It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Gang rape' victim lied to get pity

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Cheers guys and stars for each of you.

I can see murder as an option, always have.

But raping or disfiguring someone else just goes beyond my own values - don't see the point. Perhaps I'm stupid.

I agree we are animals but I try my best to 'rise above' that part of me.

I still stand by those who lie should get the same as those who do. I think we all agree on that.

Ammarite?

-m0r

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

I took this as "guys who do bad things should get raped in prison on top of their sentences". That is joked about quite a bit on ats and all over the media as well. My first recollections of it when i was younger is in movies adn tv shows where cops/lawyers would say something like "do you know what they do to guys like you in prison?" etc.

The thing is, if there is a hefty fine for falsely "crying rape", wont fewer and fewer women come clean? Like why would the fake victim even bother? Is someone who falsely accuses someone of something REALLY gonna have a crisis of conscience and basically sentence him/herself to jailtime??? I doubt it.

Also, if guys are getting sentenced for false accusations, why are real victims afraid they wont be believed? Don't they keep the victim's names out of the media? Is it simply because they will be asked questions about it in court?

If unreported rape is indeed a huge problem, it kind of makes me wonder why people aren't in an uproar over it. I guess it's no surprise though, I've read a couple good threads on child abduction that the media doesn't seem to want to touch either.......But hey, it's no prob, at least we know how many women Tiger has slept with....???????

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
This pisses me of to no end. I know some women are abused, raped, ect. It happens. Yes, but it is deffinately not cool, but it boils my blood that whenever they call the cops they always are made out to be the victem. Not only with rape but a whole lot of other things. From gettint put on child support for a kid thats not even yours to going to jail for four years (and you know what they do to rapists in jail) for rapeing a woman that you went to a party with. Its just not right.

I good friend of mine from highschool, who is in the military, made the mistake of marrying one of these so called "bad apples." Needless to say after he got back from Iraq he had nothing in his home. She even took the silverware. Then she comes crying to his door one night after her new boyfriend beat the crap out of her and tryied to get back with my friend. He says no, she calls the cops and send him to jail for spouse abuse. Now he has no chance of getting his kids (they have 3), he has to pay child support for all of them, and he barely gets to see them at all (supervised visits).

Tell me how that crap is right.

MessOnTheFED!

[edit on 11-12-2009 by MessOnTheFED!]

[edit on 11-12-2009 by MessOnTheFED!]

My dad has a friend(who's in his 40's) who recently divorced his 2nd wife and he was able to take the kid(5-7 years old I presume). The ex wife called the cops & reported him for child molestation. Cops came to the house & they did their thing. They questioned his kid & he said his dad was doing nothing wrong. The child is living with the mother and her new boyfriend at the moment while my dads friend can't see his son because he has to finish his case...women...

[edit on 11-12-2009 by la vie]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Yup... it's all part of the plan.

Did you know that Rape is one crime that needs no evidence to convict?

All they need is the Woman's sayso, and the man is sent to prison, without Evidence...

This case is a clear example, as are many others.

Same for the "Child Molestation" charge, "Domestic Violence" charge... etc, etc, etc...

Too bad buddy... she's found a new man to take care of her... and it's Big Brother.

"Under the spreading chestnut tree, I sold you and you sold me"
-George Orwell, 1984

-Edrick

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Crap like this is a big reason I dont know anyone or go out anywhere with anyone and never speak to anyone.

You could meet 50 really nice normal people in a row but all it takes to ruin your life is one psycho you happened to make random eye contact with.

Nothing ruins a nice quiet life quite like other people.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
This is horrible and there should be a nasty punishment for women who like like this. However, I notice that this thread is just bashing women in general because some have lied about rape. Has anyone thought that if men did not rape women in the first place, they would not be able to accuse any of them of it? Just saying it seems silly to just get mad at women for falsely reporting rape when we should also be mad at men for creating the atmosphere in which that works so well.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Rape is an unacceptable form of behaviour, no matter who the perpetrator happens to be. But it is times like these where one wonders where the line is drawn. I don't think the crime should be trivialised by any means, but it is not as black and white as most people think. It always helps to see both sides of the situation. Unfortunately for this man, his side of the story was simply ignored and this woman was able to lie and make him suffer for something that he did not take part in.

