It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube in HD - Finally we can see the UFO's clearly!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I posted this in UFO thread because the majority of the videos we watch on UFO's come from YouTube.

Well finally, the video quality gets better.

We're excited to say that support for watching 1080p HD videos in full resolution is on its way. Starting next week, YouTube's HD mode will add support for viewing videos in 720p or 1080p, depending on the resolution of the original source, up from our maximum output of 720p today.

I'm curious to see what sort of new UFO videos will be uploaded in the next few months.

Get your HD video cameras out star gazers!

YouTube News

Mods: Feel free to move this if needed. ty (Edit to add this note)

[edit on 10-12-2009 by GioTheGreek]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
90%, if not more, of the Youtube videos are so blurry and chopping that to me, they are useless. In a subject like this clarity is paramount.

A good example is that Turkish video that was/is all the rage where people say they could see an alien piloting.

I couldnt see any perspective and had no idea what/where I was looking at.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by NOrrTH]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I've noticed they've had that option available for a couple of weeks now, but only on corporate type videos (not user made).

here is a video as an example Youtube video with 720/1080 options.

[edit on 12/10/2009 by Alaskan Man]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Maybe it's just me but the quality does look a bit better.

The picture is bigger... but I don't think that the improvement is so dramatic that I'll be able to experience that much of a difference in UFO vids.

Someone hurry up and shoot one in HD

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I wouldn't raise your hopes too much if I were you...

People complained about black and white pictures, and we got video cameras. People complained about the quality of the image in the tapes, and we got digital cameras, people complained about the places where to get those videos, we got youtube... People got tired and complained about the poor image quality of youtube, and now we have youtube HD...

...see the pattern?

[edit on 10/12/09 by Tifozi]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
We have had HD format on youtube for months, I have uploaded many HD videos myself. What's new is the 1080 format.
Cheers
mrix

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

Yeah I see the pattern... but hoax's should be easier to detect and legitimate clips a bit easier on the eyes.

But it's all pointless I guess if they don't use an HD camera.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Seeing a UFO is a rare occurrence, so its likely we are going to see poor video footage from mobile phones as these days almost everyone has one. The odds of someone carry around a high end HD video camera and catching something on tape must be far more remote.
Cheers
mrix

top topics

join