It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atmospheric Phenomenen Identyifying- List

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AbandonFaieth
Oz... thank you very much for showing us the interesting world above! great thread great references S&F for you sir!

Thanks

And thanks for bumping the thread

Always good to see my old threads get attention

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
funny thing...i didnt come across this thread till yesterday. (Dec 2) and here just looking in Colorado i have seen 3 of the cloud formations..

Circumhorizon Arc or Cirumhorizontal Arc saw today at about 1130 MDT
didnt catch the name but the ufo clouds yesterday
and again yesterday the clouds that look like breaking waves....i have pictures of all three once i get them uploaded to my comp i will try and share them here.

again Oz thanks for making me look up to the usually boring clouds!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
The above statement is seen to be contradictory. The situation is very critical and need an experience complainer to resolve it. Hat’s off. Well done, as we know that “hard work always pays off”, after a long struggle with sincere effort it’s done. This conversation is going no where. It’s lacking the place of a good leader to head the things to come out on conclusion.
======================
Debt Consolidation Program

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Newbie can get better information from this thread...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Nice thread

I've seen sundogs and Circumzenithal Arcs at the same time.......it's a pretty darn cool sight, let me tell ya.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Just went through this thread from start to finish thanks OP , it makes a stale old dog feel like a puppy again

Once saw lightning bolts go sideways in the sky during a storm in NSW Australia (what would that be called)?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I have seen many borealises or whatever they are called as I always lived in northern canada but never have taken any pictures sadly but appreciate this cool thread.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Great pics posted in this thread!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Thanks for starting this conversation! Great job identifying various "phenomena". Hard to say what is natural
phenomena and what is not. That said, have a look at these clouds >
www.youtube.com...

Any ideas what type of clouds these are? The coolest thing about this cloud is the birds that come with them.
If you notice, the bird is right in the middle of the cloud as the picture was taken!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

i always wondered why there was a ring around the moon at times. i always thought it to be light radiation, so in part i was correct. thanks for the insight

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Just a link to the New Madrid news report of that day. It does seem that people in that era, 1812, also heard strange noises, which as described appear to be like those reported recently, kind like the "freight train" sounds during a tornado.

genealogytrails.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
In 1911, on the occasion of the centennial of the earthquake, Walter Williams wrote of the investigation made by scientists:

" The convulsion occurred contemporaneously with one of the most fatal earthquakes of South America, when the towns of Guayra and Caracas were laid in ruins.

Humboldt, the great geographer, has remarked that the shocks of New Madrid are the only examples on record of the ground having quaked almost incessantly for three months at a point so far remote from any active volcano.

The shocks were most violent in the part of the region called the Little Prairie, to the northward, as far as the mouth of the Ohio river. Some shocks were felt in South Carolina. Although the country was thinly settled and most of the houses built of logs, the loss of life was considerable.

"The cause of the New Madrid earthquake has never been definitely determined. "Several authors,' writes L. Bringier, 'have asserted that earthquakes proceed from volcanic causes. But, although this may be often true, the New Madrid earthquake must have had another cause. Time, perhaps, will give us some better ideas as to the origin of these extraordinary phenomena. It is probable that they are produced in different instances by different causes and that electricity is one of them.

L. Bringier, an engineer of Louisiana, was on horseback near New Madrid in 1811 when some of the severest shocks were experienced. As the waves advanced he saw the trees bend down and often the instant afterward, when in the act of recovering their position, meet the boughs of other trees similarly inclined so as. to become interlocked, being prevented from righting themselves again. The transit of the waves through the woods was marked by the crashing noise of countless branches first heard on one side and then on the other.

At the same time powerful jets of water, mixed with sand, mud and bituminous coaly shale, were cast up with such force that both horse and rider might have perished had the undulating waves happened to burst immediately beneath them. Circular cavities, called sink holes, were formed where the principal fountains of mud and water were thrown up.

Of particular interest to me: Time, perhaps, will give us some better ideas as to the origin of these extraordinary phenomena. It is probable that they are produced in different instances by different causes and that electricity is one of them.

The shocks were most violent in the part of the region called the Little Prairie, to the northward, as far as the mouth of the Ohio river. Some shocks were felt in South Carolina. Although the country was thinly settled and most of the houses built of logs, the loss of life was considerable.

powerful jets of water, mixed with sand, mud and bituminous coaly shale, were cast up with such force that both horse and rider might have perished had the undulating waves happened to burst immediately beneath them. Circular cavities, called sink holes, were formed where the principal fountains of mud and water were thrown up.

edit on 20-1-2012 by Penfire because: To sign

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Now its the TV platform google plans to enter and for this Google has partnered with Intel and Sony to create Google TV - a TV platform powered by Android. Google plans to develop custom interactive interface dubbed Dragonpoint based on Android and it would be like an operating system within itself . to read more about this topic visit this site andybasquinas.blogspot.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Excellent

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
thanks for this mate, I really appreciate your work. i want to see more pictures or may videos.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Delta the nuke leak out so it doesn't destroy us.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
ok, so EVERYONE MUST WATCH this video:

www.wimp.com...

and some more information
spaceflightsystems.grc.nasa.gov...

what is going on in space and possibly many unanswered questions.

edit on 18-5-2012 by Talon666 because: forgot the video

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Now I can identify their names already. Sunpillars is familiar I think I saw this when I was a kid I in the afternoon after class.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Once upon a time I looked into a blue sky and saw an upside down rainbow ; nobody believed me. Thank God someone finally confirmed what I saw , with a picture no less . Thank you.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Absolutely awesome information. I have been lucky enough in my life and travels to have seen all of these. The lenticular clouds are very common during the summer where I live now. There is one other atmospheric phenomenon you failed to mention that I have also had the great luck to see while serving in the US Navy, the emerald flash.
Seem to be having a problem embedding an image so here is the link for a good image Emerald Flash

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join