It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Big Sellout...from Rolling Stone

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I held hope that Obama would bring us a probing investigation into 911. Instead, every time he speaks of that event he parrots the official line. Even in his Nobel prize acceptance speech he justified the American presence in Afghanistan by saying that's where the 911 attacks originated! What a load horses**t!

And the health care reform proposals were little more than a deviously cloaked way of getting the government's tentacles even deeper into everyone's personal business and affairs.

No change. Just more of the same. All hope is lost. And that may be a good thing. For when people lose all hope they to look to themselves for what needs to be done and begin to take action instead of hoping others will solve their problems.

[edit on 12/11/2009 by dubiousone]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stinkhorn1
reply to post by GoldenFleece

When I first heard of Ron Paul, I thought he was a nut job, as the months have gone by I see why he needs to be elected. The progressive movement is nothing more than the communist party and is trying to slam healthcare reform down our throats.

Ron Paul wants to actually go back to the constitution instead of rewriting it to fit some progressive movement of the day.

I've always viewed Ron Paul as a beacon of sanity in a sea of political insanity. There is only one reason I can imagine anyone labeling someone who is a congressperson and medical doctor crazy: they disagree with what they have to say.

Its not easy for Republicans to call a Democrat crazy and not easy for a Democrat to call a Republican crazy, because they will want their votes. But if someone principled comes along with innovative political ideas, they must be labeled as crazy because they don't have the exact same terrible ideas that most of the other guys in congress have.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by nine0099thousand

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Ya Dance wid' da' one wot brund ya"?

Sorry if I don't speak redneck but wtf does that say?

"You dance with the one ???? ???? you"

Can someone please translate to something comprehendible?

i think its supposed to be brung not brund.

from what i can tell, its supposed to be

you dance with the one that brought you.

in other words, forced to do what the one who did this to us wants to do.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

We are the one's who brought Obama to this dance. But his heart has been seduced by someone more attractive than us and isn't dancing with the one's who brought him.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by truthquest

Wow...did you not read the article. They regret that unconditional support. They were duped like others were. Maybe you should give them props for rising above it instead of focusing on the mistake they most clearly admitted was wrong.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I guess I better not read this.

Uh Oh

Or maybe I should?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece
I'll never understand why more Americans didn't support Ron Paul.

If Ron Paul had been elected, he might have been assassinated, but banksters wouldn't be running the country.

When I first say the signs I said "Ron who?" and then I read up on him and I certainly don't see what all of you do. He is certainly not a strong leader.

Sorry just don't see it.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat

Uh Oh

Or maybe I should?

New financial regulations that "Republicans argued ... would overreach and would institutionalize bailouts for the financial industry."

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Uh Oh

Or maybe I should?

Interesting in that Frank is the one who blocked regulation reform that would have prevented the collapse in the first place. In other words, he encouraged everything bad that happened and now he pretends to be fixing it? He will get away with it as long as his constituents remain illiterate and naive.

Thanks for pointing it out. Research his votes in the past if you want the truth. Or don't and remain naive.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece
I'll never understand why more Americans didn't support Ron Paul.

If Ron Paul had been elected, he might have been assassinated, but banksters wouldn't be running the country.

When I first say the signs I said "Ron who?" and then I read up on him and I certainly don't see what all of you do. He is certainly not a strong leader.

Ron Paul is an unassuming man of principle and honesty. What do you consider a "strong leader?" Presidents who start endless trillion-dollar wars that were founded on lies and deception? Presidents who squander trillions of dollars that we don't have on bankster bailouts and who pack their administration with Wall St. insiders? Presidents who give charismatic campaign speeches and make all kinds of promises, but then fail to deliver on any of them?

I don't need a leader who looks and acts like Arnold Schwarzenegger. I'd be happy with honesty, sincerity and principle.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I also find it interesting that the Rolling Stone and Glenn Beck are saying the same things. The Rolling Stone is praised for pointing this out, Beck is vilified. Boggles the mind, does it not?

I wonder if Obama will appoint a sacrificial sheep to attack the Rolling Stone? That seems to be his pattern. Speak the truth against him, he tries to destroy you is pretty much a given. Obama reminds me of that kid in school who would throw a tantrum when he got teased in good humor. His emotions are just that childish.

He is not now, nor has he ever been a leader. People voted for him knowing he had zero leadership experience. Was absent for nearly all of his meetings in the Senate and also voted present on nearly every vote when he was an elected official in his State. I just assume that most voters are functionally illiterate. He is doing exactly as predicted.

As long as voters remain Partisan shills and functionally illiterate enough to vote for people like this we get what we deserve. Unfortunately, this time the Republic may not survive.

Now they are raising the Deficit limit another 1.8 TRILLION so they can put the last nail in our coffin.

I swear, I'm surrounded by fools who let a radical group that represents only a tiny percentage of us take complete control of the country and it can't be fixed for another year. If next year matches this one, there won't be anything left to save or fix. Obamas friends will be incredibly wealthy and the rest of us will be eating dirt. Small Business, the American Dream, will be no more. There will only be huge corporations and giant unions.