I have read many stories lately about women that have got really drunk, woke up next to somebody in the morning and assumed they had been raped. Often, they are told that they did consent to the sex, but cannot remember because they were so drunk. I do emphasise that "being drunk" is not an excuse to commit a crime, but I think it needs to be taken into consideration. If both people are drunk, and they both want sex at the time, how can the other say afterwards that they were raped?

All I am saying is that because rape is a very serious crime, it should be proven beyond doubt before somebody is charged with it.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

All she got was a perjury charge?!

I'm hoping I just missed that part of the article that mentioned how she will now be servicing the same term that the falsely accused was set to live out. There should be no excuse to let someone get away with such a thing, it waters down the chance of putting real rapists behind bars and clogs the injustice system.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I sometimes catch a lot of flak here on ATS for sticking up for humane punishment and fair trials for criminals of violent crimes including rape.

This is the exact reason why.

I once saw a man beaten to death by a flash mob in under 5 minutes that gathered after a woman screamed rape while pointing at a fleeing man running down the street away from her.

When the Sheriff’s Deputies arrived on the scene they were horrified when the tear stricken woman recanted her accusation and informed the Deputies the man was her Husband and his true crime was trying to sneak out of their house with the grocery money to buy crack coc aine with.

Suffice to say that the woman was desperate and it seemed like a good idea to her in a heated and panicked moment.

The truth is that such false charges are usually something leveled in some temporary or prolonged state of emotional upheaval and turmoil. The truth also is that they can have deadly consequences.

I don’t favor sending such people to jail. I do favor labeling them with the same ‘sex offender’ status as convicted rapists and molesters are tagged with for life.

She can still enjoy some of the fruits of freedom but will always have probationary oversight from her state and residency and work restrictions that would make it impossible for anyone intimately involved in her life to not know what she had done and the possible jeopardy they place themselves in getting involved with.

As that flash mob demonstrated to me so well that day as do many members on ATS with their calls for elaborate execution rituals for criminals the propensity for vengeance based on purely emotional desires is overwhelming to some people.

Justice when rendered in the form of punishment in my humble opinion should always be tempered with wisdom and compassion for at the end of the day its only in doing that and supporting that, that we do separate ourselves morally and spiritually from the criminals and their crimes we so often despise.

[edit on 11/12/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Edrick
Yup... it's all part of the plan.

Did you know that Rape is one crime that needs no evidence to convict?

That is absolute nonsense. Usually a rape kit is done and dna taken.. (blood,semen etc) the woman is not allowed to wash herself, she undergoes a gynological exam and police actually take pictures of her injuries (bruises, vaginal tearing etc) which would be a violation in itself. She then gets to recount her experiences in front of a courtroom at which point her entire sexual history is dragged up to humilate her further and she gets accused of being as whore/slut by her rapist's lawyer. Then there is the matter of finding witnesses etc. Only a fraction of rapes get reported.. (it's something like 10%) and only a fraction of those end in convictions. While I agree they should throw the book at this woman ..I do not think there is ANY reason to assume that most rape allegations are false.

All this story proves is that ONE woman lied about being raped.. that should not effect the credibilty of other women who claim to be raped.

I find it amusing that you used this story to argue that rape convictions require no evidence.. yet the same article says otherwise:

www.smh.com.au...
Statistics on the prevalence of recanted rape allegations vary widely, but most unravel before anyone is convicted, said Scott Burns, the executive director of the National District Lawyers Association and the former DA of south-west Utah's Iron County

[edit on 11-12-2009 by riley]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Plasma applicator

You're right about one thing Plasma. It is almost impossible to prosecute a case where a man was raped. Up until very recently it was considered impossible for a woman to rape a man, because many people confused the physiological response of a man with consent. A man really has no control over whether or not his anatomy responds, but he still has a conscious choice that he should be allowed to make.

As far as men raping other men, as with most other rapes, it is all about power and control, and not really about sex, therefore it isn't prosecuted the way it should be, but I disagree on one point.........I think prison rape is the single best deterrent for committing crimes!! It shouldn't be funny, but it is. A lot of petty criminals don't worry about a 6 month stint, or even a 5 year bid, but they certainly give that rape scenario a lot of thought!!

