It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 Horsemen of Apocalypse .......

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I just thought the 4 horsemen prophecy was somehow connected with the NWO. Before I put any more post on this subject , I was hoping to get some other opinion from the rest of you guys ...

[edited for title error - nygdan]

[edit on 16-4-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 01:46 PM
link   
To me the horsemen are symbolic. I am Roman Catholic so this is coming from a Cathol point of view. The horsemen are what lead up tp Armageddon. The first is supposed to be encomic collapse, 2 famine, 3 war and I forget the last. According to Revelations you could say the Beast and the fale prophet are the NWO. Now I cannot remember if what Ii said about the horsemen are true or close, they might be mixed up. If you want a better answer ask Truth.

arc

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I think the 4th was pestilance/pollution

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 02:28 PM
link   
the fourth charioteer will be NEAT. he rides the stars like pegasus.

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Arc, one of them is pestilence, but I thought it was 3... Anyway all I can remember is war, econmic collaspe, and famine. I can't remember the other one.

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The 4 horse men = men of many horses, as in horse power, as in automobiles.

The 4 horse men travel to the ends of the earth.

Autos do that now Yes?

JMHO

arc

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 03:04 PM
link   
as do large motorbikes

or have I just read Good Omens too many times....

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Its war, famine, death, and pestilence. In no particular order.

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 10:52 AM
link   
at least as far as the mythology goes...

They simply symbolize the 4 greatest opposing enemies of man, or to be more specific, of the society of man. It's perfectly logical to assume that War, Famine, Pestilence, and Death will certainly be rife during the End Times, thus each of these factors was ascribed to it's own harbinger of Doom, personified as horsemen.

arc

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I'm wondering if the order should be pestilence, famine, war and then death

I appreciate death would occur at any stage of the way, but I think the last horseman was The Death, symbolising the death of more than each individual.

simply because each will cause the other in that order. For example in Iraq now, we have the pestilence of saddam's regime, which has caused his people great famine both physically and socially, this is now leading to war and if WMD are involved could well result in the death of millions.

(prays to the creator of the universe that oneday she will learn to spell and be released from the eternal task of constantly editing her posts...)

[Edited on 26-2-2003 by arc]

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 07:46 PM
link   
If you read the Terry Pratchett book "Thief of Time", (part of the Discworld series) you'll find out that there is a Fifth Horseman who "left before they became famous"

I won't spoil it for you by revealing his name as the part of the book leading up to it is one of the most entertaining parts. I'm sure any of you would find it very funny. Comes highly reccommended

After all, there's nothing wrong with a bit of light-hearted comedy in our current world climate!

Tandino

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 02:38 AM
link   
As someone who has extensively studied Revelations, the four horsemen are as follows: (In order of appearance according to the bible)

1: The False God (White robed man with bow and arrows on white horse)
2: War (Red armored knight on red horse)
3: Plague (Pale faced, black, pale/green horse)
4: Death (Black robes, skeleton, black horse, scales in one hand)

Many bible scholars claim the "False god" is the rise of Islam, or scientology. Or perhaps both.

Many also say we are currently on #2, war. This makes sense, given the current situation the U.S. has found themselves in.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Kai, you are right. Good info.

Wouldn't the false god be Money...?

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Actually, Kai is wrong. The order is white (conquerer), red (warrior), black (trade/economy), then pale (plague/death).

1. "And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering and to conquer..."

2. "... And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword..."

3. "... and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand. And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine..."

4. "... and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth." REV 6:2-8

The rider of the white horse has been likened to both Chirst and the Anti-Christ/ from the United States or even to the alliance between the democratic nations of the world.

The rider of the red horse has been compared to the spread of communism.

(for those of you interested in this topic, I would recommend reading the OT book of Daniel. In it, Daniel forsees a great battle between a great red ram and a white he-goat... they may or may not be relevent to the horsemen, but you never can tell)

The rider of the black horse has been referred to as famine and/or the economy. The scales and trading calls are reminiscient of a stock exchange ("A measure of wheat for a penny"), though it might have meant that food would be short, and thusly, expensive.

The riders of the pale horse (Death and Hell) need no interpretation. They are bad, bad riders.

