It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Must See HBO Documentary: 'Terror in Mumbai'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
www.hbo.com...

On the evening of November 26, 2008, ten young Pakistani men reached Mumbai in a small hijacked fishing boat, having slaughtered its captain and crew, and glided unnoticed into the teeming Indian port city. Over the next three days, armed with cell phones, machine guns, and fruit and nuts to sustain them, they unleashed coordinated attacks across the city that left at least 170 people dead and more than 300 wounded, sending shockwaves of fear around the world. Narrated by Mumbai-born Fareed Zakaria, CNN host and Newsweek International editor, and directed by award-winning filmmaker Dan Reed (HBO's "Terror in Moscow"), TERROR IN MUMBAI provides a 360-degree view of a terrorist act, recounting in harrowing detail the bloody events of that 60-hour period.

I saw most of this recently, and it was very eye-opening.

In one scene, the terrorists were shocked at the luxury of one of the hotels (they were amazed about the 30-inch computer screens and the windows). This shows just how poor the kids that the terrorists brainwash are.

Also, in another scene, the terrorists try to put off the killing of their Jewish hostages. I viewed this as them maybe bonding with their hostages during the time that they had them (it was a few hours).

It was also shocking to see how the terrorists worked: they were constantly told directions from a caller from their leader, who also occasionally asked help from other leaders. The documentary follows these calls, and it's pretty amazing because it's something you don't get to observe everyday (unless you are a spy or something).

I know it's on HBO, but if you can find it for free online, feel free to post it here!

EDIT:

Thanks to Heyo, here is a link to the documentary:

www.hostingcup.com...

[edit on 10-12-2009 by they see ALL]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Terror in Mumbai

The sound's a bit out of sync but with subtitles and how it was made it's watchable.
It's amazing, when you think about it, how easy something like this is. Their plan wasn't particularly complex. They just got down to business quickly and didn't stop.
Another thing I found interesting was how they thought it was some big victory to be able to set fire to a building. Oh, and yeah, from the testimony of the guy they caught and their amazement of the big screen tv's their brainwashing was obvious.
How about the fact that his father sold him to the terrorist group, so he could have money, like they do? shameful.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by they see ALL

I actually watched the whole thing live on TV. During that time many Indian news channels were broadcasting live telecast for all 3 days. That is how someone from outside was able to monitor Police activity and inform the terrorists through cell phone. It was only found out after the whole thing was over and MSM was heavily criticized for showing police movements and the commandos who were operating during the operation. Out of foolishness many of TV channels were showing live dropping of commandos from helicopters on a side building which was taken over by terrorist.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Yes I saw this on HBO as well and was shocked by the lack of intial repsonse to the attackers by the Indian police. They had old guns, some had no guns and they were not prepared for this type of carnage. The had to get commandos in from someplace else that took a long time. Perhaps its was Dehli I am not sure about that.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

Actually their plan was not to stay in Mumbai but after killing as many people as possible and staying in Taj for 3 days their plan was to kidnap the rest of alive hostages and take them to Pakistan thru boat.

During the whole incident news channels reported the terrorist were asking from the outside caller "ok should i kill this guy, he says he is american/british/french" etc. the caller asked to check their passport in some cases.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by December_Rain]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamherefornow
Yes I saw this on HBO as well and was shocked by the lack of intial repsonse to the attackers by the Indian police. They had old guns, some had no guns and they were not prepared for this type of carnage. The had to get commandos in from someplace else that took a long time. Perhaps its was Dehli I am not sure about that.

You are quiet wrong about that. I agree with initial response was 8 hrs late when the army and commandos were informed but there was no "old guns/equipment" etc. The local police are not trained for fight against terrorists, only the military and commandos. First since it was happening in 3-5 different places all at same time it took sometime to figure out the whole thing. After which the commandos were informed and they were flown from their base (a diff. state which is their base) to Mumbai.

Now such special commandos units have been placed in all metropolitan cities after the Mumbai attack, it was on news.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies! Heyo, thanks for that link! I actually found it, but I didn't think it was too reliable. I will, however, post it to the OP of this thread, so others can see the documentary right away.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Makes you wonder if the 'voice' at the end of the phone line (the orchestrator) was someone like David Headley aka Daood Gilani.

www.hindustantimes.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Oh yeah, I just remembered the great ending (excuse me if I am talking like it is merely a fictional film). The ending was that the terrorists were told to tell the media that the Mumbai attacks were just a trailer, and that the real movie has yet to be seen. It could be simple fear mongering, but it was very scary hearing this.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Actually the trace was linked to Pakistan. I will have to search about the article where I read about it but you can just google it, much easier.

top topics

join