It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Big Sellout...from Rolling Stone

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I know there are many Conservatives on this site and we battle constantly but I ask them to look at what happened this year.

This year, especially in Health Care reform proved a point I think we all talked about but never really deep down felt it was true. Yet we found out all to clearly it was true.

If there ever was a conspiracy on this site that has been undoubtedly proven it has been health care reform.

Here we had majorities in every facet of power. We had massive overwhelming public support, common sense fixes and above all else the urgency to get it done.

Yet not only have we not fix the problem we for all intensive purposes have rewarded big insurance companies for taking the screw to the American people.

This year was not some Republican majority not giving two craps about the people of this country, these were Democrats. My Democrats who were put there to get these important issues passed. Yet they are the one's who did this.

Republicans on this BB whether or not they liked the health reform Progressives have been pushing should realize one thing. That Democrats purposely did not pass it and instead rewarded their corporate masters.

Their can never be anymore debate, the corporations and banks have firmly put the stamp for all to see...."We own this place".

[edit on 11-12-2009 by AllexxisF1]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I'll never understand why more Americans didn't support Ron Paul.

If Ron Paul had been elected, he might have been assassinated, but banksters wouldn't be running the country.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Wait a minute, Obama is doing exactly what the left wanted him to do, except for the wars. He is destroying Wall Street and the big corporations, he is saving the planet. Too bad he is creating a bigger evil than capitalism, that is big government. It is really too bad there is not enough money to make it all work. Thank God we have good friends like China that will supply us with an endless line of credit. Maybe some day, when we spend enough of other people's money it will work as planned.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by A52FWY]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Hopefully those who have believed in the "hope" and "change" can now get on board with the rest of the Constitutional patriots who do not play the left/right paradigm and boot the cabal that usurped the US gov in 1913 out into the streets wearing nothing but tar and feathers.

The groundwork for the final debt default has been laid which, if they succeed, will accompany the complete redaction of the Constitution and destruction of our sovereignty.

Obama doesn't need to worry about a second term because at the rate the criminals are ramming through the unconstitutional legislation i.e. hate speech, health, cap and trade, there isn't going to be anything left to be the president of.

Keep your powder dry sovereigns.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece
I'll never understand why more Americans didn't support Ron Paul.

If Ron Paul had been elected, he might have been assassinated, but banksters wouldn't be running the country.

Because he refuses to run a real campaign. I think he would be great in office, but he is a terrible campaigner. His "grassroots" efforts looked like anarchy campaigns and graffiti? He constantly goes on these fringe radio and talk shows (they have ATS fans, but no mainstream ones) and he belittles himself! I think he has no real desire to get elected, he just wants to toss eggs from the sideline (and I am a fan of his)!

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

First off, Huckabee, Huckabee, that guys needs to change his name, I don't think his name could sound any more red neck than it does.

Secondly, he let out of prison a cop killer, there is no way he would win now.

It seems that the left is waking up to the scam artist they elected, I am from Chicago, he was my senator, I have said all along that this guys is nothing but a problem. Never elect anyone from Chicago, ever!

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Obama's Big Sellout

This new team of bubble-fattened ex-bankers and laissez-faire intellectuals

Interesting piece in Rolling Stone...has HOPE and CHANGE really turned into the rape of middle class America? Is naivete or by design?

Correction: There have not been any laissez-faire intellectuals in the White House in any position for decades. But to the point:

Screw Rolling Stone... a stupid magazine for violence lovers if there ever was one. Rolling Stone SOLD OUT when they put in their support for Obama and worshipped him as the messiah. Never, never,... NEVER has Obama been any less of a war-monger than Bush at all. He promised to START withdrawing troops from Iraq after six months and then never mentioned whether he would finish. And based on that blank check, people would put their trust in a politician? The dumb suckers were begging for it. If McCain was forced to pick a number I imagine he would have picked 18 months... hardly any difference when you are only talking about STARTING to withdraw.