Please don't take my word for any of this. The only thing I'm right on is the scriptures I quoted. Eschatology, the Christian study of the end times, is a very imperfect science. It is important to remember that these scriptures were written by people who had no experience with helicopters, tanks, nukes, AIDS, fiat economies, computers, social security cards, modern democracy, etc... and therefore had no words to describe them. This is probably why St. John the Divine uses words like "as it were..." and "were likened unto..." when describing these 'indescribable' events.

Besides all this, Christ himself said that "no man, not the Son, not the angels of heaven knows what hour the end cometh, save the Father". So, none save one can really be sure when the end will come.

Peace be unto you,

-�-

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
if you study it from the revelations, Sav is right hands down. (proved by all his qoutes) the four horsemen are deffinately shown in that order. kai just seems to have confused the description of death and plague. however the white can be both a representation of the conquerer or the false god, which Sav mentions when he comment on the white horseman as the antichrist.

however, if you read into different studies you'll find the "horsemen" elsewhere.

in "The Great Works," a very popular book on alchemy you should note the colors refrences..in order are: Nigredo(black), Citrinitas(yellow), Albedo(White), and Rubedo(red)

Alchemy is different from the "Revelations" but still can be connected if you put your brain to it.
Black is- seen as death (actually decapitation, a type of famine)
White- the washing away (conquering) of impurities
Yellow- "silver to gold" or becoming rigid and full of energy, also seen as the unity of colors.(this could also be associated to the "Revelation.")
Red- Humanity (ever heard the phrase, "guns don't kill people, people do?")

if you look at Sav's 4th qoute you can see where yellow's unity card plays in..

i also heard somewhere that white and yellow can be interchanged but i have no proof from any "reliable" sources.

i was currently drawing a detailed image of the four horsemen from the exact qoutes Sav used to describe them when i ran into this forum. deffinately something i found worth commenting on.

[edit on 16-4-2005 by SiLvasky]

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
i will openly state that the four horsemen of the Apacolypse will have nothing to do with the NWO, there four house men will be acts of God, not man.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The following was taken from Wikipedia.com "the free online encyclopedia" -----> en.wikipedia.org...

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse are mentioned in the Bible in chapter six of the Book of Revelation, which predicts that they will ride during the Apocalypse. The four horsemen are traditionally named War, Famine, Pestilence, and Death. However, the Bible actually only names one: Death.

Woodcut by Albrecht DürerFrom the King James Version of the Bible, Revelation chapter 6, verses 1 to 8:

And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.
And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.
And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.
And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.
And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.
And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.
And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
Opinions differ on whether the first horseman, riding the white horse, represents Christ or the False Prophet. The second horseman, riding the red horse, is generally held to represent War. The third horseman, riding the black horse, is Famine, and the fourth horseman (on the pale, or sickly horse, which may be the source of the notion of "pestilence" as a separate horseman) is explicitly named Death.

The white color of the first horse could mean victory, because generals of that time often rode white horses after they had won a battle or war. The crown that its rider wore was a kind of prize awarded for service in a war. The bow that he carried could be a symbol of an enemy at that time, the Parthians, who were famous for their archery. Some commentators have thought it significant, however, that no arrow are mentioned. The red color of the second horse could mean bloody war, and the sword held by the rider could symbolize war and violence. The black color of the third horse could be a symbol of death and famine. Its rider was holding a scale, which means scarcity of food, higher prices, and famine. The pale greenish color of the fourth horse means fear, sickness, decay, and death. The imagery of the horses and riders is similar to a passage in Zechariah.

An alternate interpretation, likely based on differing translations, holds the first Horseman to represent War and/or the Antichrist, the second to represent Pestilence (sometimes called Plague), while the third and fourth riders remain Famine and Death, respectivly.

Hope this clears up some of the confusion

Kind Regards,
Digital Grl

[edit on 10/01/2004 by DigitalGrl]

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Well, here in 2014... the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse become much clearer...
and on the Sunday 29 June 2014, the First horseman, riding on a White Horse to 'Conquer & Conquest' became a realized event... the ISIS declared itself a Caliphate & al-Baghdadi the Caliphates' first (self acclaimed) Caliph = Islamic Leader

this establishment of the long awaited Caliphate came 75 days after the first blood-moon of the 2014-2015 Tetrad of blood-moons which signaled the start of the end-times sequence of 'signs'...
this specific 4 blood-moon Tetrad started with the 1st blood moon of 15 April 2014...
which remarkable is the first and likely only blood moon Tetrad to begin in the Chinese Year-of-the-Horse *Sign*

the birth of the Islamic State directly after the Tetrad-Blood Moon, translates into the arrival of the 1st 'Conquering' White Horse and Rider of the 4 horsemen of the Apocalypse found in Revelation 6 :
Rev 6:2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

