It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party protesters plan ‘die-ins’ at Senate office

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
As for the Tea Party movment , I think alot of people like the name because of the roots of our patriotism to defey opression. Much better sounding than the conservative's I think alot of republicans are moving too.

Next election is gonna be a mess.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

I think that the next election sis going to hand a lot of seats to Independent candidates. I think the country in general is getting sick of the two party system and want some other choice.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
What IDIOT tells there plan before they do it..

That is like a football team giving a list of plays they are going to run for the entire game to the other team and assuming they will still win..

It's for a lack of better wording.....retarded....

there are better ways of getting your point across..

It's not about what you are willing to do, but what the public is wiling to listen to....

I really don't want to listen to a bunch of death fakers...

Just be real, up front and honest

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I can't see that happening. People are far TOO polarized right now for an indepentdant candidate, realistically. Brainwashing has been heavy this election cycle. And we all can see how the sheeple graze.

[edit on 13-12-2009 by djvexd]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
You know, if they wanted to be truly effective they could douse themselves with gasoline and light themselves on fire at the foot of the capital steps.

I mean that would show determination!

Actually, I have a lot of respect for Tea party protesters, unlike G-20 rioters Tea Party protesters at least are exercising their constitutional right the correct way. So on that I give them a lot of credit.

The message may be incorrect in my opinion, but the means at which they are delivering that message is done right.

DAMN ! That is genius, I was just reading through and starting to think the exact same thing. The flames are a little much, and I think it should expand to the jobs problem too. People just walking around, going to different offices and locations and just killing themselves. I'd bet that soon, soon in this country you will see, desperate people performing acts such as this. Warranted or not...I do see this coming.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

Maybe they could call on the Jewish suicide squad from Life of Brian.

link   

link   

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger

Suicide Squad Leader: We are the Judean People's Front crack suicide squad! Suicide squad, attack!
[they all stab themselves]
Suicide Squad Leader: That showed 'em, huh?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Sounds like the Tea Partiers are taking creative cues from the greenies and other left wingers.
Like the ones who dress up and act like dying Polar Bears to highlight global warming and bringing plastic trees to protests to hug and others who have tied themselves to government buildings and going on hunger strikes etc.

I guess if people think these guys are crazy, then they'd have to agree that what the left have been doing for decades is crazy too.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Why pretend like they're dieing, when they can simply go into one of a thousand ghettos in the United States, and watch people REALLY dieing, because they can't afford health care.

Kinda proves the opposite of their point, but I think it should be addressed.

Oh, btw, my father went to the hospital tonight, and the place is understaffed and the employees overworked. Took them 15 minutes to get a banana-bag for my dad, and that was after the first IV tube had to be removed due to air bubbles forming in the IV. Took another 10 minutes to get him pain meds.. and my father isn't poor, nor does he have bad insurance. Our health system is just retarded.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
Veterans Administration hospital. And those, of course, have always been run by the government.

I myself was in the military & I think that you're thinking that the VA is a government agency? Last time I checked, the VA is a private organization & does not employ anyone under an Oath of Office. What they do, however, is to advocate with the government to make sure that the government is living up to its agreements on what benefits are granted to veterans.

If I'm off base in my interpretation of the wording of your post, then I apologize, but the VA is not a part of the government. I reiterate this so that no one else can make the mistake thinking that it is.

Originally posted by Grayelf2009
yawnn..... nothing is going to happen till they ( leaders ) who don't give a hoot about what the people want/say, are literally drug out of office and replaced with decent everyday folks and not media spoon-fed multi-millionaires who meet in secret places.

Yep, that's the real crux of the problem. By allowing these habitual criminals to continue occupying our government offices as impostors to real officers who obey their Oaths under the Constitution, all we're proving to them is that we haven't got the balls to drag them out of office & put 'em in an Article 3 Court of Common Law for committing numerous Rights violations.

Yes, violence should be the last resort, but they've already proven that they're willing to ignore all of our lawfully-sanctioned peaceful means to remove them from office (Look in the Bill of Rights)...So it looks like the 2nd Amendment is increasingly becoming our only Right left to exercise.

Still, organizing a "sit-in" isn't really going to achieve anything, other than perhaps annoying a few "officers" to see a bunch of people sitting (or lying) around while they go talk to that corporate lobbyist about campaign donations...I still think it's much more effective to threaten their jobs before threatening lives, though.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join