It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ten Misconceptions About Truthers That Debunkers Will Have YOU Believe

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeathShield

Originally posted by jthomas
Holocaust Deniers have made the same "appeal for legitimacy" for over 50 years. It didn't get them anywhere except the dustbin of history and it won't get you anywhere either.

Reason, evidence, and intellectual honesty win every time.

Sorry to have to burst your bubble.

That is a really unfair comparison. the 9/11 Truth movement has it's strokes of idiocy but good god it is NOTHING like the Holocaust Denial movement. Comparing the death of a few thousand people from a terrorist attack to the outright genocide and democide of entire populations is as reasonable as comparing a mine shaft collapse to a 50 megaton nuclear bomb explosion.

It is not about comparing the Holocaust to 9/11. It is about the nature of denial. Denial is denial is denial.

The methodologies, tactics, psychology, and political motivations of ALL denial movements are the same, whether it is Holocaust Denial, round-earth denial, moon-landing denial, or Creationism.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot
I think it is possible to get necessary experts in the different fields required without them being total Bush government Stooges! I mean seriously they tried to install Henry Kissinger for goodness sake!.

It seems to me that everyone who subscribes to the OS is by default a Bush stooge, regardless of what their affiliation actually is to Bush. What has Kissenger done that shows he is a "stooge" for Bush, exactly?
If he was genuinely a "stooge" then it seems to me he wouldn't have excused himself for conflict of interest.

The chances of the commission being anything BUT a whitewash were nil from the outset.

So you've read it yourself and can cite examples of how the report is a whitewash? Of course you can, becuase only a phony would ever accuse someone of lying without actually knowing what the lies even are...RIGHT?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave
Anyone experienced in disaster scene forensics is almost certainly goign to be in the gov't

This is certainly not true. Look up forensic engineers and just see how many are government.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter
This is certainly not true. Look up forensic engineers and just see how many are government.

The only reason why any forensic engineer would be allowed at a plane crash site to begin with is if some gov't institution like the FAA allowed them to be there, becuase the FAA wouldn't know if they're genuinely a forensics engineer or someone claiming to be a forensics engineer but who's really there to steal rings and wallets off the bodies. You know that and so do I.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave

Originally posted by Nutter

The only reason why any forensic engineer would be allowed at a plane crash site to begin with is if some gov't institution like the FAA allowed them to be there, becuase the FAA wouldn't know if they're genuinely a forensics engineer or someone claiming to be a forensics engineer but who's really there to steal rings and wallets off the bodies. You know that and so do I.

Ahh. So now the goal posts change to being allowed on-site by the government. Instead of being in the government.

Anyone experienced in disaster scene forensics is almost certainly goign to be in the gov't I.E FEMA

I knew I shouldn't have engaged you in conversation. This crap is all we get.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by Nutter]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
You're right kiwifoot. It's sad that you can't really discuss this with a lot of people because they're just so close minded to anything that is not of the mainstream, but I've also opened up some eyes to this as well. It seems like 9/11 opens up a big can of worms for people. When I saw Loose Change for the first time I was blown away. I never realized there were so many things out there to question. It's really amazing how you think you know it all when you watch mainstream news until someone opens your eyes. Now I'm like Wow, what else is out there, and it's not because I'm paranoid. Just interested.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Strength in numbers, the popular opinion has more people, meaning people aren't afraid to insult the other people.

For instance, me believing in evolution gives Christians, the majority to insult me, when I say nothing about there beliefs. They ask me what I believe in, expecting what they want to hear, and they don't hear what they want to hear, and they get mad. I am never rude to them, but they are rude to me because of my beliefs.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
May I present the direct opposite:

Top 10 things Debunkers are labeled as by Truthers

1: Sheep
2: Blind
3: Government Disinformation Agents
4: Ignorant
5: Liars
6: Asleep
7: Closed minded
8: Bush supporters (this one irks me the most
)
9: Unwilling to 'see' the truth

and..........................

10: I dont have a ten

Serious note though. Good post. I take information from both the OS and what those that don't fully believe the OS and analyze myself. A lot from both sides can be discredited and thrown out the window and a lot can raise an eyebrow.

Bravo on your post

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
May I present the direct opposite:

Top 10 things Debunkers are labeled as by Truthers

1: Sheep
2: Blind
3: Government Disinformation Agents
4: Ignorant
5: Liars
6: Asleep
7: Closed minded
8: Bush supporters (this one irks me the most
)
9: Unwilling to 'see' the truth

and..........................

10: I dont have a ten

Serious note though. Good post. I take information from both the OS and what those that don't fully believe the OS and analyze myself. A lot from both sides can be discredited and thrown out the window and a lot can raise an eyebrow.

Bravo on your post

I agree with you totally, I was going to do another thread saying as much!

It's right to be fair and balanced, thanks!

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

By all means do. Since 9/11 conspiracy isn't really my cup o' tea I just thought it would be fun.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join