It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Climate Fraud Uncovered

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Fraud detected in Darwin temperature datasets.

Fascist Soup reports:

The article is long and fairly technical, but to boil it down the GHCN made "adjustments" to "homogenize" the raw data taken from various weather stations. This was done supposedly to remove bad readings from things like moving thermometer stations around and the like. The basic algorithm is to average the 5 closest stations and then look to see if the readings from the station in question vary drastically from that average.

A guy looked at one of the most stable locations, Darwin Australia, to see what, if any, adjustments were made; however, there were problems unique to the data that highlight many of the problems faced when deciding how to homogenize data.

Here's the before and after.

blue line is the raw data, red line is the "adjusted" data:

Readings from the 5 closest stations are in good agreement with Darwin, meaning there was no need to make any adjustments at all beyond 1941, it is pure fraud.

Given this is just ONE station of thousands, and such blatant fraud was detected right off the bat, it calls all the "adjusted" data into question.

It gets better:

Oh, and for what it’s worth, care to know the way that GISS deals with this problem? Well, they only use the Darwin data after 1963, a fine way of neatly avoiding the question … and also a fine way to throw away all of the inconveniently colder data prior to 1941. It’s likely a better choice than the GHCN monstrosity, but it’s a hard one to justify... And CRU? Who knows what they use? We’re still waiting on that one, no data yet …

Also, the raw data sets used by the CRU were destroyed, thus they have to be recompiled piece by piece such as this guy did to put this article together. I don't suspect - I know - they were destroyed intentionally to drastically increase the difficulty of detecting their total blatant fraud.

The scientists in question need to be brought before a court and tried with criminal fraud. Given the nature of their work and its socio-political implications, I feel they should be tried for treason.

For those that missed the memo on the climategate source code, I put together a video for you:

More on the source code here.

I am the author of this article.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by mnemeth1]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I read this the other day. Also did you see the video of the 6th grader and his dad explaining the Urban Heat Island Effect(UHI)? I thought that was interesting.

The funny part about it all is that when the "scientist" say they "adjusted" for the UHI it seems they were adjusting all the rural area data up instead of the urban areas down. Which would explain a lot.

More and more will slowly leak out while the "climate" scientist refuse to actually explain how they got their conclusions they are running a PR campaign trying to deflect the issue because they know the science doesn't support their conclusion.

It's the sort of thing that goes on in Banana Republics.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I sure do wish someone would let all these crooked politicians know that we are not morons and we know the whole GW is a total fraud.

Whats funny is the fact that they are still pushing it and will more than likely get what they are after.

I need to send some of these politicians a message asking what their favorite color is. Mineaswell look nice while im bending over for them.

MessOnTheFED!

[edit on 10-12-2009 by MessOnTheFED!]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Here is the graph that the OP has linked, kind of obvious is it not?

Well, it is not obvious that things were manipulated. /s facepalm punch to throat

Science with a mission, to prove their thesis, is not science. It is religion and corruption!

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Really puts the "context" to "Hide the decline" doesn't it?

It's funny all the e-mails were taken out of context, yet no scientific analysis of how the e-mails were taken out of context, just a bunch more of "trust me, we're scientist!".

You would think with them being scientist they would back up their points with actually science. Nope they are acting more like activist politicians.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
One of the papers which I wrote dealing with AGW contained a piece on a similar issue. A Professor from the University of Montana was at the American Geophysical Union (AGU) conference in San Francisco, CA a year or so ago. Someone began going on about the allegedly "Drastic" temperature increase witnessed recently at the Monitoring Station in Barrow, AK (Where Politicians and certain Scientists alike tend to claim that temperatures have risen by Four to Five Degrees Fahrenheit), when this female Professor calmly exclaimed: "Maybe it has to do with the fact that the Monitoring Station was moved from the sparsely populated Coastline, INTO THE MIDDLE OF THE AIRPORT"! [My own emphasis added].

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

Was the answer somewhere along the lines of, if one was given, "oh we accounted and made the "appropriate adjustments" so the "science is sound"?"

It will all fall apart though. Cali's Cap and Tax goes into effect today so it will be interesting to see what happens. There has to be some kind of legal action we can take to stop this non-sense. There is enough evidence to conclude that the policies are detrimental to America as a whole. Oh well, the politicians know best!

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
There is evidence that in some cases they moved stations from good locations to bad locations just so they could apply there "corrections"

Some of these were done by moving stations from large grassy areas to next to buildings,parking lots ECT

In most cases weather stations in good areas that have been there for many years show no change. IE NWC China Lake, a military run weather station that is not part of the system they could change.

I have looked at the reading from a number of stations that are in good locations and have been there for 40+ years and what they have done is to take them out of the official system so that they would no longer be used and could be ignored.
Many of these are on military bases and in field areas where you would not get the urban heat island effect.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
and the most amazing thing is -
they are still meeting in Copenhagen for a Climate Change convention -
that will add unnecessary regulations and rules and expense -
to further enslave, control and rape us -
other than that - no biggie.

this is not to say - that we shouldn't be changing our ways to insure the protection
of our planet -
it is only to say it shouldn't be the politicians and their "friends" making these decisions.

and the fraud that has been committed should be fully outed before any convention takes place anywhere.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
People need to be prosecuted for this. There was no science involved in what they did, it was pure out and out fraud. They got so wrapped up in trying to "save the Earth" they threw any ethics they had out the window and cooked the numbers no matter what the data really told them.

The truth of the matter is what they did was ignore the fact that we are on a descent into a new ice age, courtesy of the Sun entering the now famous "Gore Minimum"

Maybe we could get them a nice hot jail someplace equatorial with no A/C and a lot of mosquitoes.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368
People need to be prosecuted for this. There was no science involved in what they did, it was pure out and out fraud. They got so wrapped up in trying to "save the Earth" they threw any ethics they had out the window and cooked the numbers no matter what the data really told them.