Obama routinely sounded just like Bush when it came to his foreign policy positions. In fact Rolling Stone sold out as soon as they started supporting pro-fascist politicians... probably decades ago. Pro-fascist meaning they don't care about principles but do care about corporate donations.

I was on forums just laughing at people and railing on them before Obama was elected. I said things like "Obama very clearly wants to be in Iraq FOREVER" very persistently... with the bold letters there too. Why? Because Obama has always been a warmonger and that much was very obvious to anyone listening to his speeches.

Perhaps the misunderstanding came along when Obama said he had a time-table for Iraq. A time-table is a sign that you have something other than an incredibly thick skull with a peanut sized brain inside. If you have a large-scale project and you don't submit a timetable you're just an idiot. So the fact that Obama mentioned a time-table for Iraq only shows he isn't a complete idiot (just mostly an idiot) and did nothing to indicate he would not be George Bush III when it came to foreign policy.

I remember Rolling Stone's Obama worship pretty well. It was gross to be honest. And as usual they continue to be totally wrong. They already had the facts on hopeless Obama. He voted for the "patriot" ACT and continues strong support for the treasonous thing. But for some reason Rolling Stone made a big effort to label Obama's treason as "hope" and his persistent neocon warmongering as "change". Then once in office Obama has continued the exact policies he had in the senate and Rolling Stone is suddenly unhappy with him? Screw them and screw anyone who voted for him and then complains about getting exactly what they should have expected.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by truthquest]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

When I first heard of Ron Paul, I thought he was a nut job, as the months have gone by I see why he needs to be elected. The progressive movement is nothing more than the communist party and is trying to slam healthcare reform down our throats.

Ron Paul wants to actually go back to the constitution instead of rewriting it to fit some progressive movement of the day.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by A52FWY
Wait a minute, Obama is doing exactly what the left wanted him to do, except for the wars. He is destroying Wall Street and the big corporations, he is saving the planet. Too bad he is creating a bigger evil than capitalism, that is big government.

What exactly do you think the alternative to capitalism is? Small government? Obama is doing just what the left wants. He's expanding the scope and size of the federal government to unprecedented levels and his base is squashing all dissent like a bug. Notice how anyone who is not supportive of the wacky plans the far left institutes is instantly decried as "uneducated, ignorant, and quite possibly racist". Ron Paul is the kind of president America needs. Not Palin, and definitely not another scheming leftist bureaucrat. Capitalism is good, it creates a society based on merit and innovation. Don't fall for the indoctrination the "intellectual elite" likes to push.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The darkest hour is just before first light. We are now entering the dawn of Aquarius.

An archetype of this emerging age is psychic transparency.

What this means is that all thoughts will be open to the elements. Any attempt to conceal a truth will be futile. All lies and liars will be exposed.

Obama and his “powerful” handlers are starting to stumble over their deceptions. The "great" foundation of falsehoods is crumbling. The bulkheads are creaking. It’s now no longer if, but when, this festering wound will be lanced.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by seasoul]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Hope & Change? Nope, all smoke & mirrors to distract from the fact that the banks benefit whether they get bailed out or not. Obama is a puppet who got elected using the wolf in sheeps clothing trick. Us folks here in the US are screwed no matter their political party, economic status etc. Its just a ticking timebomb and the counter is at 3,2,...

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Thanks JC for posting

Obama was the man.

He had the mandate and the moment - a moment that was begging for a radical transformation of the status quo.

He lacked the ticker to go through with what was always going to be a Herculean challenge.

Should we remind ourselves he was human after all? Yes.

Should we nevertheless feel disenchanted, deflated, and disappointed? Indeed yes.

The 'moment' that could have / should have been seized, has past, and with it, a universal sense of hope.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by mckyle]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I especially liked this part of Matt Taibbi's article.

I approach a woman named Pat Defillipis from Toms River, New Jersey, and ask her why she's here. "To protest health care," she answers. "And then amnesty. You know, immigration amnesty."