Cliphate from conquered lands... al-Baghdadi wears the crown of the Caliph

the 2nd blood moon will be 8 Oct 2014 will usher in the Red Horse and Rider called WAR, there might be another 75 days of continual armies build up just as there was a 75 day window for ISIS to become a self declared Caliphate
see: Rev 6:4 And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

I might use this thread as my springboard to keep us all abreast of how this '4 horseman of Apocalypse' Tetrad unfolds into 2015

btw, al-Baghdadi is only the white horse rider, the 1st caliph...(the initial White horse of the 4 horses of the apocalypse
the Final Caliph or Anti-Christ will replace whomever is the Caliph way after the Tetrad cycle ends... because there are 2 more blood moons & eclipses that follow in 2016=== these will be eclipsed (blood) moons wich do not correspond with Jewish Feast days

4 horse-horsemen are: Conquest - War - Famine - Death

we have a minimum of 7 more years , probably After the 4th blood moon on 28 Sep 2015 until the last half of the 70th week, but I have no looked that far ahead yet

interestingly 2022 corresponds to the 1335 days (years) added to the date of the construction of the Dome of the Rock in 687

weaving stuff to make prophecy real or what?

edit on th31140467003606072014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
it can get murky in trying to follow the historical record of the new Caliphate....

in Feb 2014, AQ & previously al Nursa cut ties with this really dreadfully violent Iraqi based Jihadist group
in May 2014, USA ID'd them as ISIL....
so ISIL,ISIS,ISL, and various other names prior to 2013 with al-Baghdadi in charge...is quite un-eventful, other than a failed mission-operation in Syria...

so--- the April blood-moon did not launch ISIS-ISIL they were already a pain-in-the-butt sect of fighters in Iraq
but maybe al-Baghdadi (the present Caliph) decided in Aril-May to launch an offensive on Mosul in Iraq and leave Syria alone, so he could focus on a regime-change for Iraq & create a Caliphate (with the help/support/aid/orders from the Saudi Monarch & Qatar, both Extremist Islamic supporters.

in any event it is a Gordian knot exercise to try to figure if the evil forces caused the White Horse of the Apocalypse to appear on 29 June 2014 (as a result of the 15 April blood-moon of this special Tetrad)
~or~ was it the 'good' forces that allowed the Caliphate to come-on-the-world-stage right near the 1st blood-moon Tetrad so that the end-times/Apocalypse might actually begin the series of Signs, Judgements, etc. that are ordained/prophecied

thanks

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
continuing my exploration of this particular (4 horsemen tetrad 2014-2015)

I ran across this article which is critical of ISIS=ISIL as a self proclaimed caliphate:

news360.com...#
title: ISIL making mockery of Islamic principles, concepts
- See more at: en.alalam.ir...

I noted tis brief thought in the article:

...One can almost predict what will happen now.
After killing a lot of innocent people, the thugs led by Baghdadi will be defeated.
Their misguided romantic notion of the Khilafah will collapse and die with perhaps Baghdadi’s gory death sometime soon -

Perhaps 'al-Baghdadi' , the self proclaimed Caliph... might be orchestrating his own apparent demise....

~remember how I said with all his knowledge and study he has a definite agenda to try to fulfill prophecy~

al-Baghdadi might try to receive a mortal head wound and survive--- which is found in bible prophecy about the end-times world leader.

the reason for either faking a death... or actually doing a risky surgical operation on his skull to 'prove' his mortal head wound..
would be a very big draw to 10's of millions of fence-sitting Muslims to
'believe' in this Caliph & his caliphate and to join as Jihad fighters to support the Islamic State

let's see Syria/Iraq/Iran/Hizbollah with Russian support+aid and complicit (silent) support from China
all against ISIS

just some food for thought

the Sunni Caliphate might get crushed, at first , but if there were a live reappearance of a dead al-Baghdadi...
watch out...the supernaturally possessed will RUN to the Islamic State to support it & take over the end times leadership status
edit on th31140492466709512014 by St Udio because: zzzz

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join