It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: War-monger Obama should have returned Nobel Award

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Very short video
but I just posted it because I dont think he should have said it

although he is absoltely correct, it's a dangerious statement for a congressman to make

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I'm embarrassed! It's a pathetic tragedy that Pres. Obama received it.

What has he done for us LATELY! For all I know my future plans warrant the prize better than his future plans but no one called me!

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
World peace through global war.
Hey, Yassir Arafat got a peace prize too, so, y'know, so how smart can the Nobel committee be anyway?

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Ron Paul talks about whatever he wants to talk about. He is a genius and he knows what he is saying.
He criticizes that which should be critiqued: the fed, the war, the bush admin., the present admin; he doesn't care. He calls it like he sees it.
He has balls of platinum like Charlie Sheen.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Obama did provide some great quotes in his acceptance speech...

"I am the Commander-in-Chief of the military of a nation in the midst of two wars."

"I'm responsible for the deployment of thousands of young Americans to battle in a distant land. Some will kill, and some will be killed."

"Of course, we know that for most of history, this concept of "just war" was rarely observed."

"Moreover, wars between nations have increasingly given way to wars within nations. "

"I do not bring with me today a definitive solution to the problems of war."

"...mindful of what Martin Luther King Jr. said in this same ceremony years ago: "Violence never brings permanent peace."

"I cannot be guided by their examples alone. I face the world as it is,"

"So yes, the instruments of war do have a role to play in preserving the peace."

"I believe that force can be justified on humanitarian grounds,"

"-- my accomplishments are slight."

Is there an echo?

Actually, when selected for this prize Mr. President, your accomplishments were nil.

But that doesn't matter now does it?

You were suppose to focus on your war against the American people, and our capitalist system... Not on conflicts overseas. But perhaps eventually you can accomplish both and win even more prizes eh?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
And a brain the size of a pea...

The guy's a fool... Ron Paul's speaking out of his ass. I know there are many ATSers on here that like the guy, but he sold himself out, I'm sorry.

He's trying to do what Palin is doing, and just like her, he's failing miserably. If he believes that by putting down Obama, he's going to score votes for a 2012 popularity surge, he's dead wrong.

The guy was a nobody before in 2008 for the Presidential election, he'll be a nobody if he tries again.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

Are you kidding? Do you actually know anything about Ron Paul? Sold himself out?? That is the most silly thin I have ever heard. Ron has been a Rock in his beliefs for many many years. he has never been swayed to change his position on anything for any reason. He tells it like it is and sugarcoats nothing.

he was a Nobody before 2008? LOL.. I have been following Ron Paul since the late 70's! You Clearly have no clue what you are talking about.

I am glad Ron said what he said. He is right. I don't see other politicians having the GUTS to stand up for the good of the people and his convictions like Ron does.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

I like the way he talks about stuff, but he is one of them too they are all in on the big plans don't ever forget that.

www.thebereanchronicles.com...

media.photobucket.com...

2.bp.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

He'll never be President, John. He'll remain a little representative in his state of Texas until the day he dies.

The guy's a nutcase. His stance on not allowing any legislation involving healthcare unless the Constitution allows it is so dumb...

The Constitution was made so that it could be expanded and contracted as much as it needed to be. The Founding Fathers made it that way. They knew that the country would change.

But the guy's an idiot. He's insulting Obama for everything he does, just so he'll strike a chord within the anti-Obama crowd.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I will insult Obama for everything he does because the man is a puppet who hasn't changed anything from the Bush era. He has spent more money in the first year than most presidents! he promised he would bring the boys home as if he's anti war, only to go and send them to Afghanistan.. and Afghanistan is saying now that they will need US troops there for another 10 years!

Our boys belong at Home defending this country on OUR soil. Not in a war that is none of our business!

Ron may not be president, but it's not because he isn't right and people know it.. People are afraid of him messing up their agenda.. that's why he won't be president.

Ron would at least unlike Obama, be nobodies puppet. Obama changes his mind through lobbyist from special interest every time you turn around.

Ron is Right about the constitution! Sure we can do these things constitutionally IF you amend the constitution FIRST! This has not been done so Obama's actions are Illegal and unconstitutional.

Obama is the worst president we have ever had and should be impeached NOW. Study the history of the United States in depth and you will see what I mean.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Except it's not illegal to not change the Constitution, so you're speaking out of your hatred of Obama.

And you're wrong about bringing back our soldiers. He stated he wanted to end the Iraq War. He said that he wanted to focus on the Afghanistan War, and this was before the election, John.

You're talking to an Obama supporter, so know what he's about before you try to insult him.

