It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Left/Right Paradigm (Summed Up)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+70 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I could give you a very long explanation, pointing out all the similarities, but sometimes its just easier to get your point across with a photo.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8e5074454fcc.jpg[/atsimg]

While everyone bickers about left this, or right that, Democrat this, Republican That we still keep walking in the same direction, with the same policy's.

I know I am not the first to point this out, but I do offer you this picture, hopefully it helped sum the situation up.

PS. i did not make this photo, i am not sure who did, this photo was sent to me by a friend

[edit on 12/10/2009 by Alaskan Man]

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

I am soooo glad you made this thread.
I won't even read most threads with right conservatives this and liberal leftists that.
It is so stupid and I am blown away that people cannot see how divided they have become by using this train of thought.
If I were to say an opinion then I will be labelled as one of the two when reality is I choose to not follow either but will get lumped into one catagory unfairly.
I should be allowed to have some left views and some right views.
I like the middle of the road approach of it all.

As soon as i see one of those left and right words...I just ignore it and move on to another thread as i will just deem that thread totally useless.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
SPOT ON! So one would choose neither! Clever and how true! Make a third option of your own device! Cheers!

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Thanks for posting a pic which can be used to effectively counter any partisan post made here on ATS...

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I'll agree easier to herd us that way.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Too many people are trapped in duality...thinking that things are just either this way or that. How can you just divide people up and say "that side is evil." I know plenty of right and left wing individuals and I haven't noticed any horns protruding from any of their heads. The lines of good and evil cross through their hearts, not their political associations. In fact, too many people use the tactic of thinking if they are the loudest, they must be right.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Interesting anyone want to start putting up billboards with this picture?

second line.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
That picture is definitely worth a thousand words! The only thing missing is blinders on the cow.

It's funny how people tout this politician or that (my politician is better than your fascist/commie politician) but as they are doing so, they sound EXACTLY like the "other side" they are bashing.

I'm still amazed at the number of people on ATS that still have this mentality and if you dare share a point of view with one side you must be one of them. On top of that, it's like they purposefully disagree with the other side and nit pick at every ridiculous thing they can that the other side does/says.

I'm so sick of this us vs. them/with us or against us mentality. There's just no breathing room at all!

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I propose that when people start the partisan bickering threads, everyone posts a link back to this image until the people behind the thread get the hint and wake up a bit.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
You either agree or disagree ...

.. There is no such thing as an unified political ideology, it's impossible..

People have different ideas of what is right for society .. and those ideas are either on the Left or on the Right ..

I also want to know YOUR SOLUTION to this "dilemma"

[edit on 10-12-2009 by Polynomial C]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Awesome! I hope plenty of folks flar and stag (if you will) this thread for hours and keep it very visible on the home page. The now WAY too abundant partisan hacks, who are no different from the boob tube pundits, who post on this site need to squirm as much as possible. The real issue is that secrecy-BASED government (Black Budget, National "Security" State etc.) is what rules, and the 2 political parties are total illusions for those who lack enough intelligence and/or imagination to even notice the insanity of it all. Yes, we NEED a 3rd party, but what should the party stand for? That's highly unclear, at least now. There are several different types of "revolutionaries" and free thinkers, progressives etc.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I have to agree that both political parties are an attrocity. First off if you were to look at both parties from the view of all other Western nations, with the exclusion of Canada, you would see that technically the Democratic Party is Center Right in fact while the Republican Party is Right. In the United States though the only reason we say Democrats are Center Left and Republicans are Center Right is because we spawned from a centrist philosophy in the early 19th century, of course it was not considered Centrist at the time in American politics because there was truly no Left or Right of any sorts. So as our political system split we gained 2 major parties that were at that time Democrats were left of the center while Republicans were right of the center. So to conclude my statement the philosophies of both parties on actually on the Right side of politics even though in America the Democrats are Center Left and Republicans are Center Right.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
You've got 2 big parties in the US. The other is a right wing party, and the other a far right wing party. You're doomed.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The cartoon does truly sum of the figurative pickle we have let our selves slip into.
S&F -- I hope more people see this cartoon.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Dead on. I've said it a million times(hyperbole)and I'll say it again. For an "alternative" website we sure have a lot of people who support the status quo. I don't expect that to change anytime soon.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I am so sick of this left right rubbish, nice picture to op, who ever out there on net that made it.

Does sum it up, and we all get shafted, no matter what.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
It's not about left or right. I think that this idea of left or right is just really false. It's not just about a label. A label is just something that's stamped on beliefs. It's just your beliefs that matters. Me, I'm a libertarian anarchist... and those two labels just tell you what I am... things aren't what they seem.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
S&F! a great picture I think it sholud be the new avatar for the political madness forum!
it shows perfectly where following either side has lead us right into ruin.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I Think the biggest Illusion is that you people think you are Different from those in the Left/Right label..

Trust me.. you may not label yourself Left or Right, but my friend.. you are going to the same Slaughter house..

[edit on 10-12-2009 by Polynomial C]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Polynomial C

you think so eh?

i disagree, there are other directions to head.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join