Soon, very soon, even those who blindly lie for Obama and defend him will realize they are screwed also. He does not care about you either. He probably laughs at how dumb his supporters are just before he drifts off to sleep at night.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
After the 'party crashers' episode, I kinda wonder if the man hasn't been bullied completely into these decisions. "If you dont play ball, see how easy it is to get someone in? Next time, they may not be just simple party crashers." Ya just cant help but wonder....

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
They are going to attach the deficit limit 1.8 to 1.9 trillion increase to the defense funding legislation to try and force everyone to vote for it.

I'm genuinely starting to wonder if the Far Left are the kids who ate all the lead based paint? To be fair the Far Right seems to have eaten plenty of lead themselves.

We are out of money. They are getting ready to lower our credit status to that of a Third World Country and yet they want to spend more?

This is the same as if a Burger King manager were to buy a multimillion dollar home and think they could make the payments. When are people going to wake up?

I wonder how hard it is to open a business in Canada? Calgary is pretty nice.

[edit on 12/11/2009 by Blaine91555]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The Obama voters I know are now aware of this. The explanation they have given when I quiz them about it is "it's no different than what the Republicans do" or "do you think the Republicans / McCain would have been any better."

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I voted for him because the alternative was unacceptable. I knew he might do something like this but there was a bit of hope he wouldn't.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
This is a great article and Matt Taibbi is one of the few true journalists left in America. I have been reading his articles since he started writing for Rolling Stone and some of you might be surprised to find out that he really does not seem to buy the whole right/left paradigm.

Matt Taibbi wrote several articles about the Presidential campaign that were not exactly "pro Obama" or "pro Clinton". Matt seems to be just as disgusted with the state of the nation as many people here are.

I know that he still works for a big corporate magazine, but he has some very interesting things to say. His blog and past articles are worth reading, and I am so glad that at least someone gets it.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dubiousone

I would just like to say to all of you, that still have this adulterated view of Obama, wake the frack up. My god, the Repubs(not the party-the voters) have admitted their party is full of lying sacks of dog poo and corrupt to the core.

But not the Dems, still in their dream state high of HOPE AND CHANGE. Oh, he was seduced, BULL#. He was and always be, a hypocritical lying politician.

I can count on one hand the number of Dems or Repubs that would not steal my last loaf of bread to give to their bankers and corporate handlers. Kucinich and Paul are the only ones that come to mind right now.

AND IF YOU DARE, go to those booths and vote the party line again. We will no longer be the sovereign country of the United States of America.

I just hope to God we have one more chance in 2010. It may already be too late. And remember, if the SHTF, your only enemy is the sock puppets and their handlers.

Again OP S&F.

Also, Beck has been saying the same things. Not Rush, not Hannity, not O'Reilly.

Maddow had a glimmer when she went off on Obama on his wipe his # with the Constitution Speech. You know the one, Rule of Law. Now he preaches war is good at the Nobel Peace Prize acceptance speech.

Are you people even listening?

[edit on 12/12/2009 by endisnighe]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Prior to the election, Obama never made it clear what he meant by Change. He just said that America needed a change which was obvious to everybody. The people who supported and voted for Obama never questioned just WHO would benefit from Obama's promise of change. They naturally assumed that it would be the American people. We are now witnessing the results of a semantic sleight-of-hand and just how gullible a desperate populace can be when thrown a bone of Hope.

[edit on 12-12-2009 by gazerstar]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by nine0099thousand

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
Ya Dance wid' da' one wot brund ya"?

Sorry if I don't speak redneck but wtf does that say?
"You dance with the one ???? ???? you"
Can someone please translate to something comprehendible?

My apologies...I was referencing an old 1920's era 'flapper' tune by Aileen Stanley & Billy Murray-- I'm Gonna Dance Wit De Guy Wot Brung Me''...also a 'redneck' saying, and referenced by former Canadian PM "Lyin' Brian Mulroney.

And I spelled 'brung' wrong. Your confusion is justifiable.

Originally posted by mahtoosacks
from what i can tell, its supposed to be
you dance with the one that brought you.
in other words, forced to do what the one who did this to us wants to do.

What I was getting at was that he apparently owes his allegiance to those who financed his campaign. He who pays the piper, sort of thing.

[edit on 13-12-2009 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

I'm genuinely starting to wonder if the Far Left are the kids who ate all the lead based paint? To be fair the Far Right seems to have eaten plenty of lead themselves.

[edit on 12/11/2009 by Blaine91555]

I can't really comment on how much lead these window lickers in CONgress and both parties have eaten in the past. However, given the path that they have set us on as a nation, copper jacketed lead as a future meal is within the realm of possibility.

Matt Tiabi is IMHO one of the best journalists out there. His article on the Vampire Squid and this one are two of the best pieces of journalism this year.

[edit on 13-12-2009 by jefwane]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join