And I call your reason of why he won't be President a cop-out. He's tried multiple times, and he's failed every time. As a Libertarian and as a Republican.

The guy's a failure, and so will be his son.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
listverse.com...

I dont know about him being the worst president, yet anyway.
Lets let him earn that title and not bestow it so quickly like the nobel.
The guy, just like the others before him, was selected, groomed, and put in there with "not our votes but others cash".
He's got balls accepting an award he didnt earn.
“Obama said 'war' 44 times in his acceptance speech for the Nobel Peace Prize. That doesn't sound very peaceful.”

[edit on 10-12-2009 by HappilyEverAfter]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpTiMuS_PrImE
reply to post by dragonsmusic

I like the way he talks about stuff, but he is one of them too they are all in on the big plans don't ever forget that.

www.thebereanchronicles.com...

media.photobucket.com...

2.bp.blogspot.com...

That is weird.
And I know he's one of them because he's a politician after all; but I've never seen those pictures before.
Makes me think. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Are you kidding? Do you actually know anything about Ron Paul? Sold himself out?? That is the most silly thin I have ever heard. Ron has been a Rock in his beliefs for many many years. he has never been swayed to change his position on anything for any reason. He tells it like it is and sugarcoats nothing.

he was a Nobody before 2008? LOL.. I have been following Ron Paul since the late 70's! You Clearly have no clue what you are talking about.

I am glad Ron said what he said. He is right. I don't see other politicians having the GUTS to stand up for the good of the people and his convictions like Ron does.

Sorry Mak Manto, John is 100% right on this one. You should back away quietly now...

Related to the subject at hand, Obama should return the peace price. They do say however that peace can not be achieved without war though...

[edit on 11-12-2009 by fordrew]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
but I just posted it because I dont think he should have said it

although he is absoltely correct, it's a dangerious statement for a congressman to make

Why is telling the truth dangerous? What are they gonna do?

And at this point, who cares? These illegal and immoral trillion-dollar wars have killed millions of innocent civilians and it's literally bankrupting the country.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

He'll never be President, John. He'll remain a little representative in his state of Texas until the day he dies.

The guy's a nutcase. His stance on not allowing any legislation involving healthcare unless the Constitution allows it is so dumb...

The Constitution was made so that it could be expanded and contracted as much as it needed to be. The Founding Fathers made it that way. They knew that the country would change.

But the guy's an idiot. He's insulting Obama for everything he does, just so he'll strike a chord within the anti-Obama crowd.

______
Dude, either you work for Obama or you have no clue about Ron Paul. I believe it's both

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Except it's not illegal to not change the Constitution

No, it's not. So why isnt it done to fit the constant extension and power grabbing that the gov has been participating in for the past 60 + years?

Rather than properly amend the document they just ignore it.

It's like if I started dealing firearms out of my house without an FFL. It would be legal if I went and properly acquired one but I cant be bothered with it so I participate in the practice anyway.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Ron Paul speaks the truth, or at least he speaks the truth that I believe. I must be a conservative libertarian also.

Ron Paul has also gone on record saying that he would never want to be the President, so I don't think he will be running again.

Maybe the surge in Afghanistan should be made up from the citizens that voted Obama and his administration into power?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Dr. Paul clearly has a brain and a soul, period, compared to the total drones in charge in Washington, BUT, unfortunately that's not saying much. I'm at a loss as to why Paul is so popular here. I mean, he's never said anything favorable to the cause of UFO/close encounters truth, 9/11 truth, or anything against secrecy-BASED government in general. He's really just another religious (enough) grumpy old cuss, in the final analysis.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Except it's not illegal to not change the Constitution, so you're speaking out of your hatred of Obama.

And you're wrong about bringing back our soldiers. He stated he wanted to end the Iraq War. He said that he wanted to focus on the Afghanistan War, and this was before the election, John.

You're talking to an Obama supporter, so know what he's about before you try to insult him.

And I call your reason of why he won't be President a cop-out. He's tried multiple times, and he's failed every time. As a Libertarian and as a Republican.

The guy's a failure, and so will be his son.

So your an Obama supporter... thats fine. What I want to know is what has he done to deserve your support??

"Ron Pauls a Failure and so will be his son"
Guess what. Ron Paul will never be President because there are people running the show who won't allow that. As for his son, if he continues in the same truth orientated way as his father he definitely won't be president however you say failure I say Ron Paul has woken so many people up to what really is going on in the Government... so no not a failure, unfortunate to be on the wrong side of the corrupt and evil PTB yes!

But anyway please state why you support Obama??

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join