As to the question "Why does rape happen?" Sadly, we are only animals, and rape is the way of the animal kingdom. A philosophy teacher of mine pointed out that the Number 1 instinct in an animal is "Survival of Species" after that comes "Survival of Self" and others, but in general, animals will risk or even sacrifice their own lives in the name of sex! That is a pretty powerful instinct/urge! It is readily observable in humans, and rape is the just one of the byproducts of it. I am not defending anyone who makes the choice to rape, because it is a choice, but even consensual sex has resulted in a lot of murders and accidental deaths, so trying to prevent rape is pretty futile.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
The woman should be forced to the EXACT same punishment that was given to her accused.

She should rot in a cell for 20 years.

There should be no exception, these cases should NOT be taken lightly, and it needs to be pressed that this isn't a joking matter. And i am sure after 20 years behind bars she will never try and lie about something this severe again, and hopefully others will head her example...

Disgusting... I hope this man sues the government for every penny he can.. he was obviously arrested and charged with no evidence aside from a womans word.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I don't think she should get 20 years, but she should certainly be sentenced to the exact same amount of time that she took away from this man. Whatever time he spent in prison, to the day should be her sentence.

Ironically, if this woman was now to be raped for real, she wouldn't have a chance at being believed. The case probably wouldn't even get to court!

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
The woman should be forced to the EXACT same punishment that was given to her accused.

She should rot in a cell for 20 years.

There should be no exception, these cases should NOT be taken lightly, and it needs to be pressed that this isn't a joking matter. And i am sure after 20 years behind bars she will never try and lie about something this severe again, and hopefully others will head her example...

Disgusting... I hope this man sues the government for every penny he can.. he was obviously arrested and charged with no evidence aside from a womans word.

I totally agree with you, but it is a double edged sword. If we make the punishments for false accusations more strict, then maybe they will happen less often, but nobody will be recounting their testimony!

Suppose this woman knew she was facing 20 years if she changed her story.......she never would have recanted, and the judge never would have overturned the case, and the innocent man would still be in jail!

I am sure he would rather be out of jail and knowing she got away with something, than to be in jail and knowing she lied!

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
this woman should have to spend 40 years in prison for her crimes now.

It should return to her 10 fold.

Absolutely disgusting and just another prime example of how wrong feminists really are: Men are the minorities in the sex wars. Women have all the power, and this case is proof of it.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
We have a problem. This problem does not apply only to ATS, it applies to other forums as well.

That problem is that on certain subjects it is impossible to have meaningful discussion.

This subject is one of them.

The topic is "false accusations of rape", yet in the first few posts the subject was changed to "people who were afraid to report rape". This totally derailed the thread. Now you have people falling all over themselves to say that they don't condone rape. I came to this thread to discuss false accusations of rape. Right now at this moment I don't care about the people who are afraid to report rape. If I wanted to discuss that, I'm sure that I could find a thread on that subject and I may do that.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499

I came to this thread to discuss false accusations of rape. Right now at this moment I don't care about the people who are afraid to report rape. If I wanted to discuss that, I'm sure that I could find a thread on that subject and I may do that.

They were not derailing...but you are.

Talking about false accusations of rape has implications of "What could happen if..."

What would happen if falsely accusing of rape had true consequences...etc...

that is what they're talking about.

You are the first post to derail. Jeesh. Take a chill pill & sit down

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Don't have sex with drunk people.

Many people do take advantage of someone who is drunk.

My husband knew of a guy who he found out that they guy was that sort - and at a party saw a girl passed out and decided that he could just hike her skirt. When done, the guy decided to take her off the balcony and back inside to "be nice." Turn out, the guy raped his sister.

Be smart and do not screw someone (other than maybe someone you've been with for sometime and you two already know the "rules") when you are drunk.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
So someone feels that 'rape is an unacceptable form of behaviour'.
So on a par with being rude to traffic police and slamming the door in someone's face then!! Words fail me....
I don't think, in the UK anyway, the courts take the word of the victim without any evidence. That said, there will always be miscarriages of justice. We have to focus on ways to prevent this.
What about lie detector tests and things like memory recall.. Do they work and if so, should they not be used?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

What you are talking about is a mistake without intent. It is way different.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join