eiffel tower as a tramission source.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

Originally posted by Toxicsurf
So, if Tesla was receiving messages, why aren't we still? Or are we and its being covered-up?...

Was SETI set-up as the sole listening outpost so that they could get the messages and then be able to release dis-information?....

The entire censor system is built on very few, usually government, agencies having sole access to space. Its amazing that people actually trust what they are saying.

Take a step back and really think about the structures of information distribution in our world. Naturally the aliens are the ones who dont want public disclosure, otherwise they would make it so. The governments are just playing along, for whatever reason.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by Copernicus]

Having heard the PR people of SETI speak on a few occasions over the years it has been easy to tell when they speak that they are full of crap and 19th century type thinking and thus fully known that they are just some front for propaganda mixed in with child like thoughts and ideals about space science. And the MSM just laps it up like a dog sucking eggs, I bet they are too stupid to realize they have been a laughing stock in many circles.... sad isn't it..

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Dont get me wrong, i too believe that he was a genius beyond imagine. But after watching that video of the spirit radio, one would have to wonder how much was really understood about the electronics he was useing. For example, it was demonstrated how it was very sensitive to light and other factors that could have been in his workshop. After all im sure that there where hundereds of electrical experiments in his study that may have casused a chronological pateren to be detected. But who really knows?

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Tesla was able to draw free energy from the 'ether'

Yes he did know what that was, it's called Torsion Field Physics.
He new about this 110 years before we did.

He had knowledge that there was a way of taping in to a field of power that led him to 0 point energy.

In a way it like taping in to the 4th dimensional power grid and using it here.
A unlimited power supply.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Tesla was a genius and a half, but he was also a bit crazy.

He hated/ was scared of pearls. Hair. Fat people.
He had his quirks, that's for sure.

And as far as the strange stories about him and aliens.... I remember something vaguely about him & Marconi faking their deaths and flying off in uFos to South America.....

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
...Also, I don't think he is talking about his spirit radio. He had already perfected that. He had said that he was able to digest the signature of each electrical pulse within 1,100 miles of his location when he was getting these signals... they came from somewhere else...

It would be a radical thought indeed that in order to talk to other worlds one would not need huge antennas costing millions of dollars, but that anyone with a basic knowledge of engineering could build a small device using cheap electronic parts and use that instead.

[edit on 12-12-2009 by Acharya]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Tesla was in the radio business after all.
The pulsed type and not TEM Hertz type.
That also made power and communication beams to the planets.
Now we believe him.
Not that there is anything out there to communicate with.
From Dec 16, 1899 to Dec 31, 1899 there were no notes in his
Colorado Springs Notes 1899-1900, at least that the publishing powers
are allowed to tell us.
So party on Mr Tesla and write to American Red Cross to get ready
for the invasion of aliens as soon as you get their arrival message.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I wish so badly i could read this! I have such a fascination with everything Nicola Tesla did. PLEASE, please type out this letter in quotes below the actual thing or something.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hm?heather
I wish so badly i could read this! I have such a fascination with everything Nicola Tesla did. PLEASE, please type out this letter in quotes below the actual thing or something.

It must have been translated by now.
Tesla's publications have bee scrutinized by hundreds of
researchers.
One Tesla author is an FBI handwriting expert.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Acharya

What you consider to be "basic engineering knowledge" at the time was anything but.

And in fact, he is still a man of much study.

As has been alluded to here, there are many things about the man's work that were "concealed".

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I wonder what it would take to make a small scale receiver?
Like an 8 foot dish and a bit of hardware... I just am having a hard time trusting anything anymore and would like to "hear" the sky for myself.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
A lot of people took advantage of poor Tesla (Edison, Marconi, JP Morgan, etc.). He was HIGHLY eccentric and many think that he may have had Asperger's Syndrome or Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. He was obsessed with his work and an excellent example of a 'mad scientist'. He trusted people too much when they gave him their word to pay him for his work. He died in a hotel room alone and almost penniless. In other words, he wasn't worldly or money-savvy. It was almost like he didn't know how to handle money. What money that he did make went straight back into his research. He felt very passionate about sharing free energy with the world. When JP Morgan found out what Tesla wanted to give the world for free, he pulled Tesla's funding because he 'couldn't put a meter' on it. In other words, if he couldn't make money off something that we didn't have to pay for, then he wasn't interested in letting us have it. Nice, huh? That's why we're not as advanced as we could/should be. Many think that the secret military is light years ahead of anything we know because they are the ones who ended up benefiting from Tesla's work, but I digress. Considering Tesla's personality, I find it hard to imagine that he would lie about the off-world transmissions. In fact, I read somewhere that he was quite concerned about their contents. I've searched high and low trying to locate what those transmissions said. If anybody knows, please let me know.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

That's right. Supposedly, scientists are still poring over his work looking for clues and gleaning ideas for new projects and technologies. Everytime I run across that video of Neil Armstrong giving that speech to the school kids about uncovering protective truths and going to places beyond belief, I think of Tesla. It wouldn't surprise me at all if one of our planets or moons is already inhabited with Earthlings (us). Think about it. If a handful of people had the technology to travel in space and inhabit other places, would they let the public know about it so we could come too? No. Like true elitists, they'd keep it to themselves. I've wondered many times if the all the money that keeps 'disappearing' is going toward building whatever they have off world, and I'm not talking about the ISS, which I think is a distraction or something other than what they say it is.

[edit on 12-12-2009 by gazerstar]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join