It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush closes the gap

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

A recent poll done by Politico shows that 44% of the people polled say they would now rather have Bush back as president over obama.

article

Perhaps the greatest measure of Obama's declining support is that just 50% of voters now say they prefer having him as President to George W. Bush, with 44% saying they'd rather have his predecessor. Given the horrendous approval ratings Bush showed during his final term that's somewhat of a surprise and an indication that voters are increasingly placing the blame on Obama for the country's difficulties instead of giving him space because of the tough situation he inherited.

I'm stunned by this. Any of you, as well?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
dont buy it. polls are biased and easily skewed.

They certainly didnt ask me!

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Oh, and before anyone starts posting the comment or excuse that "they didn't poll you", please do some research on scientific polling methods.

Also, recall that polls will not always agree with anyone's particular point of view.

It's the point of doing the polls ...

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

the CEO of Politico is also also the Chair of the Board of Trustees of the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library. Not only that, but he worked for Reagan as Assistant to the President. He donated money to George W. Bush. He also works for the company that is financing Politico.
source

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Oh, and before anyone starts posting the comment or excuse that "they didn't poll you", please do some research on scientific polling methods.

Also, recall that polls will not always agree with anyone's particular point of view.

Tell me, do they cite the numbers of repubs vs. dems that they polled? The number of people that voted for obama that they polled? The demographics of who they polled?

Nope, like i said, doint buy it for a second. Nothing but propaganda.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I'd rather not have a president.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I don't buy it either. It's close enough percentage to the number that never wanted Obama and would have preferred Bush or McCain or anyone else. This poll numbers are not necessarily an indication that those who voted for Obama would prefer his predecessor and that is what it Seems the article alludes to. I think that's too far a leap to make.

I do hear ya on the Point though. Obama's numbers are slipping and there are good reasons for it. Some of that has to do with the enormously high positive rating he went into office with and it was inevitable that it would fall. Even he knew that and addressed it in his acceptance speech. Some of it also has to do with job performance and that is a more telling indication of the mood of the people and should be paid attention and notice.

Fox News Poll: Obama's Job Approval Rating Gains Ground

[edit on 10-12-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Tell me, do they cite the numbers of repubs vs. dems that they polled? The number of people that voted for obama that they polled? The demographics of who they polled?

Nope, like i said, doint buy it for a second. Nothing but propaganda.

*sigh*

That's the basis of scientific polling - they have groups of people pre-defined whose choices historically have mirrored the general population.

Asking you and everyone else the question is called a general election.

(but really wanted to use the the "duh" emoticon instead)

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
dont buy it. polls are biased and easily skewed.

Yep i do not like polls, we have no way of knowing the true feelings of all those who where polled.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Seeing as how Bush and Obama have been nearly identical in every which way I'm surprised the number isnt higher.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Given Obama's ever sinking poll numbers, I'm not surprised by this revelation at all. It is back to the lesser of two evils paradigm. Obama has proved to be nothing more than a fart in a windstorm and his former base of supporters have lost confidence in the man of many empty words. The nation ended up buying a Gremlin when they were sold a Cadillac.

Neither Bush nor Obama would be a good deal nowadays. I'd rather have 41 back given the choices that are currently available.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Remember one of bush's last infamous phrases while he was leaving office? " yuor all gunna wish i was back" someting along those lines...
he DEF knew something we didint.....

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I dont like the guy , i never understood america electin him.
To me he was like huggy bear a 70s character from starsky and hutch very shifty, but then well yes like him but no way not to be a president .

NOBLE PRIZE your kidding no he got one do you not smell a rat .

[edit on 12/10/2009 by dashar]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
My poll results show that people were happier, better off financially, and wore more leather clothes when Slick Willie was president.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I think it was a poll of the big banks. They made billions from ripping people off when Bush was in there and got bail out money to pay there bonuses with since nothing was left in the bank no strings attched.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

A recent poll done by Politico shows that 44% of the people polled say they would now rather have Bush back as president over obama.

You make it sound like you're a winner

44% is not the majority, it's the minority.

Now 70% or 80% would do the job.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to centurion1211

You are still missing the point completely. Until the demographics of those who are polled is released, you are simply ASSUMING that those polled are a diverse population. Problem is, when the group doing the polling is affilliated with one side or the other (as they always are), these polls are nothing but serving an agenda.

Buy into them if you want. That's the reason they release them.

top topics

join