I ask her if she's aware that there's a big hearing going on in the House today, where Barney Frank's committee is marking up a bill to reform the financial regulatory system. She recognizes Frank's name, wincing, but the rest of my question leaves her staring at me like I'm an alien.

"Do you care at all about economic regulation?" I ask. "There was sort of a big economic collapse last year. Do you have any ideas about how that whole deal should be fixed?"

"We got to slow down on spending," she says. "We can't afford it."

"But what do we do about the rules governing Wall Street . . ."

She walks away. She doesn't give a #. People like Pat aren't aware of it, but they're the best friends Obama has. They hate him, sure, but they don't hate him for any reasons that make sense. When it comes down to it, most of them hate the president for all the usual reasons they hate "liberals" — because he uses big words, doesn't believe in hell and doesn't flip out at the sight of gay people holding hands. Additionally, of course, he's black, and wasn't born in America, and is married to a woman who secretly hates our country.

These are the kinds of voters whom Obama's gang of Wall Street advisers is counting on: idiots. People whose votes depend not on whether the party in power delivers them jobs or protects them from economic villains, but on what cultural markers the candidate flashes on TV. Finance reform has become to Obama what Iraq War coffins were to Bush: something to be tucked safely out of sight.

Some posters here should take notice.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by guidanceofthe third kind
well since we are going this way, my question is this. Where was everyone when Reagan decided to do the same thing or worse. Oh, thats right, he was a movie star and not a democrat so it was ok. Well, have fun with that cognitive dissonance. Besides, 13 months into the bailout is not enough time to show anything.

and yes Obama's economic team makes the token economies of kindergarden look like nobel prize contenders

[edit on 11-12-2009 by guidanceofthe third kind]

Everybody said the bailout would be targetted for immediate effect. What was all the talk about "shovel ready" projects? Obama talked FDR and gave us nothing.

I supported a new deal style bailout of the country. What we got was a Madoff style ponzi scheme.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Ya Dance wid' da' one wot brund ya"?

Sorry if I don't speak redneck but wtf does that say?

"You dance with the one ???? ???? you"

Can someone please translate to something comprehendible?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

There never was HOPE an CHANGE.. these were Obama's campaign slogans to con people into voting for him. If you study his background you will see he has had this same agenda from day one. He never did plan to change anything.. accept in his own twisted sick since of a bastardized version of America.

Sadly, most of the people who vote for him are regretting it now and wish they had done more study on him before they voted.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

I think it was David Icke I was reading and he put it perfectly. Obama had no plan for hope and change. All he had to do was say he did. He never said what we had to hope for in regards to what he would do. He never told us what he would change.

By saying he was going to bring hope and change he made himself a blank slate for anyone to project what they wanted in regards to hope and change and assumed that's what he was going to do.

Pretty sneaky and coniving (and smart) if you ask me. Now that people see the only thing they can hope for is another Bush term and more raping a pillaging of the working class, the honeymoon is wearing off. Surprisingly, much faster than it did with Bush. Bush got a second term!! Obama won't. I'd put money on that.

I just fear who will take his place. I have absolutely no hope for any change whatsoever.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Rolling stone is one of the last places this stuff can still get out. I've been skeptical of Obama since seeing his changes in staff as well.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by EsSeeEye

You should check out any of Hunter S Thompson's articles and serials that RS published throughout the 60s and 70s... he set a precedent for challenging the status quo, qritiquing the bosses in a vehement way, and standing up for the rights that those in power constantly try to trample.. in my opinion, good on em for carrying on the spirit of his legacy!

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidney thief
reply to post by EsSeeEye

You should check out any of Hunter S Thompson's articles and serials that RS published throughout the 60s and 70s... he set a precedent for challenging the status quo, qritiquing the bosses in a vehement way, and standing up for the rights that those in power constantly try to trample.. in my opinion, good on em for carrying on the spirit of his legacy!

You should read some of the stuff he said before 9/11 even happened. It was almost prophetic. I wish the guy would have been born into our generation. He may have gotten more notoriety and people may have taken him more seriously.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join