It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it every main news story has to be a conspiracy??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I've only been on here for a couple of months but one thing i have noticed is that every major news stroy according to most people is full of conspiracies as such, surely not every story is a conspiracy.
Don't get me wrong i love a good conspiracy but this is getting beyond ridiculous.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by KeeperOfGenisis]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Many rich people that you and I don't know and never will know, control the media. They influence the way news is filtered and delivered. Check out "Outfoxed" movie. Start there.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by KeeperOfGenisis

Why in the world would you come to a conspiracy theory website and complain about everything being a conspiracy? No offence, just wondering.

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Most of the news is manufactured to keep us busy anyway, why not let us enjoy it?

Maybe pick a particular conspiracy, and explain that away.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Why?

.........Because it's soooooo much fun.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

This is a conspiracy website.

I see a conspiracy here.

You see a conspiracy there.

Here + there = conspiracies everywhere.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Why is it every main news story has to be a conspiracy??

Didn't you know, conspiracy 'theory' is big business; have to keep people fearful, to bring in the clicks and $$'s.

Just view content here (and elsewhere) with rose-tinted glasses and you'll be able to discern the BS from the truth.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

What im really trying to say is that surely not all these svents are conspiracies i love A good conspiracy but not everything in the world has to be one.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Mainstream media news is a conspiracy because it's an distracting method to keep you ignorant.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Besides it being a conspiracy site, I believe the phrase is "like attracting like."

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Because we are crazy. You mean you hadn't noticed?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
well because they probably are.
you may not have noticed but all governments are pathological liars.

The only time they would speak the truth is when it makes them look good.
we just try to take the lies they give us and deduce the truth from it.

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me!

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

I do see your point, however when you get to feeling the way you are rite now i encourage you to go here:

Good site for you

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Some people are paranoid, and so they don't trust many things, especially not news agencies. It's that simple. This website attracts loads of paranoid folks, which unfortunately drowns out the relatively smaller number of people on here who value critical thinking, accurate research, and real investigation.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I think 'every' news story is an exaggeration; however, I understand what you mean. I believe the answer is in the fact that it's 'news'. The news is reported by people who depend on advertising to make money. The news has a tendency to sensationalize, embellish and out right lie while reporting any given story. Many times we get conflicting reports on the same story, depending on which news outlet one may be watching. Bottom line is that they leave holes in their stories and ATSers have a knack for filling in the blanks.

Just my 2-cents

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Not all news is commercial in nature, fyi. Maybe nearly so in the US, but not in other countries.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Op, what people mean is that they are pushing an agenda. News and papers are there to get you to follow someone elses thought patterns and way they want you to see the world.

Of course there is real news, and its just the way these people push it.

Look at the different way msnbc and foxnews push the news. Same story but pushed over the tv differently.

Its this that people must be aware off. But alot of news stories are just made up also.

But this site gets people to think about what the real story is, whats wrong with that.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious
reply to post by Aggie Man

Not all news is commercial in nature, fyi. Maybe nearly so in the US, but not in other countries.

OK. I'm just speaking in terms of what I know about. I can't speak for news organizations in other countries. I was simply giving my opinion to the OP's question. Does the commercial free news not report the same stories that commercial news reports?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious

You are correct - in some other countries the news is controlled 100% by the government or dicator with dire results should the presentor stray from the script.

Dorian Soran

[edit on 11-12-2009 by Dorian Soran]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Dorian Soran

Yes, and in the third group of countries, which you seem to not want to think about, the news is neither controlled entirely by commercials, or by the government, and the presenters and producers are free to talk about what they want, when they want.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join