It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did god create so many different religons?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Why did god create so many different religons? I'm just wondering what the general consensus is on this question.

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
god didnt make the religions power hungry men did

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Naeem82

Have to agree with you. It really is the only answer. We have humans to thank for taking something as hopeful and life affirming as faith and mucking it all up.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

he didn't.
we did.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Yep. People made up religion. Not a god.

Finally, an open/shut case on ATS.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Everybody likes a good lottery!!!
And the winner is.............

Seriously tho,god didn't make religions...man did.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Tell that to the 4 billion retards.

We have many of those retards here in America, who like to call themselves 'true Christians.'

And, what does a 'true Christian' want?

He wants his god to come down, kill the 'bad guys,' appoint himself king over his own creation, and rule them for ever.

This is the so-called 'true Christian's' sad belief.

According to these brainwashed tools, people didn't treat their neighbors well, until the creator had to come down and personally tell them to do so.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
This is the best article that I've read in a while explaining why there are so many religions and resulting religious conflicts. It states that "many religions, from ancient totemism onward, have their deepest roots in tribal societies...All religious hatred — whether Christian, Jewish, Islamic, Buddhist, Hindu or other — speaks the language of tribe and clan. And in true tribal fashion, that language is loaded with sensitivities about respect, honor and dignity. An insult or injury to any of these is sensed by all tribal members, and the only honorable recourse is full compensation or total revenge. This is an essential ethic of tribes and clans, no matter their religion." In other words, tribal man created religion and all that religion's rules. Unfortunately, we live in a modern society mixed with ancient tribal ideologies. It's like mixing oil and water which is why there is so much conflict and why so many things (including many of our religious texts) just don't make sense to us anymore. Think of the poor Muslim girls who want to act and dress like modern women who are 'honor' killed for simply wanting to evolve and live in our century.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by gazerstar]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
"As with all Sacred Texts, they have been distorted from the original information that was given with each translation. Though again, as with all Sacred Texts, there is still much truth hidden within them. Much of it being 'metaphorical'. If you can find pre King James versions, that is the closest you will get. Good luck with that."
I read that the teaching of Jesus were not put to paper until 300 years later after his death.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by bignick

We have many of those retards here in America, who like to call themselves 'true Christians.'

He wants his god to come down, kill the 'bad guys,' appoint himself king over his own creation, and rule them for ever.

According to these brainwashed tools, people didn't treat their neighbors well, until the creator had to come down and personally tell them to do so.

And who would these "true Christians" be?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
For every political power.

There is at least one Religion.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Religion is a divisive tool of man, meant to divide us along ideological lines so that we have something to fight wars over. Spirituality is something completely different, as it requires no allegiance to a prescribed faith dictated and led by mortal men.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by gazerstar

Your speculation is far from the truth.

Buddhists do not speak of power, etc, what you've said.

I suggest you go read the book Siddhartha and have some enlightenment on this subject, Buddhism is less of a religion and more of a set of spiritual teachings to aide you to enlightenment.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by bignick

Amazing..."Retards." Is that a medical opinion or simply yours?

Christians are "retards."
Jews are "parasites."
Mulims are "Psychotic."

But...You people who call these groups these horrible, insulting, demeaning names are "enlightened." You consider yourself good?

Apologize. Now. And you can redeem yourself and move on.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
oliveoil you ask many non intelligent questions. He said "true christian". Does one have to provide full definitions of every word one posts?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
sorry mispost

[edit on 12/10/2009 by andy1033]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Did you really just say that Christianity isn't a Pagan religion with a straight face? Check the history of Christianity a little closer, and specifically it's absorbance of Pagan beliefs and rituals before you comment any further. I'm thinking Yule, or Christmas as it's more commonly known would be a good place to start. Merry Chrismahanukwanzaka!

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

I'm with the general consensus here, religion is man made... unlike climate change

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Right you are thumper666! This faith is undeniably pagan-based from its origin. For a believer to not study the origins of their faith is just plain ignorant to say the least.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by pplrnuts

Thanks for your support, obviously you are just as aware as I am regarding the origins of Christianity. I gotta say, I too am amazed at how little people actually know about the origins of various religions. It's especially mind-blowing when it's a religion one will claim as their own. It would seem to me that buying into something without first researching it thoroughly, leaves one with an incomplete understanding of the matter at hand.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join