It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it every main news story has to be a conspiracy??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious
reply to post by Dorian Soran

Yes, and in the third group of countries, which you seem to not want to think about, the news is neither controlled entirely by commercials, or by the government, and the presenters and producers are free to talk about what they want, when they want.

Really?...REALLY? You TRULY believe that? I would beg to differ and simply state that things are controlled EVERYWHERE - they are just controlled differently with varying results. Please do not kid yourself or anyone else - there is no independant journalism - everyone has an agenda and is controlled by someone.

Dorian Soran

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by KeeperOfGenisis

After being a while on ATS, everything on the news and what mainstream media tells feels like a conspiracy.
That's just my opinion.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Dorian Soran

Yeah - controlled by their editors. If what you say is true, it would be physically impossible for anyone to start a blog without being approached by some shadowy person coercing them to follow their agenda.

That is clearly not the case. Paranoid, much?

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Im really just asking becaue suerley every little piece of news cant have some kind of conspiracy behind it i may be wrong of course but thats just the way i feel

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Because we live in a Country of EXTREME SECRECY. Period. If we were all honest with eachother we wouldnt look past what our president tells us. Sadly thats not the case. It also doesnt help when our elected leaders belong to Organizations in which they swear oaths of secrecy which SUPERCEED any oaths they give outside the Order.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
but im not in your country but Australia is just as corrupt so i do know where your coming from im just waiting for our big terrorisim attack to justify our troops involvment overseas or is it just a case of the USA says jump and Kevin Rudd and John Howard say or said how high sir lol

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I once had a social psychology professor that said, "The media may not control what you think, but they control what you think about." I think this pretty much sums up why everything in mainstream media is considered a conspiracy. It's a device used to control what people are talking about, and what they are thinking about.

Have you ever noticed that when any issue is discussed on mainstream media they not only control what is talked about but what two options you have as far as opinion goes? I don't think I explained that well, so I'm going to give an example.

Take global warming. First, they want you to be thinking and talking about it. That's the first manipulation. Second they give two sides to the argument. They favor one, but they always mention the other. What they have done is created a box. If you agree, this is why. If you disagree, this is why....When in fact, there are a variety of other angles to any given story.

The bottom line is that mainstream media does not exist to inform. It exists to tell people what to think, and then, what they should think about it.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by KeeperOfGenisis

I agree that not every news story is a conspiracy, but after a while you just start to notice that you almost never get the real story.

You might enjoy this, just an example of why some of us do not really trust the news.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

I remember seeing these newcasts and they seemed very real to me at the time. But, they were just bad acting and lousy sound effects.
Makes me wonder, what is real and what is fake, as I am sure they did not quit doing this.

[edit on 13-12-2009 by amaranth] added link

[edit on 13-12-2009 by amaranth]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join