It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fourth Horse of the Apocalypse – Pale or GREEN?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
"Pale" or "green" - either way you have the color of a corpse. And it's being ridden by death.

I swear you people spend so much time hoping for the world to end, you could at least figure out your own darn prophecies. They're pretty damn simple as far as prophecy goes.

The Revelation is not really prophecy, it is Apocalyptic.

Prophecy is discreet predicted events, sometimes with specific time fulfillments...
...Apocalytic is different.

Have you ever seen one of those Stereogram pictures...
...you get the focus correct and a 3D image forms.

In advance you can speculate on what Apocalyptic means...
...and you will see patterns...
...but it really only comes into focus when the event is at hand.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

Apocalypse = revelation = prophecy.

Prophecy is different from predictions. A prophecy is something that has been revealed to you (as in, a revelation, or in Greek, Ἀποκάλυψις). A prediction is guesswork.

The book of Revelation is a long prophecy.

Just 'cause you happen to think it's true doesn't make it different, and it certainly doesn't make it very deep prophecy. it just means that all the Christians confounded by what it means probably aren't as sharp as they like to think they are

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
This is my current interpretation of the four horsemen

Revelation 6:2 The first seal opened.
And I saw, and behold a white horse and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

The first rider is Jesus, the Holy Spirit. The bow with no arrows is as to say 'Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.' Zechariah 4:6
The crown is his spirit and he went forth conquering and to conquer. White symbolizes Righteousness

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Revelation 6:4
And there went out another horse that was red and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.
Red symbolizes the Blood of the Lamb

The rider is an Angel of the Lord. He was given the power to take peace from the earth. He was also given a great sword.
An angel is a messenger and so the message that took peace from the earth was the gospel of Jesus Christ, the great sword is the word of God.

Matthew 10:34
Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Zechariah 1:8
I saw by night, and behold a man riding upon a red horse and he stood among the myrtle trees that were in the bottom; and behind him were there red horses, speckled, and white.

Zechariah 1:11
And they answered the angel of the LORD that stood among the myrtle trees, and said, We have walked to and fro through the earth, and, behold, all the earth sitteth still, and is at rest.

Revelation 5:6
And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

Revelation 6:5
And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.
6And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

The rider is a Judge who is also Jesus and the pair of balances in his hand are a symbol of judgement and justice. The oil and the wine of the earth are not hurt, those who actually belong to the body of Christ
and the rest are weighed in the scales and judged according their own works. Black symbolizes Judgement and Justice

Acts 17:31
Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

(continued)

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
(continued)

Revelation 6:8
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth,
to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Notice the riders name is Death with a capitalized D and one of the ways he was given power to kill was with 'death'. So the lower case 'death' must be actual death
The riders name with a capital D, Death, is referring more to someone who has authority over death. Hell also is not a burning place after death, the hell that follows Death here
is one on earth when the persecutors come after you to deliver you to actual death, after you so choose Death.
Hell on earth, the enemy is sent to kill you by sword, hunger, death and beasts of the earth.
Just think about how everyone who has ever followed God died such as Jesus and his disciples.
I know this one is particularily hard to understand that in following Jesus to the 'Death', you will have hell to pay on earth but it shall lead to eternal Life.
Pale symbolizes Death

Acts 2:31
He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

Revelation 1:18
I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

So we see now that ALL four horsemen are about God
Zechariah 6:5 And the angel answered and said unto me, These are the four spirits of the heavens, which go forth from standing before the LORD of all the earth.

Is it a coincidence that the history of Christianity would mimick the colors of the horsemen? First came the Romans in white, the Spanish in red, the Puritans in black and the modern day armies in camouflage.
The result of this being that in these last days, people would blame the worst bloodbaths in history on Christianity.
God said, his people would be destroyed for lack of knowledge.
We have been trained to think of the horsemen as something dreadful and seen outside ourselves.
There are likely some who actually did justify their killings in this.
The truth of the scripture reveals that they are the spirits of the Lord and if meditated upon strengthens the spirit to do Gods will through peace and not bloodshed, the pale horse should help one to overcome the fear of death.

[edit on 28-1-2010 by iamnot]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamnot
We have been trained to think of the horsemen as something dreadful and seen outside ourselves...

...The truth of the scripture reveals that they are the spirits of the Lord and if meditated upon strengthens the spirit to do Gods will through peace and not bloodshed, the pale horse should help one to overcome the fear of death.

I actually think you are on to something here.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
YES!

excellent!

i've tried to share similar ideas before, but i guess i should just get used to the fact that it's better if i, personally, just don't say a word about it.

but i'm really thrilled to hear someone else seeing it the way it's been shown to me, too!

for iamnot!!!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
YES!

excellent!

i've tried to share similar ideas before, but i guess i should just get used to the fact that it's better if i, personally, just don't say a word about it.

but i'm really thrilled to hear someone else seeing it the way it's been shown to me, too!

for iamnot!!!

James A Fowler has a similar approach in his Revelation Series...
Jesus: Victor Over Religion
www.christinyou.net...

Concerning the Pale/Green horse he says...

"Based on the substitutionary death of Jesus Christ and His resurrection, Paul could taunt the one having the power of death, saying, "O death, where is your victory?" (I Cor. 15:55). Christians are still called upon to follow Jesus "even unto physical death" (2:10), but the "sting of death" has been removed (I Cor. 15:55,56) by the eternal life that we have in Jesus Christ, and we can give "thanks to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ" (I Cor. 15:57).

He applies the apocalyptic symbols in a personal/pragmatic sense...
...as you suggested...

the pale horse should help one to overcome the fear of death.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Is this time at hand?

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: troubleshooter
I posted this in 2009...is the prophecy being fulfilled now?

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 05:46 AM
link   
There are actually five horses.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: GravitySucks

Love it!

edit on 22/9/21 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join