The truth of the matter is what they did was ignore the fact that we are on a descent into a new ice age, courtesy of the Sun entering the now famous "Gore Minimum"

Maybe we could get them a nice hot jail someplace equatorial with no A/C and a lot of mosquitoes.

We should organize a day where all of us call and email the justice department at the same time demanding they be investigated for fraud and treason.

Should setup a website and make it like a moneybomb, only a phonebomb.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

Was the answer somewhere along the lines of, if one was given, "oh we accounted and made the "appropriate adjustments" so the "science is sound"?"

It will all fall apart though. Cali's Cap and Tax goes into effect today so it will be interesting to see what happens. There has to be some kind of legal action we can take to stop this non-sense. There is enough evidence to conclude that the policies are detrimental to America as a whole. Oh well, the politicians know best!

Lol, I think that they had to wait to form a "consensus" of believers, before they were finally able to research the proper excuse.

I do certainly hope that enough Americans have finally awakened to the truth behind this science, and just how ill-understood much of the actual findings are.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Oy...

Look, regardless of data, politicians, liberal, conservative, if you own an SUV or a hippie mobile... there is something going on. This is not the natural flow of things on our planet at the moment.

You can try and brazenly claim "Oh.. that's just the natural cycle!" but it doesn't make it true. You do NOT know this, you are GUESSING if you say this. Is it merely coincidence that all sorts of large-scale events are unfolding environmental wise during our planets industrial evolution? DOES IT MATTER?

Do we just take the chance that this is the case? I don't think so. I think it would be monumentally irresponsible of us to just ignore the changes to our planet's climate and systems. But that's just me I guess. Burying your head in the sand because you feel it "might be" a cycle doesn't seem like the brightest thing to do.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
Look, regardless of data...

You do NOT know this, you are GUESSING if you say this. Is it merely coincidence that all sorts of large-scale events are unfolding environmental wise during our planets industrial evolution? DOES IT MATTER?...

Orwell much?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
This whole thing could be looked at as a means to move another piece on the chess board. I would not mind knowing what the core reason is behind this whole affair.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
The charges should actually genocide in the world court. The change to biofuel production has starved people all over the world.

Yes, something has gone on with the planet, it warmed some, now it is cooling. Jumping in and making major changes, especially those that kill people without a firm grip on the science is crazy.

But that still leaves me wondering what to do about it. The US EPA is going to ram it through with an end run around congress, it doesn't matter what happens in Copenhagen. I hope other countries have better ways to deal but it doesn't seem likely. TPTB are going to do this.

Ghandi walked to the sea for salt, is there anyway for the common man to fight back?
If walking to the sea would do it, I am on my way. (its a long walk from where I live
) But so far I have no clue how a decent protest can be mounted on this one.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
If they were wanting consistent readings, then why would they be moving the weather station around anyway? Sounds pretty amateur, at best.

FYI, I did hear from a guy who I know who used to have a weather station in his cow paddock, that the temperatures could fluctuate wildly if the cows decided to lean against the station while grazing the paddock!!
Not sure if he was full of crap, but thought I'd tell you all about it anyways, for the anecdote factor!

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Anyone want to take a guess at what weather station I was working at up until May this year? Yes it was Darwin Met Office....wroked there from 2005

Most the observational temperature data taken from Darwin was actually read by me and my colleagues at the time. As far as I know, the weather station has only been moved once in its entire life. The altitude and differences in the old station compared to the new one are basically none.

The reason for the move by the way, was because the old met office was run down, and a brand new one was built.

Anyone want any other information on Darwin Met Office, let me know, I was there for 3 and a half years

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368
They got so wrapped up in trying to "save the Earth" they threw any ethics they had out the window and cooked the numbers no matter what the data really told them.

There were no altruistic reasons for this fraud. The sub-humans who perpetrated it weren't trying to "save the Earth."

The whole boondoggle was just another way to transfer massive amounts of money from the proles to the elites... and it still may succeed.

The fact that global cooling is becoming more apparent each day has caused their agenda to become that much more urgent. Another few years of record low temperatures and not even the sheeple would swallow the AGW meme.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I'm not a scientist but I do pay attention to my environment.

I live on the Oregon coast and I can say that the past 3 winters have been the coldest we have had in 20 years.

At the same time that the arctic ice caps are supposedly melting away the glacier in the crater of Mt. St. Helens (the volcano) is the fastest growing glacier in north America according to a recent report. It is far south of the arctic.

In the winter where I live the temperature almost never gets below 25 degrees fahrenheit. For the past week the nighttime temps have been in the teens. Record breaking lows in Portland and Salem, Oregon this week.

The past 3 summers have been unusually cool here also.

We have about a 20 year cycle here with very warm summers lasting about 3 years and very cool summers lasting 3 years. The other 14 years in between are mostly mild.

I read that there is an El Nino and that the Pacific temps are up about 4 degrees. Normally, when this happens we have a warm winter with exceptional rain and wind storms (the Pineapple express from Hawaii). We are not seeing this condition here as the storms are coming down from the Arctic and not the South Pacific (normal for El Nino years).

I can say with some certainty the Arctic Ice cap is not melting this year!

Also, I don't know how many of you watch the Discovery Channel series called the Deadliest Catch but the crab fleet has experience ice flows far south of what they are normally and storms are colder and more severe.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by Hopup Dave] to add about Deadliest Catch
Edited again to correct typo

[edit on 11-12-2009 by Hopup Dave]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join